Active Desktop Tutorial

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
I'd think it'd be quite a resource hog to have on your desktop all the time.
Plus its not that easy to make and the Flash program itself is quite expensive.

It figures... that's what I get fer thinkin' :) thx for explaining it to me hehe

Originally posted by beanieman
It figures... that's what I get fer thinkin' :) thx for explaining it to me hehe
no problem,
i actually just had a look on the Macromedia site out of curiosity for the price, and FlashMX is $499USD :eek: :D
Possibly why not many people make/create flash :)

I've done flash on my desktop in the past.
It is a resource hog.
It was quite nice though.

haha dworn, i saw that script there too, and i thought of using it, but i never got around to it. guess that's what i get for not jumping on it when i had the chance :) looks pretty good, nice and small when you aren't using it too

Mooz dooz all a favour - post it man it's **** hot!!! I'm sure more ideas will come flooding for ya from the peeps on de board, once we get our greazy mits onit!!!!

Here is my latest active destop.
Data on the calendar saved in excel file.

Originally posted by zalood
Here is my latest active destop.
Data on the calendar saved in excel file.

like what you've done with mmpx. good job.

Originally posted by Piett
haha dworn, i saw that script there too, and i thought of using it, but i never got around to it. guess that's what i get for not jumping on it when i had the chance :) looks pretty good, nice and small when you aren't using it too

well, i am no programmer, but i can find my way around in ones code, as long as it is documented... so just place madmatts "exe" script in the header, thats all... and instead of using the href in the submenu area of the dhtml script part (body, pretty deep down @ line 240 or something) just put the exec ('mattrockzandmooztoifhepostshisguide.vbs') there...PM me if u want to source... but as mentioned, there is still this 1px bug in the script...

that's alright. i can get it from www.dhtmlcentral.com if i get the hankering. i agree, the comments inside of it are grand, that's the only way that i figured it out at all.

[edit]also, i can't change the background colour of the quicknotes. i tried changing it in the body tag, but it didn't seem to work. i tried using hex and "blue" as an example, but still nothing. anyone else getting this?[/edit]

I am currently working on a DHTML version of the desktop to organise all my programs into categories. Can I ask some questions about how to do it? Because I am having problems getting it to work....

-- How do I place links to my programs into the dhtml menu? Do I still do the href thing and then put that into the menu, but where in the code do I put it...

I have a slight (major) problem here, my active dtop has been going fine, but I turned my comp on today and none of the vbs files work, actually 3 of them do. All of the shortcuts that the vbs files are supposed to open work, but when I click on the link that I made or the actual vbs file nothing happens. I've tried it with the full path name and in 8.3 format, I've tried system restore but it keeps failing. Any idea what could be wrong?:confused:

Any antivirus program running in the background ? Some will stop scripts by default... What is the default action for .vbs files (in the folders options) ? Which are the working ones ?

djwhite,

I would def. need more information, like what exactly happens, what error message appears, etc.

A screen shot would work best.

All the scripts have been authorized in NAV, a screenshot probably won't help because there is no error message, they do absolutely nothing, the ones that work are Control Panel, System Properties, and Defrag, all of them worked fora few weeks, now it's just those three. Could th fact that I installed UT2003 yesturday have anything to do with it? I uninstalled UT2003 to see if it made a difference but it didn't, every time I try system restore it says 'system restore failed, no changes were made to the system'.:(

Hi!

Just a little question...

What's the shortcut for the Recycle bin? :rolleyes:

Hey madmatt does you PHP thinger still work as we are at ntfs now?

Post Editted For Drunken Spelling & Words - Geffy

no, it all has to be changed.
will get to it sometime this week.
busy working on other projects so I will get to it as soon as I am able to.
thank you.

Jason, all you need to do is create a shortcut from the one on your desktop (Explorer, Desktop).

or create a shortcut pointing to:

{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

Maybe one of you guys will know this:

what exactly triggers the recycle bin icon to change from empty to full according to the situation???

i'm asking here because i wanted to do some desktop icons and don't want to check the recycle bin every 10 minuts...

Don't worry about my problem, formatted last night and everything works fine now.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back