C++

Visual Studio .NET

that is hard to use, having a hard time compiling my progams with that any noe how to?

Ok, first n00b question: How can I get rid off that annoying warning that visual c++ gives me when running for example Hello World.exe (the warning: "Note: The terms of the End User License Agreement for Visual C++ Introductory Edition do not permit redistribution of executables you create with this product")

Santamanne, is it a retail version or a trial or something like that? Never got this warning before!

To be sure, you get this error when compiling or running the program?

Is it a program from your own or source code that came with VC++?

Yea its a full version, but its an introductory edition (imo it shouldnt matter?). It comes when I run the program with my own code

it's probably because introductory is another word for "trial version" and no professionnal stuff must be compile with it since it's less expensive (or even free) to buy. You'll have to find a complete version but we can't discuss on how in this forum :p

Well that borland c++ works just fine, and i've used it before so i'll manage with it.
But now to another n00b question :p Character string comparison wich is not case sensitive? string.h strcmp is case sensitive right? :rolleyes:

yes it is... what you can do is a function of your own that uses the function ToLower (or something like that) to lowercase a copy of your strings and then compare those strings with strcmp without affecting the originals.

languages?

that warning is from the trail version of visual c++. i don't think that it is a very big deal if all you want to do is learn how to use it. personally i use visual studio 6 pro. my university supplies copies to all the CS majors. anyone use other languages. i use vb a lot. i know it sucks but it is so quick and easy and you make make it do anything you want with a little work.

pascal
c++
visual c++
visual basic
intel assembly
Qbasic
prolog
perl
java

along with those i had to do some programming in pure hex and binary :mad:

Got Borland 6 and VS .NET need to get around to having a fiddle with em, learn't C++ while using Borland 5 so will have to see what this new version has to offer. Spent the year learning the prinicples of object orientated software construction which was nice.

2 cents

Hey my two cents,
try this website PlanetSourceCode and see how you like it. It came in real handy when I had my Senior Project to program in VB6 and VC6.

Hax

Re: Visual Studio .NET

Originally posted by w0lv3rin3
that is hard to use, having a hard time compiling my progams with that any noe how to?

I tried it and it worked well... which kind of code were you trying to compile? C++, C# VB?

i compiled a complex c++ program (chess game) made with VC++ 6.0 and it worked the first time without errors nor warnings

C, C++ are very powerful languages, some would say to powerful. They can't be verified for every possible programming scenario (input-output) though and can take many years to master and require you being involved in the programming process on a daily basis or you will forget.

VB is a good profiling tool and can't be beaten for model testing in terms of development speed and ease of use, or can it?

I personally have some reservations about some of the concepts built into C++, just like some of Cod's database principles they are helpful if your programmes conform to the in-built structures but otherwise they will increse the effort and error trapping will become a nightmare (if it isn't already).

Pascal was a good language to learn but has fallen out of favour in recent years.

Dave.

I used Visual C++ 6.0 when learning in my programming class..it's actually a fun language to learn...

C, C++ are very powerful languages, some would say to powerful. They can't be verified for every possible programming scenario (input-output) though and can take many years to master and require you being involved in the programming process on a daily basis or you will forget.

VB is a good profiling tool and can't be beaten for model testing in terms of development speed and ease of use, or can it?

I personally have some reservations about some of the concepts built into C++, just like some of Cod's database principles they are helpful if your programmes conform to the in-built structures but otherwise they will increse the effort and error trapping will become a nightmare (if it isn't already).

Pascal was a good language to learn but has fallen out of favour in recent years.

Dave.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back