Burning a DVD to disc?

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
It hit me earlier yesterday that i have never actually burnt a dvd-video on my dvd-burner. So i ripped a dvd to my hard-drive using DVD Decrypter so now i have a few .vob and couple .bup and a .ifo ... My question is where do i go from here to burn them to a DVD-R that would be viewable in my dvd-player.

Am i right in saying it needs decoded then re-encoded? I tried burning the VIDEO_TS directory as is in Nero, but the dvd didnt work so i really dont want to play about myself and waste anymore dvd-s.

Thanks in advance.

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
well, my disc just got stubborn. DVD Shrink says that its an invalid file structure?

Edit: Well, i tried my Wrong Turn and Code 46 discs and both work fine, so it must just be that one. DVD Shrink looks like a nice application, thanks HD

L

Lee

Speaking of DvD burning, something has been buzzing around my ears for a few days now, (it's not a Wasp or a fly nor a Bee) I was wondering, is there software I can use, as you will understand I have lots of 15 minute footages I want to link together and rip to DvD files, I will convert them to DvD format first so that I can stich them all together?

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
I think Nerovision Express (with the mpeg 2 addon) will let you do this, I remuxed and burnt a divx movie and it worked great... Could even create a menu.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Lee said:
Speaking of DvD burning, something has been buzzing around my ears for a few days now, (it's not a Wasp or a fly nor a Bee) I was wondering, is there software I can use, as you will understand I have lots of 15 minute footages I want to link together and rip to DvD files, I will convert them to DvD format first so that I can stich them all together?
what files are they ??

L

Lee

Just been using DvD shrink, for freeware it's mustard,the odd glitch. Used VSO DivxToDVD (freeware) to encode then DvD to file and burn, that reminds me I must donate something to the author, s/he deserves a donation.

DVDSanta will allow you to just drag and drop all of your files (avi, mpeg, whatever) into it's interface, fill in a few blanks (what format??--ntsc or PAL, where you want the final files stored, etc) and hit CREATE DVD. It will link all of your movies together into one long movie with chapters added automatically.
DVD Santa is really a nobrainer for converting all sorts of file formats to DVD. A 2 hour movie will convert in about an hour and a half or so. For a quick and dirty that does a fairly decent job quickly give DVD Santa a try.

For backing up nothing beats DVD Decrypter + DVDShrink though.

If you want a little more control over where chapters are located and what they look like, there are lots of programs...the simple one I use is tmpgenc DVD Author. Simple, basic, works.

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Lee said:
Just been using DvD shrink, for freeware it's mustard,the odd glitch. Used VSO DivxToDVD (freeware) to encode then DvD to file and burn, that reminds me I must donate something to the author, s/he deserves a donation.
dvdshrink is no longer under developement. The Author went ot Ahead to develope Recode ...

as far as my config - DVDDecryptor and DVDShrink, nothing beats them ..

dreamliner77 said:
How is the quality of dvd santa?
It is actually quite good, considering it only does a one-pass conversion, Provided that your original (source) is of good quality.

I am usually pretty picky about the end quality of my movies, and I usually use a 2-pass encode of tmpgenc with High motion precision.... this usually takes 6+ hours to do. DVDSanta will do the same thing in 1+ hours with very good quality. I have tried a lot of different converters and DVDSanta is by far the best of the midlevel converters.
It is by far the easiest to use.

CinemaCraftEncoder is the best, followed closely by tmpgenc.

DVDSanta is better quality than most of the rest, much better than the converter in NERO. (although that is not saying much)

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Lee

If you want to just archive all the files to a playable DVD:

Use Nero Ultra (6.3 or above). Make a Movie DVD.
-You can now string as many clips (avi, mpeg, etc as you want together).
-Or you can do one clip, hit next and add a new clip with a new title. Repeats as often as you like.

This is a beautiful tool, so is the Photo DVD tool that allows you to mix sound tracks, photos and movie clips all on one DVD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut