• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

acura legend 1991 speedometer problems...help?

logisticprism

Time Dr. Freeman?
yeah so i was driving to school this morning...it's cold as hell, i don't know if that has anything do to with it. anyway a minute or two on my way the speedometer went down to 0 mph, the mileage doesn't move anymore...and the D4 light started blinking. however, the rev meter stilll works. what must i do to fix stuff? any ideas? help? thanks in advance.

edit: restarting the car doesn't work

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
On a 91 Acura it is more likely an electric sending unit versus a speedo cable. I would suggest having the sending unit looked at. If not the sending unit, there could be a bad component in the speedo itself. Gonaads might be able to give some insight when he comes on.

logisticprism

Time Dr. Freeman?
i hope it's something i can fix without spending too much money, more importantly something that can be fixed quickly (my dad gets back in 3 days and i need to have his car fixed by then). thanks for the info. any ideas on where i might take it in and/or the estimated price? i'll check my manual in a few minutes and post back if i find anything.

logisticprism

Time Dr. Freeman?
well all the manual says is that if the D4 light is blinking instead of solid, i might have a problem with the transmission and that i should take it in. on the way home the speedometer needle went crazy at one point, and now it works, except not really. it seems really slow, and if i accelerate quickly, the needle doesn't accomodate that speed. weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies