Zelda: The Wind Waker

so u sayin that there gona sell wind waker and the masters quest seperatley?!

no, DM, OOT and master quest were a pre sell offer only. you can purchase it on e-bay or some other website like that from someone else.

and about the zelda in Spaceworld 2000, i don't think they gave up on that. i don't think that was supposed to come out this early. when i first saw that one, i think it was only codenamed Zelda Gaiden, which they did have a sweet video for as well. I think the reason they came out with the Wind Waker using Cell shading was because maybe they just wanted to make a game with nice gameplay to experiment on different stuff. My guess is that they will incorperate the enhanced gameplay from WW into the next version with the great graphics. That's just my opinion. and ya never know about it either, that dude has some wicked ways of tormenting us but still keepin us happy. Majora's mask was supposed to be an in-betweener for the long wait from OOT to Gaiden, but maybe they needed more time for Gaiden.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
no, DM, OOT and master quest were a pre sell offer only. you can purchase it on e-bay or some other website like that from someone else.

and about the zelda in Spaceworld 2000, i don't think they gave up on that. i don't think that was supposed to come out this early. when i first saw that one, i think it was only codenamed Zelda Gaiden, which they did have a sweet video for as well. I think the reason they came out with the Wind Waker using Cell shading was because maybe they just wanted to make a game with nice gameplay to experiment on different stuff. My guess is that they will incorperate the enhanced gameplay from WW into the next version with the great graphics. That's just my opinion. and ya never know about it either, that dude has some wicked ways of tormenting us but still keepin us happy. Majora's mask was supposed to be an in-betweener for the long wait from OOT to Gaiden, but maybe they needed more time for Gaiden.

Thanks for the info :) Sounds Great :happy:

I just can't wait till i can get my copy on saturday!!!! I practically consider myself a Zelda fanatic and a half. To me, if there was no zelda, there...... umm.....:confused: i...... umm........:confused: well, i don't know what. all i know is that it wouldn't be good.

My friend got this game, man I was blown away by it. The animation is buttery smooth. I was one of the many skeptics of the new cell shaded look for Zelda, but believe me, when you see this game in motion and actually play it, you will forget about that COMPLETLEY! :) I might get a Gamecube just to play this game..

Forget about the game yes (as in not play it and ignore its existence)

Originally posted by dubstar
whats cell shading?

Cell-shading is a technique which allows developers to create games that look like "cartoons".

Well, Krux, i guess you're not as much of a zelda fan as you thought you were, now are you?:huh:

The game looks wicked, and I'll be picking mine up in a week or so when I have more time.

My friend always refers to the game as 'Wind Wan ker' for the 'GayCube'

He actually works at EB and is constantly making fun of ppl buying the game...kinda funny :D

A fan that plays the game just because it's a Zelda game without regard for how it's designed is a mindless zombie.

Wind Waker looks like it was designed to appeal to 10 year olds, and you know, it probably will!

I miss Zelda 64, beats this hands down.

Ok, to all you people that are saying that it sucks and junk just because of cell shading, i only have one thing to say...

PLAY IT!!!!!!

i got my copy a few days ago, and it is the greatest addition to the legend of zelda series i've seen. yeah, it may not be the best looking, but it's a sight to behold. bosses are awesome, enemies are cool, gameplay is greater than that of any other zelda game, and i have NEVER, EVER seen a true zelda fan say "oh, i'm not gonna play it cause it looks STUPID". that does not define a true zelda fan in my opinion. Yes, i admit that the games for N64 were great, but i'd rather play this one. one thing that people think is that because of sailing around and all those other parts/dungeons of the game and it's on a disc instead of cartridge is that there will be a lot of loading. well, to tell you the truth, there's practically NONE. hardly even any when you first start the game after selecting the file to start playing.

