• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Auto Save Password in IE

If you looked at the attached screen shot there is no place for it to save the password. I looked at the auto complete secions and ect to make sure that its set to save passwords so I am guessing that there is somewhere else where I have to change it. Any one have some ideas for me?

~nate~

Attachments

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
I believe that some site can block the saving of passwords, such as what you're trying to do.

My course site at my college comes to mind. It still had the option but didn't work. And since it's Cisco then it could very well be that way.

User Accounts in Control Panel, Advanced tab, Manage Passwords button.

If you log into a domain this is available. :) otherwise, there is a net use command within that Kelly's Corner link that may do it for you.

Hmm I did not understand any thing from the kelly one that would work with me. I thought there was a button just to remember that password? Hmmm....

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
You can try Roboform:

http://www.roboform.com/

I know it isn't in IE specifically, but I have a few clients who use it and love it. It is also easy to backup and transfer your saved credentials to another machine with roboform installed.

I was referring to this, though re-reading it - might not apply here.

By default, the Stored User Names and Passwords feature creates a "key" for any connection that you make in the graphical user interface (GUI) that requires alternate credentials. When you make a connection at a command prompt by using the net use command and by passing alternate credentials, a key is not created.

For the net use command to save the credentials in Credential Manager, use the /savecred switch. When you use the /savecred switch, any credentials that you are prompted for when you use the net use command are saved as a key.

Therefore, if you are prompted for the user name and password (or if you are prompted only for the password) when you use the net use command (but not because you used an asterisk [*] in the net use command for password prompting) and the /savecred switch, the credentials are saved.

When you type the net use * \\ computer_name \ share_name /savecred command, the user is prompted for a user name, and then the user is prompted for a password.

When you type the net use * \\ computer_name \ share_name /u: domain_name \ user_name /savecred command, the user is prompted for a password.

Admiral Michael said:
I believe that some site can block the saving of passwords, such as what you're trying to do.

My course site at my college comes to mind. It still had the option but didn't work. And since it's Cisco then it could very well be that way.
I think you are right.

madmatt said:
You can in fact prohibit users from saving logon credentials. I do this with OWA.
It's extremely annoying but good security.

Log onto intranet portal
Log onto intranet
Authenticate to OWA

Then I get to see my lovely OWA :yowch:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Hmm, not sure, but .xxx domains won't make it through the registration process :p

I think a setting like that may depend on server-side configurations.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies