Are You Getting Snow Leopard?

lloydv

OSNN Newbie
So Mac OS X Snow Leopard is shipping on the 28th. For the eligible Mac owners: are you getting it on release day (maybe pre-ordered it in anticipation), waiting until the first major patch is released or sticking with your current Mac OS version?

I would get it in a heart beat if I wasn't running a PPC Mac, since Snow Leopard (10.6) will drop PPC support and be Intel only. :(

Yes - bought a macbook pro last month so I get it for $10!

My Macbook Pro will benefit from the speed and free'd space, and for only $10, i'm In for 1!

I have to pay all $29, but I'm still doing it. I just hope that if I ever have to do a new installation on a virgin drive that I don't have to install 10.5 BEFORE using the 10.6 disk.

from what i have been reading you may need the 10.5 disc when installing 10.6 fresh, as it will require some from files from the 10.5 disc, the information they have given out isnt really clear

OmniouS not allowed to put mac os on any hardware that is not apple other wise you break your license....:cry:....Not sure that you would be able to vertulize OS anyway...But you can vertulize the server on a mac also.

I'll be upgrading asap... it's a good excuse to do a clean install and clear out all of the junk on my system

OmniouS not allowed to put mac os on any hardware that is not apple other wise you break your license....:cry:....Not sure that you would be able to vertulize OS anyway...But you can vertulize the server on a mac also.

My college currently has Leopard available as a VMware image for testing ;)

ordered it through the up to date program and it will ship on Friday, poss sooner they say, may have it on Friday :p

Torn at the moment between re-doing my current MacBook Pro or just buying a new one with Snow Leopard on it because they're so nice and shiny

Not going to get it, as I'm currently using Boot Camp, and Windows XP works fine on my iMac :laugh: Looks like a worthy upgrade though,

Torn at the moment between re-doing my current MacBook Pro or just buying a new one with Snow Leopard on it because they're so nice and shiny

You are lucky for having the money to buy a new laptop.

Is this a full, standalone OS for $29 bucks? Or just the upgrade?

Is this a full, standalone OS for $29 bucks? Or just the upgrade?

The upgrade is only for Mac OS X Leopard users, and is only available to those that are running on the Intel platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back