Zelda: The Wind Waker

Hi all first post here just wanted to support a good point. Im a hard core gamer and I have to agree with Krux. Zelda games have always had Link as a main character...so all of a sudden hes not in the game. Instead its some little kid that looks like my 5 yr old cousin drew. I've played the game and like the gameplay but dispise the graphics. I mean cell shading a game that could have been a graphical masterpiece. And that makes it a game un-playable in my opinion since Im a man of graphics the gamecube is shamed by this game. Plus just does not do justice to the Zelda series. This comming from maybe not as deticated of a Zelda fan as Krux but one still the same. The game gets no points for graphics from me...

Originally posted by chaos945
Yeah you tell that mutant *******!! FOR THE NORMALS!!!!

jk, Zelda: Wind Waker rocks!

hahaha that was great

Zansky, you're practically saying the same exact thing Krux has been saying for the past 3 pages. True, it may not be the original Link, but if you play through the entire game, which apparently you haven't, they practically say that he isn't Link, but in a way he is because he is the chosen one to save the land of Hyrule, which is where the entire game takes place. Every single main character that used to be in the game is still in the game in some way. If you want me to describe it in more detail since it seems like you didn't play through the game long enough, send me a PM and i'll tell you.

so what your saying is if it looks like a chicken, and sounds like a chicken theres no way it can be a cow? pshhhh such 2 dementional thinking! just because hes "like" link doesn't change the fact that he isn't link the game is just very unapealing to the eye, ive read the reviews most say the game looks smooth and well put togehter some of the music was "lacking" and some parts of the game could be annoying point is the game dosen't apeal visually to me and since its not even the REAL link I won't bother I do plan to buy the Soul Caliber 2 game tho link looks SWEET in that game!

and welcome ot the boards Zansky

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
True, it may not be the original Link,

The game is all about the original Link. So the game just removed its main character and replaced it. So what happens to a franchise title without its franchinse character, it dies thats what. This will be the most forgetable Zelda game, everyone will still be talking about Orcana of Time when the dust settles.

that's just the thing. you almost NEVER heard anyone call him Link the recent games, did you? no. you gave him HIS OWN NAME to YOUR OWN PREFERENCE. he was always reffered to as "The Hero of Time" since OOT. that's about it. In Wind Waker, they call him the Hero of Time as well, since he defeats gannon.

Just play the game (or to Zansky, play the game a bit more). you will realize that it is NOT a disappointment to the name of Zelda. The ending is the GREATEST THING EVER to happen to the Zelda series. trust me.

haha hes always been called link when he talks to ppl they don't say hey hero of time they say link

at the beggining of orcana of time navi and the elf girl say link well navi says hey you at first

What do they call him in SC2, Hero of Time??? For some wierd reason I think they call him Link. Oh wait lets move to other Nintendo games. Nintendo 64 Super Smash Brothers his name is Link...and in Mele his name is Link...and even young LINK. This new Zelda game IS not Link, never will be Link and if him and Link fought, Link would tear him a new one.

Originally posted by Zansky
The game is all about the original Link. So the game just removed its main character and replaced it. So what happens to a franchise title without its franchinse character, it dies thats what. This will be the most forgetable Zelda game, everyone will still be talking about Orcana of Time when the dust settles.

haha don't you find it funny that orcana of time is selling for more on ebay then wind w@nker HAHAHAHA :D

i would say something, but knowing my luck it would get me banned from ntfs.org, so.... i won't. but all i'm saying is PLEASE play the game more than you already have. it's a great game. i haven't found a bad review for it from other people yet. and if i remember, Navi calls you whatever you name the save file. i would go check, but don't feel like it right now.

*sighs* Throwing my hat into the ring here...

Well, I've read the majority of this post, and though I hate to beat a dead horse, I ask that you hear me out:

As far as his name being "Link", Krux, you are allowed to name your character whatever you want. Name him "Nutsack" and his grandmother will fondly call him "Nutsack."

Bear in mind that this is the seventh (real story-driven) game in which this character concept has appeared. Now, I'm no game developer, but it seems to me that one might have a hard time fitting the same single person doing essentially the same thing seven times. I mean, Ganon steals the power of the Triforce, the main character defeats said thief, and peace and prosperity return to the land. Multiply that by seven times and see how many variations of that same formula you can come up with. Nintendo has done a fabulous job by keeping this franchise alive when they could have stopped because they may have felt that they were repeating themselves. Metroid has been a huge success as well, but they keep changing the surroundings and situations that Samus comes across. It's really the same game over and over again, but because they change the story a bit, it feels fresh every time.

Please bear in mind that the "Link" from "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" was not the "Link" from the previous two games. I believe he was that first "Link"'s ancestor of some degree. Mega Man and Mega Man X are not really the same character, either. But does that make all of the "X" games stupid and unsuccessful? Milllions of copies sold, so you tell me.

Lastly, there has been much talk of this game being "for kids." I can guarentee you that this game has too much depth and strategy in it to be easy for a 7-year-old. That's what Rocket Power: Beach Bandits is for.

