• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

8mb/400k Broadband, UK, £39.99

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
http://www.ukonline.net/8000/

Hooray, someone offering a reasonable speed for an almost reasonable price at last. A nice kick in the arse for other providers to follow suit I say :D

Unfortunately it's not available in all area's, however they do have a pre-register page to rack up interest and hopefully get your area enabled. :)

ming

OSNN Advanced
Yesf... Hooray... I can't get it coz I'm more than 2km away from the blimmin' exchange. :(
£39.99 is a really good price for a connection like that. Expect existing service charges to come down in the near future. :)

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
Not in my area yet :) not that i could afford it, also
"We would consider regular or recurring data transfer in excess of 4 Gigabytes per day to be an example of excessive use of our Broadband 8000 service."

I mean who doesn't download 4gb a day? ;)

Zarband

The Iconoclast
you guys need to move to Japan, 100mb/s DL/UL Fiber Optic line for about $60 U.S.

Khayman:
"We would consider regular or recurring data transfer in excess of 4 Gigabytes per day to be an example of excessive use of our Broadband 8000 service."

I mean who doesn't download 4gb a day?"

LOL! :D

Kush

High On Life!
Evil Marge said:
£39.99?? I wouldn't pay that just to use the net :eek: Mind you I couldn't afford to,with a family of 4 to feed :rolleyes:
as of now im paying about £58 a month for just something thats faster than dail up cuz i cant stand dial up, but now im on dial up cuz i didnt pay

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
Especially since its only £29.99 for 512 access from BT ulimited, £19.99 if you don't mind a download cap.

I think you can even get ASDL for £29.99 that's 1Mbit.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I agree with you on that... £31 for a connection that's a little more than dial-up. :p
Been thinking of upgrading my Pipex 500 (£23.44) to a 1000 connection (£28.99). Don't think it's worth upgrading at the moment though since faster connections are being introduced more quickly than ever before. Just waiting for 2 & 4mb connections to become mainstream, then the prices will tumble. :)

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge