AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Re: Athlon 64-bit processor club

gonaads said:
Thank Youuuuuuuu. :p

:dead:

I am happy with my AMD 64 3000+ :laugh: :)

I have really no reason to get anything better since i only use my computer for internet and burning music from cds to my computer but its aways nice to have a better computer then your friends hehe.

:) hope you have the enjoyment and satisfaction knowing that the machine you'l be using next week that you built it ,i do and this from an oldie in age . :)

perris said:
shipping for me was ten bucks

you are probably gonna get a bigger box then I get

I wonder when this ships

Well I am in Canada so not sure if that is $22 US or $22 Can either way I will see on my bill, not sure when they ship but you can take a look on their site with your email and #

thanks perris and dragonbeat. i'll be making the most of my new rig as soon as i get my hands on the long awaited cpu. :D

We have received your order for the Windows XP Professional x64
Technology Advancement product and will be shipping your order to
you within 4-6 weeks following the approval of your credit card.
A summary of your order along with your order number is provided
below.

There telling me 4-6 weeks after card gets approved

TittleBitties said:

I am happy with my AMD 64 3000+ :laugh: :)

I have really no reason to get anything better since i only use my computer for internet and burning music from cds to my computer but its aways nice to have a better computer then your friends hehe.

Our 2nd rig ( my kids ) have that CPU its a fine CPU no troubles !

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Our 2nd rig ( my kids ) have that CPU its a fine CPU no troubles !

Yep, My daughters now have that one in their box.

Got video issues ATM though. ATi Vid Card... Sucks big hairy balls. :(

gonaads said:
Yep, My daughters now have that one in their box.

Got video issues ATM though. ATi Vid Card... Sucks big hairy balls. :(

Well I gave ATI another try with the 9800pro and now both our rigs are in the 6800 family one GT one vanilla fanless.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
We have received your order for the Windows XP Professional x64
Technology Advancement product and will be shipping your order to
you within 4-6 weeks following the approval of your credit card.
A summary of your order along with your order number is provided
below.

There telling me 4-6 weeks after card gets approved

First of all, why would you want to pay for XP x64 when you can get the free upgrade? Also, is it actually cheaper than buying XP 32-bit and then getting the free upgrade?

Secondly, by the end of the 4-6 weeks wait, I'd probably have forgotten that I paid for something that I have been waiting so long to receive. :p

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Well I gave ATI another try with the 9800pro and now both our rigs are in the 6800 family one GT one vanilla fanless.

Well I finally fixed that damn video error on my daughter's machine (I had just upgraded it with the A8V [thanks zeke_mo] and my olderish Athlon 64 3000+). It was the dredded "endless loop" error. Man what a bitch it was to track down and fix. Everything pointed to it. but I couldn't get the machine to stay on long enough to know what it was. Had some ideas about the AGP drivers and or video card so I pulled the ATi for a really old Asus V7700 (GeForce2 GTS) and them was gettin BSOD up da ass. So, me puts ATi back in, start again. :p Finally got it to jam up at the error moment with out rebooting (yeah yeah did the safe mode and no auto reboot things till my head was spinnin) and got an error reporting pop-up window. Got some nice feedback from Microsoft and the error reporting thingy. :eek: (very impressed) Seems there is a big prob with Symantec's virtual driver (has to do with the video). But I also found that Zone Alarm and Symantec norton AV don't play nice together. Also found out that the ATi 9600 and I think the 9500 and 9700 got issues with this chip set. They don't play nice together, but it's sporatic.

Then it all came screaming back. I had this prob before. Arrrrggggg! Any who... Pulled ATi, put in my new/used eVGA 6600GT (isn't eBay grand...? $150.00 [Sorry zeke_mo]). Got it to install basic MS nVidia drivers and then reboot. :eek: error error error... Yeah yeah, But I manipulated/tricked the silicon gods into thrown out an error popup and sent it in. Same endless loop. Now I'm loopy, but the cumputer is still on. Uninstall ZA turn off Norton AV and reboot. Weeeeeeeeeeee... It stays on without an error. So Me feels brave now. I pop in the CD I burned with da new VIA Hyperion Pro drivers and it updates all drivers including that damn AGP. Now it no reboot no more. Then I got really silly and turned Norton back on. Using XP's built in firewall for now. So far it is behaving well. I still think the whole thing is due to the Symantec/Norton AV. I remembered that the last time I encountered this I killed it (Norton AV). But I paid for this one (don't ask) so I izz stuck with it. Usin AVG on my machine, it don't do no stupid video crap.

