Version Notes 2005-03-07: 4.0.0 is now available.
- Changes since the last stable release:
- All new queue-based user interface
- Many options are now modifiable from the interface
- Lots of other interface improvements
- Extra stats are visible, for those who like it
- Remembers what it was doing across restarts
- New .torrent maker "btmaketorrentgui" replaces "btcompletedir"
- Better performance, as always
- License has changed to the BitTorrent Open Source License
- Torrent fields are correctly created and interpreted as utf8
- Too many little things to list
A few technical notes, for those interested:
- Single port: launchmany can seed and client can download many files from a single port and thread
- Interface now uses GTK instead of wxWidgets
- BitTorrent packets are marked as bulk data to make traffic shaping easier
2005-01-22: 3.9.1 beta is now available.
2004-12-20: 3.9.0 beta, with a whole new interface, is now available on the download page.
2004-04-04: 3.4.2, probably the last release before 3.5, is now out, download here.
2004-03-11: 3.4.1, which fixes all the major problems in 3.4 and has yet even more tracker bandwidth savings, is now out.
2003-09-24: Long awaited release 3.3 is out. Everybody please upgrade
v4.* has only just been released for OS X. Previously it was Win32/Linux (RPM) and the Source released. The GUI and compilation of the OS X version is done by a third party (yet officially supported) therefore it usually takes longer to be released than other versions.