C++

S

silenslupus

Anyone else learning or already know C++, Just started, and it seems fun.

most of my university labs were in c++ and i worked with it during 12 months in 3 companies :) it's a powerfull language!

what is c++? i've heard a lot of ppl talkin bout it but don't no wot it is:p

it's an object oriented programming language, very versatile and powerfull. check this site for more infos and links to usefull articles

i use c++. is it the first programming language you've learned?

I've used Visual Basic 6.0 (crap!) and Visual C++ 6.0 in my programming projects for College.

C++ is waaaaaaaaay better.

Like catch, I am learning C# in my spare time. Just got my Visual Studio .NET.

C++ is not from microsoft... it was developped in the 80's by Stroustroup (i think that the one). Microsoft only created compiler (VC++) and libraries like MFC.

Originally posted by ultraviolet7
i use c++. is it the first programming language you've learned?

Sorry for late answer, i just saw your question :) I learned first C which is the precursor of C++. It was in an optional course at college. This is probably one of the reason that made me choose my university program !

Now i've finished, the problem is that there's very few jobs available here mainly caused by the telecom crash that put a lot of experienced programmers on the market and pushed away newly graduated like me and my friends with only a few months of experience...

Yea I'm trying to learn some c++. If any of you know a good online c++ manual please let me know.

Thanks. And if someone could point me a good c++ program, for now i've been using borlands c++ v5.02, but i dont like it... In high school we used turbo c++ or smthng like that, but i cant find it anywhre, yhyy :(

Visual studio?! visual c++ supports both C and C++ but not with C# i think.
That's what my college is using... pretty good ;oÞ

Visual C++ is one of the best, and i'm not really a microsoft fan... ;)

If you want more possibilities, try Visual Assist (in addition with VC++), it adds typing options (auto-completion, coloring, etc) very usefull! You can download it here

Of course, these are not free softwares :rolleyes: *whistling*

Originally posted by blake
Visual studio?! visual c++ supports both C and C++ but not with C# i think.
That's what my college is using... pretty good ;oÞ

The new Visual studio .NET from microsoft handles C#. Didn't try it yet

Heh, yeah, but now i gotta go so you have to talk all by yourself :) I'll prolly ask help when i get back home and get my hands on that visua c++. bbl

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back