To get to the gameplay bit of the game, when in any other zelda game (such as OOT and Majora's mask) were you able to sail in the sea, jump out of a boat, climb an observation tower, and clobber a few baddies off the edge into the water with a few swipes of your trusty blade? i've never seen it happen. and the enemies are a LOT harder, or at least most of them are. some reasons for this are:

1. the huge armored knights from OOT with the large swords that did major damage are back, and are a tad bit harder to kill if you try the normal, old fasioned, hack and slash method. (only way to damage is doing a parry attack to knock off the helmet or parry to slice the straps holding the armor on that are at the back of the knight, both of which cannot be achieved by hacking and slashing)
2. some enemies actually BLOCK your attacks
3. enemies even jump out of pots at you when you get close enough. (this happens in first dungeon, just to inform you.)

so all i have to say is, play the game before you say it sucks, even if you rent it for about a day or 2. and BlitzKrieg, tell that friend the same thing. i don't even care if you show him this exact forum post. He works at a place that sells nothing but video games, and makes fun of one of the longest lasting and greatest adventure games ever put out by one of the first, if not the very first console maker, and ALSO makes fun of the console? lame. what is he, an XBox, 1-hit-wonder lover? i mean come on, they have 2 of the best game makers abandoning the XBox Live support cause they do not agree with the terms that MS has set up. i haven't seen anything like that happen with Gamecube yet.

P.S. sorry about the long as h3ll post, but i hate seeing someone put down a great game without even trying it out for a while *cough* Krux *cough*

P.S. #2 also, for those of you that actually took the time to PLAY it and realized that it's a good game just like i have, read this review and tell me how much of an idiot you think the guy is that wrote that review. i mean come on, MEDIOCRE music, combat action pauses? (music is great, acton doesn't pause, at least not on mine.)

Originally posted by Nick M
A fan that plays the game just because it's a Zelda game without regard for how it's designed is a mindless zombie.

Wind Waker looks like it was designed to appeal to 10 year olds, and you know, it probably will!

I miss Zelda 64, beats this hands down.

Seriously, you have no idea how cool the game is until you've seen it in motino your TV. THe screenshots that have been released so do not do the game justice. The game is very very cool. :)

oh, and yes, it may "appeal" to a 10 year old, but i'm 18, still love cartoons, and i HIGHLY DOUBT that a 10 year old could figure the game out, even the first dungeon where you have to go through just about the entire Forsaken Fortress... WITHOUR YOUR SWORD!!! only thing you have is a friggin barrel to cover yourself with. THAT is not something that a 10 year old would be able to accomplish. heck, it even took me a little while to get it the first time cause i couldn't find the right door to go into. kept going in circles.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
Ok, to all you people that are saying that it sucks and junk just because of cell shading, i only have one thing to say...

PLAY IT!!!!!!

i got my copy a few days ago, and it is the greatest addition to the legend of zelda series i've seen. yeah, it may not be the best looking, but it's a sight to behold. bosses are awesome, enemies are cool, gameplay is greater than that of any other zelda game, and i have NEVER, EVER seen a true zelda fan say "oh, i'm not gonna play it cause it looks STUPID". that does not define a true zelda fan in my opinion. Yes, i admit that the games for N64 were great, but i'd rather play this one. one thing that people think is that because of sailing around and all those other parts/dungeons of the game and it's on a disc instead of cartridge is that there will be a lot of loading. well, to tell you the truth, there's practically NONE. hardly even any when you first start the game after selecting the file to start playing.

To get to the gameplay bit of the game, when in any other zelda game (such as OOT and Majora's mask) were you able to sail in the sea, jump out of a boat, climb an observation tower, and clobber a few baddies off the edge into the water with a few swipes of your trusty blade? i've never seen it happen. and the enemies are a LOT harder, or at least most of them are. some reasons for this are:

1. the huge armored knights from OOT with the large swords that did major damage are back, and are a tad bit harder to kill if you try the normal, old fasioned, hack and slash method. (only way to damage is doing a parry attack to knock off the helmet or parry to slice the straps holding the armor on that are at the back of the knight, both of which cannot be achieved by hacking and slashing)
2. some enemies actually BLOCK your attacks
3. enemies even jump out of pots at you when you get close enough. (this happens in first dungeon, just to inform you.)