I'm well aware that there are some closed-minded fools out there who will or will not play a game based solely upon some insignificant detail. I pity those people. We are not gamers for the graphics. We are not gamers for the sound, the style, the characters. While those things make up a game as a whole, they should not make the decision for you. If the game is fun, play it. If you enjoy the game, share it with others. That's why we are gamers, folks. For the entire game, not its parts.

Now I guess I'll get my asbestos shield out, 'cause I just know I'm going to be flamed by some of the aforementioned fools. :)

~JM

THANK GOD!!!! Someone finally came into this little topic that knows what he/she is talking about. JesterMask, do you agree with me that it's been a while since he was actually called "Link" either in the title of the game or inside the game itself (Unless you felt like naming him link that is)?

I do indeed...

Yes, Dragon. I do. I know that in "Link's Awakening," the character was called whatever you named him in the beginning. I seem to recall "A Link to the Past" doing the same thing, but I may be wrong. The player has not been forced to have the character named "Link" for quite some time, though. Since "Zelda II: The Adventure of Link".

Let me edit my previous post by saying there are about 9 Story-driven Zelda games. I forgot about the "Oracle" games for GBC. :)

Finally, if a person is going to complain about two different games containing a character with the same name but not the same PERSON...
...I recall Krux being bent out of shape about this, and absolutely loving "Ocarina of Time." Did you know that Impa, the suave, mysterious woman from "Ocarina of Time" has the SAME NAME as Impa that told Link he has to recover the Triforce in the original "Legend of Zelda?" Quite a stretch from an old, withered, half-dead woman who raised Link from a child to a woman whom he never met until he was 10 years old!

Gosh! I guess that means Krux needs to start hating "Ocarina of Time!" What a shame....

~JM

hmm... so i guess if you agree with me on that, then you also agree with me that Krux not playing Wind Waker just cause of the graphics is a joke, because the game is greater than any other.

Originally posted by Krux
hahaha man you will never even know how big of a fan I am, and a TRUE fan would be upset that they completely changed what the game and characters look like hell they even gave link a SISTER what is it now..... 5 games and no mention of her then BAM there she is....... yeeeeah whatever and you say your 18 years old yahh maybe your body is 18, your mental age is a different story all together. I was going to buy the game but just for the remakes of the 64 game I would have given the game away to a friend with out even opening it. But since people are stupid that work at EB and other game stores and just started stealing and giving away copies of the remake Nintendo pulled it and my entire urge to even buy it went with it. also I have seen the game in action yah wow looks like a cartoon nothing special at all in my mind I've seen better looking cartoons then that. also I'm not sure yet but I'm not even sure its the "real" link I think its just some lil boy with a green outfit trying to be like link (says so in the game somewhere my friend tells me) and if he isn't link why even put the Zelda name on it? Not worthy IMO. You prolly shouldn't attack some one with out knowing there exposure to something, you don't know me, don't pretend to know who or what I am. I am not the only one that was disappointed with what that horrible man did to this game.

This was an in game shot taken from Space World 2000
zelda2.jpg

This is him 1 year later at the 2001 show..... Yup pretty crap tacular
zelda5.jpg

Need less to say ALOT of people where disappointed I was one of them. I'm not one of those mindless people who will just fallow the name Zelda or link where ever it goes I fallow the character and that lil boy is NOT LINK!!!!! Doesn’t even resemble him cept the green clothes.

Thats where your WRONG. The boy in WW is NOT Link. Read the story first. This is bases years after OOT. Link disspeared. The reason why this boy looks like Link is becuase when boys be come "of age" they put on the Legendary Hero's cloths for one day, hopeing they will be come like Link.

jko, i think you're a bit behind on that post. we've been over that fact that he is not the orginal link for a little while now.

And Krux, since i have that gut feeling you're gonna bring up that pic from spaceworld 2000 in another attempt to make the game look stupid, don't bother. i sent a comment to nintendo about the wind waker about how good it was and also asked about that short clip. The person said that they knew the clip i was talking about but they said that they are not sure if that will be made into a zelda game or not, thus saying it was not even planned to be a game when that came out. I've attached that e-mail just in case you don't believe me.

Guess what? You can't, Chaos. Play the Zelda game that Nintendo has been gracious enough to bestow upon you and simply wait.

~JM

All I really have to say is that if you don't like WW, then don't play it. No one is putting a gun to your head.

And, of course, the Ocarina GC disc is going to fetch more on eBay than the WW disc, b/c it is, essentially, a limited edition! :rolleyes:

Melon

Originally posted by chaos945
I want to play that..... :(

Heh, I want to play that aswell. The reason that Wind Waker is such a dissapointment to me, is that when I was expecting the new Zelda game, I was expecting something like the shots above, at gameshow or whatever they were, Zelda in 3D and with awesome looking graphics.

Then...this...comes out. I tried it, I played it. I'm not saying gameplay is poor, or whatever, in order not to upset you Wind ****er fans willing to die over a debate, just saying that I can't accept the game the way it is. I rather have them make a Link To the Past, or a remake of the Link game for the GBA, then play this.

Just, I believed Zelda had beautifully graphically evolved when Ocarina of Time came out, and I loved those graphics, the way the game was made.

And then they cell shaded it. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back