acura legend 1991 speedometer problems...help?

logisticprism

Time Dr. Freeman?
yeah so i was driving to school this morning...it's cold as hell, i don't know if that has anything do to with it. anyway a minute or two on my way the speedometer went down to 0 mph, the mileage doesn't move anymore...and the D4 light started blinking. however, the rev meter stilll works. what must i do to fix stuff? any ideas? help? thanks in advance.

edit: restarting the car doesn't work

sounds like your speedo/tripometer cable has snapped/come loose or similar and is no longer working your dials.

have u got the manual for the car?

On a 91 Acura it is more likely an electric sending unit versus a speedo cable. I would suggest having the sending unit looked at. If not the sending unit, there could be a bad component in the speedo itself. Gonaads might be able to give some insight when he comes on.

i hope it's something i can fix without spending too much money, more importantly something that can be fixed quickly (my dad gets back in 3 days and i need to have his car fixed by then). thanks for the info. any ideas on where i might take it in and/or the estimated price? i'll check my manual in a few minutes and post back if i find anything.

well all the manual says is that if the D4 light is blinking instead of solid, i might have a problem with the transmission and that i should take it in. on the way home the speedometer needle went crazy at one point, and now it works, except not really. it seems really slow, and if i accelerate quickly, the needle doesn't accomodate that speed. weird.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back