• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Are You Getting Snow Leopard?

lloydv

OSNN One Post Wonder
So Mac OS X Snow Leopard is shipping on the 28th. For the eligible Mac owners: are you getting it on release day (maybe pre-ordered it in anticipation), waiting until the first major patch is released or sticking with your current Mac OS version?

Xie

- geek -
I would get it in a heart beat if I wasn't running a PPC Mac, since Snow Leopard (10.6) will drop PPC support and be Intel only. :(

sjbarag

OSNN One Post Wonder
I have to pay all $29, but I'm still doing it. I just hope that if I ever have to do a new installation on a virgin drive that I don't have to install 10.5 BEFORE using the 10.6 disk.

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
from what i have been reading you may need the 10.5 disc when installing 10.6 fresh, as it will require some from files from the 10.5 disc, the information they have given out isnt really clear

ikat

OSNN One Post Wonder
OmniouS not allowed to put mac os on any hardware that is not apple other wise you break your license....:cry:....Not sure that you would be able to vertulize OS anyway...But you can vertulize the server on a mac also.

OmniouS

OSNN One Post Wonder
OmniouS not allowed to put mac os on any hardware that is not apple other wise you break your license....:cry:....Not sure that you would be able to vertulize OS anyway...But you can vertulize the server on a mac also.
My college currently has Leopard available as a VMware image for testing ;)

Torn at the moment between re-doing my current MacBook Pro or just buying a new one with Snow Leopard on it because they're so nice and shiny

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge