Auto Save Password in IE

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
If you looked at the attached screen shot there is no place for it to save the password. I looked at the auto complete secions and ect to make sure that its set to save passwords so I am guessing that there is somewhere else where I have to change it. Any one have some ideas for me?

~nate~

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 198
There is a password manager of some sort in XP - trying to track down information for you - running 2K at work f&*k.

/shakes will be back with answers

Not yet.... The Lotus Notes bit was easy... I can't for the life of me remember how to get to the built in password manager XP has.... cmon google... ;)

I believe that some site can block the saving of passwords, such as what you're trying to do.

My course site at my college comes to mind. It still had the option but didn't work. And since it's Cisco then it could very well be that way.

User Accounts in Control Panel, Advanced tab, Manage Passwords button.

If you log into a domain this is available. :) otherwise, there is a net use command within that Kelly's Corner link that may do it for you.

Yeah the CP one was not available for me. I will give the other one a try.

Hmm I did not understand any thing from the kelly one that would work with me. I thought there was a button just to remember that password? Hmmm....

You can try Roboform:

http://www.roboform.com/

I know it isn't in IE specifically, but I have a few clients who use it and love it. It is also easy to backup and transfer your saved credentials to another machine with roboform installed.

I was referring to this, though re-reading it - might not apply here.

By default, the Stored User Names and Passwords feature creates a "key" for any connection that you make in the graphical user interface (GUI) that requires alternate credentials. When you make a connection at a command prompt by using the net use command and by passing alternate credentials, a key is not created.

For the net use command to save the credentials in Credential Manager, use the /savecred switch. When you use the /savecred switch, any credentials that you are prompted for when you use the net use command are saved as a key.

Therefore, if you are prompted for the user name and password (or if you are prompted only for the password) when you use the net use command (but not because you used an asterisk [*] in the net use command for password prompting) and the /savecred switch, the credentials are saved.

When you type the net use * \\ computer_name \ share_name /savecred command, the user is prompted for a user name, and then the user is prompted for a password.

When you type the net use * \\ computer_name \ share_name /u: domain_name \ user_name /savecred command, the user is prompted for a password.

Admiral Michael said:
I believe that some site can block the saving of passwords, such as what you're trying to do.

My course site at my college comes to mind. It still had the option but didn't work. And since it's Cisco then it could very well be that way.

I think you are right.

You can in fact prohibit users from saving logon credentials. I do this with OWA.

yeah I am guessing thats what they did and since I am a differnet IT part of the company I don't have the in's to know what they did....

madmatt said:
You can in fact prohibit users from saving logon credentials. I do this with OWA.

It's extremely annoying but good security.

Log onto intranet portal
Log onto intranet
Authenticate to OWA

Then I get to see my lovely OWA :yowch:

Hmm, not sure, but .xxx domains won't make it through the registration process :p

I think a setting like that may depend on server-side configurations.

For the passwords that you have saved, when you get a new pc, can you transfer them over??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back