Active Desktop Tutorial

lighter :::

even bigger grin ... there is a position sub in javascript that runs on resize and it holds true at 1200 right down to 800x600 all you 640x480 nuts sorry but you need a bigger display !!!

soz lighter i thought of that !!!!

mooz

Posted by sshenriksen
Can you put like a little link for a program on the desktop ( not icons) but more like my own stuff?

Say you have a little symbol you want as link to photoshop for instance. I keep getting something like: Filetransfer: Would you like to open the file. It can damage the PC if you do.
Something like that. Is there somewhere I missed permissions or something?

Thanks in advance. And when I am done I will post in December desktops as well :D

Sune

Call this function

function exec (command) {
if (document.layers && navigator.javaEnabled()) {
window._command = command;
window.oldOnError = window.onerror;
window.onerror = function (err) {
if (err.indexOf ("User didn't grant") != -1) {
alert('command execution of ' + window._command +
' disallowed by user.');
return true;
}
else return false;
}
netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege
('UniversalExecAccess');
java.lang.Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command);
window.onerror = window.oldOnError;
}
else if (document.all) {
window.oldOnError = window.onerror;
window._command = command;
window.onerror = function (err) {
if (err.indexOf('utomation') != -1) {
alert('command execution of ' + window._command +
' disallowed by user.');
return true;
}
else return false;
};
var wsh = new ActiveXObject('WScript.Shell');
if (wsh)
wsh.Run(command);

window.onerror = window.oldOnError;
}

from a link passing the FULL PATH to the exe ... not a shortcut and that would work ..

mooz

thanks dude, its nice when ppl i respect and read all the time like my work !!! but trust me THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...

i am on the prowl for new ideas and am constantly updating this so stay tuned for some new innovations...

mooz

dang. not really my style, but you have some very useful things in there that I hadn't even thought of. job well done. keep up the great work.

Wow, that looks great Mooz. congrats on doing such a fine job. looks as if people are already trying to hit you up for what you have done. keep it up.

hey mooz... reminds me a bit of the anime "serial experiment lain"... the so called "navy" from her computer...

what i am now looking for is a way to get a hotmail page logged in via a hyperlink .... i am not that bothered about URL security as it will be run from my desktop only and i trust my girlfriend with my uid and pwd..... i know there use to be a way of passing the user details into hotmail on the querystring ... but i lost my link to it ? for those that use trillian thats how it used to login for you..

also any info on messenger API from a web page would be groovy................................

for those of you that are wondering how the inbox and calendar work it is powered by the outlook view control and works without any setup if your outlook is configured to receive mail.

mooz

update ....

ok people i have been back reading this thread and here are the thoughts for the day...

who ever asked for the desktop calculator i have a scientific one on my dt made from pure html javascript uses one image and has all the scientific functions that jscript will allow for .... if you want a copy then mail me...

as far as file systems go .... this is the deal

REGARDLESS of ntfs or fat32 or fat for that matter long file names may be used if you adhere to the following rules

C:\program files\microsoft office\office10\winword.exe

becomes

"C:\\program files\\microsoft office\\office10\\winword.exe"

this works because,..... the windows run box encloses file names with quotes if they have a space and javascript strips out single back slashes ...... so by doing this you win,....

i hope this helpss....

on the topic of making a file system browser you could do it in VBScript using the filesystemobject + its folders and files collections but trust me its hard work there is a easier way

the web browser will display the filesystem ie type c:\ in the aaddress bar et voila so.........

create an iframe on the page and set its source to c:\ et voila the iframe is now your c drive ......

good luck all

mooz

Mooz.
The Hotmail login doesn't work 100% because when an attempted login is made from an outside source Microsoft asks the user to re-input the password (saving and showing the Passport ID (i.e. usernam@hotmail.com)).

However, as it appears to me from your screen shots, you are just loading www.hotmail.com into an iFrame, so I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

.... thnx madmatt .... mooz waits patiently for a comment or a grin from madmatt .....

anyway ... yeah the iframe does load up no prob with a hotmail login but i want to be the otherside of that login ... ie my inbox

madmatt what font are you using on yyour dt picture on your site ?????

for those that care i can get messenger 4.6 buddy list on a web page and am working on a releasable page right now !!!

You want it to login automatically? Checking the box "keep me signed in unless..." doesn't work?

Lucida Console

And they WILL want the MSNM code, they have been asking me for weeks and weeks (they can hardly wait until the new tutorial comes out).

You're dern TOOTIN' we will want the code!! LOL

'Course some of us are waiting more patiently than others! :D

Originally posted by beanieman
You're dern TOOTIN' we will want the code!! LOL

'Course some of us are waiting more patiently than others! :D

uh huh =)

can i have a quick show of hands on the ppl that know HTML javascript and possible a bit of VB (objects)

??????

-> Mooz.:confused:
Sorry, but that does not make a lot of sense to me :( All I was looking for is, like you know when you open a program using a link on the internet. I would like it to do that. So I guess you could just use an icon. When I click the link I get the box with the warning that it might harm the PC and I can just click ok and the program opens. All I need is to get rid of that warning.

Any suggestions?

And I just know a little HTML

Originally posted by sshenriksen
-> Mooz.:confused:
Sorry, but that does not make a lot of sense to me :( All I was looking for is, like you know when you open a program using a link on the internet. I would like it to do that. So I guess you could just use an icon. When I click the link I get the box with the warning that it might harm the PC and I can just click ok and the program opens. All I need is to get rid of that warning.

Any suggestions?

And I just know a little HTML

the reason is this .....

the warning is built into ie when the browser recieves a file that it cant interpret it allows you to download or open it //// thus the warning

as we are all working locally on our own machines not over the internet you dont need to download any files you just need to execute a file that already exists.....
the code i gave you allows you to execute a file that is local to your pc or network.

mooz

Ok. COOL. :D But do I need all of that per link I have? or just once, and where in the HTML does it go?

Thanks. :D

Originally posted by sshenriksen
Ok. COOL. :D But do I need all of that per link I have? or just once, and where in the HTML does it go?

Thanks. :D

all you need to do is paste the function once in the head of the code in a script tag if there isnt already one there

then from a link do this

<a href="#" onClick="exec('C:\\the full path to your file.exe')">click me</a>

i think

mooz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back