Blah blah blah blah blah... Caffee is not a drug! :rolleyes: Need sleeeeeeeep... bye bye. :p

ming said:
First of all, why would you want to pay for XP x64 when you can get the free upgrade? Also, is it actually cheaper than buying XP 32-bit and then getting the free upgrade?

Secondly, by the end of the 4-6 weeks wait, I'd probably have forgotten that I paid for something that I have been waiting so long to receive. :p

Guess you dont read back this is the free upgrade from MS I said I traded in my 32bit the 22$ is shipping and they ship in 4-6 weeks.

Damn Gonnads wtf.

Seems your in deep with this one hope it settles down we have 2 AV8's and are flawless

Both are doin fine It was the one I put in my two oldest daughter's machine that got squirrely. I installed the MoBo but I was using my older 3000+ .09nm which in reallity is the newer process CPU. Then the BIOS went loopy. It first permitted me to go into the BIOS but it started doin all kinds of weirdness. It then locked up and I had to reboot. Then it did nothing (well actually went looking for the floppy drive then the CDROM, I'll get into that in a bit). Zip, nada... Blank screen just staring back at me laughing. Turns out that these boards have an issue with the .09nm CPUs, a big issue. If your board is not a Rev 2.0 or if it's a Rev 1.xx but doesn't have a BIOS with the number 1009 or higher it will freak out on you. It will first try to find a floppy drive to rewrite the BIOS. If it doesn't find the floppy it goes for the CDROM. Now if you have the CD that came with your board and you are having this issue, DON'T USE IT!!! (I had it in the CD drive :eek: ) It will install the old BIOS and then it gets worse. Ya get a blank screen. No boot, no post, no BIOS setup, nothin. This was the big stink with some of these bundles that were being offered by different online stores. Asus A8V and a 3000+ and you got the makings of a MoBo RMA. And from what I have read on many Asus and AMD forums, some were sending them back two or three times until they figured it out or got the low down from Asus.

But fortunately for me I upped my machine at the time I was upgrading my daughter's with a 3500+ NewCastle which is a .13nm process CPU. I had flashed my BIOS a week before to the 1011 version (it was a beta then, it's now a full official ver). So me makes bootable floppy and copies newer BIOS to it. So then me pulls their CPU and HSandF. Me then goes and shuts my machine down and pulls it's 3500+ and HSandF. Put 3500+ in their's and boot. Wooohooo, I got a screen. :D

Now I shut it down without doin anything and sticks floppy in and reboots hitting the "Alt" + "F2" keys (this makes the Board do it's reprogram thingy for the BIOS...Don't ya just luv Asus). It searches for the floppy, it finds floppy, it reprograms BIOS to new and improved BIOS. I shut down. Pull CPU and put back into my machine (I gotta start mine up and make sure nothing happened to it first. :p), then I put back 3000+ and reboot. Go into BIOS and set everything to default. Save and exit and boom... happy happy, until the Video driver shiit blind sides me. But I fixed that too. I am Superman! :p

Last edited:

LOL nad's "superman" !!! it is good to hear you got it straight , strange huh I have the 3000+ and never heard a peep from that board set it up and that was that, and yes I love ASUS the no nonsense bios saver is great.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
LOL nad's "superman" !!! it is good to hear you got it straight , strange huh I have the 3000+ and never heard a peep from that board set it up and that was that, and yes I love ASUS the no nonsense bios saver is great.

That cause your BIOS is 1009 or newer.My board was the same thing, plug in the 3000+ and go. It was flawless.

As for Superman... Supernaads...! It sounds better. :p

gonaads said:
That cause your BIOS is 1009 or newer.My board was the same thing

Awww.. my picture isnt loading anymore
whistling2.gif

Last edited:

just been reading about your booting up etc with your Asus board and -x64bit programme.following what you wrote about bios having to be 1009 or above ,i opened my copy of everest home edition and according to the programme my reading is 1010.003 ,is this okay for the new board or do i need to upgrade the bios . :rolleyes:

gonaads said:
That cause your BIOS is 1009 or newer.My board was the same thing, plug in the 3000+ and go. It was flawless.

As for Superman... Supernaads...! It sounds better. :p

Well I donna wanna talka bouta youa naada's !! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back