so all i have to say is, play the game before you say it sucks, even if you rent it for about a day or 2. and BlitzKrieg, tell that friend the same thing. i don't even care if you show him this exact forum post. He works at a place that sells nothing but video games, and makes fun of one of the longest lasting and greatest adventure games ever put out by one of the first, if not the very first console maker, and ALSO makes fun of the console? lame. what is he, an XBox, 1-hit-wonder lover? i mean come on, they have 2 of the best game makers abandoning the XBox Live support cause they do not agree with the terms that MS has set up. i haven't seen anything like that happen with Gamecube yet.

P.S. sorry about the long as h3ll post, but i hate seeing someone put down a great game without even trying it out for a while *cough* Krux *cough*

P.S. #2 also, for those of you that actually took the time to PLAY it and realized that it's a good game just like i have, read this review and tell me how much of an idiot you think the guy is that wrote that review. i mean come on, MEDIOCRE music, combat action pauses? (Music is great, Acton doesn't pause, at least not on mine.)

hahaha man you will never even know how big of a fan I am, and a TRUE fan would be upset that they completely changed what the game and characters look like hell they even gave link a SISTER what is it now..... 5 games and no mention of her then BAM there she is....... yeeeeah whatever and you say your 18 years old yahh maybe your body is 18, your mental age is a different story all together. I was going to buy the game but just for the remakes of the 64 game I would have given the game away to a friend with out even opening it. But since people are stupid that work at EB and other game stores and just started stealing and giving away copies of the remake Nintendo pulled it and my entire urge to even buy it went with it. also I have seen the game in action yah wow looks like a cartoon nothing special at all in my mind I've seen better looking cartoons then that. also I'm not sure yet but I'm not even sure its the "real" link I think its just some lil boy with a green outfit trying to be like link (says so in the game somewhere my friend tells me) and if he isn't link why even put the Zelda name on it? Not worthy IMO. You prolly shouldn't attack some one with out knowing there exposure to something, you don't know me, don't pretend to know who or what I am. I am not the only one that was disappointed with what that horrible man did to this game.

This was an in game shot taken from Space World 2000
zelda2.jpg

This is him 1 year later at the 2001 show..... Yup pretty crap tacular
zelda5.jpg

Need less to say ALOT of people where disappointed I was one of them. I'm not one of those mindless people who will just fallow the name Zelda or link where ever it goes I fallow the character and that lil boy is NOT LINK!!!!! Doesn’t even resemble him cept the green clothes.

Ok, how you say a LOT of people were disappointed, well, the fact that about 600 THOUSAND people pre ordered it says different. and if you read my previous post, i said that they may still come out with that better looking one. and with the other screenshot from the wind waker, that screenshot is crap. PLAY the friggin game and check it out. Screenshot show absolutely nothing about the game, especially one that was taken very crapily like the one you just showed. gameplay is greater than any other game, and if they come out with the better looking one, which they probably will, they will most likely transfer the better gameplay to that one. would you PLEASE read my entire posts a bit more often Krux so i don't have to repeat myself about 8,000 times!!! just play the game and see how it is, and if you don't like it, fine, but i don't know anyone that has played it and DIDN'T like it. just like o_87 said
Seriously, you have no idea how cool the game is until you've seen it in motino your TV. THe screenshots that have been released so do not do the game justice. The game is very very cool.

a friend of mine in school is even gonna go to a local Wal-mart to try it out, but you, you just blow it off like it didn't exist. that's just not what i see a true zelda fanatic doing. i'm sorry.

I am a fan not a fanatic I won't fallow the game if I think they are taking it away from its roots which they did. Like the batman movies...... very hard for me to watch the character change 3 times...... yet still be "the same character" which is why I don't like the later of them. and I read your post I've seen the game being played in person on an HDTV I wasn't impressed. Titian A.E that was an Impressive cartoon (cell shaded 3d cartoon) you can't change the way the character looks (drastically) and expect people to except it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back