BitTorrent V4.00 Released

what is the changelog ?? and how does this compair to azureus now ?? I believe this is just the basic torrent client right ??

Lee said:
http://www.bittorrent.com/

Windows, Old MAC Linux currently.

Download
Mac. "MAC" is something completely different.

Johnny said:
what is the changelog ?? and how does this compair to azureus now ?? I believe this is just the basic torrent client right ??
It's linked on the front page:
Version Notes
2005-03-07: 4.0.0 is now available.
- Changes since the last stable release:
- All new queue-based user interface
- Many options are now modifiable from the interface
- Lots of other interface improvements
- Extra stats are visible, for those who like it
- Remembers what it was doing across restarts
- New .torrent maker "btmaketorrentgui" replaces "btcompletedir"
- Better performance, as always
- License has changed to the BitTorrent Open Source License
- Torrent fields are correctly created and interpreted as utf8
- Too many little things to list
A few technical notes, for those interested:
- Single port: launchmany can seed and client can download many files from a single port and thread
- Interface now uses GTK instead of wxWidgets
- BitTorrent packets are marked as bulk data to make traffic shaping easier

2005-01-22: 3.9.1 beta is now available.

2004-12-20: 3.9.0 beta, with a whole new interface, is now available on the download page.

2004-04-04: 3.4.2, probably the last release before 3.5, is now out, download here.

2004-03-11: 3.4.1, which fixes all the major problems in 3.4 and has yet even more tracker bandwidth savings, is now out.

2003-09-24: Long awaited release 3.3 is out. Everybody please upgrade

2003-09-24: New website launched
It's not a basic client, it's the official client, all others simply used this as their starting point.

Apparently with the mac version you can limit upload speed.

Always have been able to. I thought that would of been built into the Win32 build too? (Not used the Windows ver. in ages.)

SPeedY_B said:
Always have been able to. I thought that would of been built into the Win32 build too? (Not used the Windows ver. in ages.)

Nah, windows users are kind and generous by nature and would never dream of trying to get something for nothing.

As for application being on front page I cannot see it and if I had done whilst working @ home till 4 a.m. I would have not posted it.

As for slider, I just tried it for legal torrents, and it has one at last!

Attachments

• bt.gif
    bt.gif
    21.5 KB · Views: 104
I like how it can download many torretns from one port now ... Still don't look like very much in the way of other options though. I will stick with azureus, thanx for the info everyone ..

Yeah, been far too preoccupied to post news recently, which is upsetting.
I will give it a good blitz when I finish work as it is obviously important to me!

SPeedY_B said:

You could limit the upload speed with the windows version.. but in order to do so, you had launch it from the command line using a /limit_upload=xxx switch or something like that.

Electronic Punk said:
Yeah, been far too preoccupied to post news recently, which is upsetting.
I will give it a good blitz when I finish work as it is obviously important to me!
Added it just for you, even gave it the hoff!

fitz said:
You could limit the upload speed with the windows version.. but in order to do so, you had launch it from the command line using a /limit_upload=xxx switch or something like that.
Cool, thanks for the info :)

SPeedY_B said:
v4.0.1 has now been released for Mac OS X also. front page link

O.I.C. well if you scroll up and see 27th of March 2005 post you will see it's posted there too.

Are they the same pieces of software, I don't know I am not a Mac user?

v4.* has only just been released for OS X. Previously it was Win32/Linux (RPM) and the Source released. The GUI and compilation of the OS X version is done by a third party (yet officially supported) therefore it usually takes longer to be released than other versions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back