Zelda: The Wind Waker

my friend played it and he returned it to the store the next day and said the graphics were bad

so do your friends form your opinions for you?????

the graphics where bad and u dont start out with a sword

The graphics may not be what I'd haven chosen for the game either but it still is a kick ass game. You don't start out with a sword in Ocarina in Time either!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

This game doesnt even run up to 60 fps! Well dragon said it runs above 30 fps, so he probably ment like around 40 or 50 fps.

well what ever fps it runs at the game plays fluidly and never once have i seen a drop in fps it may be 30 fps or hell even 100 when it plays so well and everything is so fluid fps is not an issue.

bah what does he know?! we are having fun right?!

i was having fun too i've been reading the thread since it started i didn't mean to come off as an ass. sorry :cool:

ok, let's see, more proving wrong to do.

_DM_: Yes, you don't start out with a sword in Wind Waker, but what others don't you start out with a sword on? let's see... OoT, Links Awakening, the VERY FIRST ZELDA GAME!!! If it was all based on "you don't start out with a sword", people would have never played the first zelda, but, THEY DID. And they sorta changed the way you get the sword too. No more of this having it handed to you at the start (first zelda) or finding it on a beach or in a wood cavern (Links Awakening, OoT), in the Wind Waker, you actually have a little bit more events happen before you can get the sword. the events that happen are actually the beginning of the game. Heck, the First dungeon in the game you loose your sword for about 80% of the dungeon and have to hide UNDER a barrel to go through it. UNDER THE BARREL! that never happened in any other game.

pretty sure he was talking to everyone in the thred
Well, Krux
for those of you that are bashing the game and haven't played it...
Point made.

and once again Yahrn, i totally agree with you. the game doesn't drop anywhere NEAR 30 fps. you also have to wonder how that can be measured on a console...

i just wish the game wouldn't have been so hyped up causing everyone to form hardened opinions before they even play it then none of this would even be an issue.

Technically, there was no "definite" hype towards Wind Waker. and since i know i'm gonna hear it, i'm gonna say it to save some time.

"What about the movie played at SpaceWorld 2000?"

They said there was going to be a Zelda game for Gamecube. Did they ever say at SpaceWorld 2000 that the preview WAS the next zelda???? i think not. and if you people even bothered to read the e-mail i attached in the one post, you would have read that the video at SW 2000 may or may not be made into a game, but as of the time it was released, it was not planned on being in a game.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
ok, let's see, more proving wrong to do.

_DM_: Yes, you don't start out with a sword in Wind Waker, but what others don't you start out with a sword on? let's see... OoT, Links Awakening, the VERY FIRST ZELDA GAME!!! If it was all based on "you don't start out with a sword", people would have never played the first zelda, but, THEY DID. And they sorta changed the way you get the sword too. No more of this having it handed to you at the start (first zelda) or finding it on a beach or in a wood cavern (Links Awakening, OoT), in the Wind Waker, you actually have a little bit more events happen before you can get the sword. the events that happen are actually the beginning of the game. Heck, the First dungeon in the game you loose your sword for about 80% of the dungeon and have to hide UNDER a barrel to go through it. UNDER THE BARREL! that never happened in any other game.

Well, Krux

Point made.

and once again Yahrn, i totally agree with you. the game doesn't drop anywhere NEAR 30 fps. you also have to wonder how that can be measured on a console...

whateva, whateva. I do what I want!!

whateva, whateva. I do what I want!!

Whateva, I make up words to sound nonchalant, whateva. I also present myself as a shallow fool because I'm unwilling to change my retarded way of looking at a great game, but whateva!

Loser.

~JM

Originally posted by Jestermask
Whateva, I make up words to sound nonchalant, whateva. I also present myself as a shallow fool because I'm unwilling to change my retarded way of looking at a great game, but whateva!

Loser.

~JM

wtf is your problem jackass? who the hell do you think you are? it was a quote from south park, get a life u flamer! you don't know me or how I form an opinion I had the same feelings towards Metriod prime becuse they changed the game drastically, then I played it thought they did a good job and went out and bought a GC and the game. I played Wind waker and thought it was complete crap I tryed the game and didn't like it, GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!

sazar can you close this thred please.

Don't be hatin people...whats your Fooking problem. Why you gotta hate on Krux for having vision of a better game. So when he poses a good arguement...all you do is step down a notch and attack his character...now thats just f***ed up. I mean seriously people its a game...its just a F***ING game...don't hate on someone for his opinon. Hes a good guy and knows his stuff...dont go hating on him or me...play your game have your fun cuz at the end of the day its honestly gonna mean NOTHING.

Originally posted by _DM_
This game doesnt even run up to 60 fps! Well dragon said it runs above 30 fps, so he probably ment like around 40 or 50 fps.:D

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Unless you're in France on a SECAM TV, you won't be at 60 fps. PAL (UK) runs at 25 fps and NTSC (US / Canada) runs at 29.97 fps. The only way you'll ever get more is if you run this through a computer monitor / progressive scan display. Maybe some of you do...I don't know.

Melon

okies... after reading through the thread... it appears we have established this game evokes various reactions in various peoples to varying degrees :)

now that we have established that and the fact that earlier calls for calm heads in this thread appear not to have taken effect... this thread will now be closed :)

not home right now... will edit thread for materials considered flameworthy tomorrow... in the meantime lads... enjoy your gaming... :) whether or not this includes windwaker... that's a different story...

nite lads...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back