Zelda: The Wind Waker

Krux, if youre the "zelda fan" you call yourself, youd be up to date on what mr.miyamoto said about the game. Link is not the same Link IN ANY OF THE ZELDA GAMES. its always a different hero, no matter which game it is! thast why he has a family, thats why the original link from OoT did not appear!! jeez, get with the program already....

Originally posted by Nick M
Just, I believed Zelda had beautifully graphically evolved when Ocarina of Time came out, and I loved those graphics, the way the game was made.

And then they cell shaded it. :mad:

Does cel-shading automatically make the game less beautiful? Less evolved? Cel-shading, being a relativelty new technology, is a step in a new direction for video games. The feeling that you truly are playing a cartoon is an accomplishment of the artists and developers.

If they had gone the "expected" route that you and Krux want, then the game would be a Zelda game, sure. But there wouldn't be anything to make it stand out as far as graphics go. It'd look just like the dozens of other games out there for the Xbox and PS2. Nintendo took a game that could have been a game with graphics that look like they were cloned from some other game, but instead they made the graphic look their own, and succeeded completely.

I for one applaud Nintendo for taking a chance on a budding graphics technology, and it does the entire franchise justice.

~JM

:p I couldn't care less about the video game industry, or whats new and progressive for them, all my favorite console systems are dead.

Yes, it automatically makes it less beautiful. :rolleyes:

"I for one applaud Nintendo for taking a chance on a budding graphics technology, and it does the entire franchise justice."

I totally agree, Nintendo took a chance and succeeded (sales figures for preorders: 600.000 units)

cheers Jestermask

Apu

you really do have to admit, if people didn't think Wind Waker would have done good, they more than likely would not have had 600,000 pre-orders for it. and before anyone says it, i'll say it for them:
"People pre-ordered it for the bonus disc."
hmm... let's see. WRONG! if someone would have just wanted the bonus disc, they probably could have gone to Ebay or somewhere and bought it separately. Cell Shading is the best thing to ever happen to Zelda and the ending proves it.

Damn the character for WW is not Link. So I guess I wont buy it. Ya thats right, I wont buy it cause we zelda fans want Link not some 5 year old kid with some cartoonish graphics. Save your money guys and get some other game besides this. Its weak dont get it just trust me on this one. My friend bought it and played it and he returned it the next day cause it was to g**. Plus I heard this game runs at 30 fps.

ok, the part about 30 fps, absolutely wrong. the gameplay is as smooth as silk, if not smoother. and also, how many times do you see link as an adult throughout the entire game? can't really think of the ones for SNES or lower cause they can't effectively show it and never said how old he was. in OOT he starts out as a kid and pulls out the master sword to become an adult. Majoras mask he was a kid throughout the entire thing.

I know he was always a kid except when he has the legendary time sword. But your wrong about Link always being a kid in Majors Mask. He becomes an adult when he puts certain masks on, and ya like I said I never got the chance playing WW and i'm alrdy dissing the game. :D

Well actually from what i gather from MM, he never TECHNICALLY became older. Think about it, how can "Link" be both himself and a Goron/Zora/Deku/Fierce Diety at the same time? not possible. the masks only changed his physical appearance, not his age. Heck, Fierce Diety didn't even really look like "Link". from what i remember his cloths weren't even green then (even though it was the greatest mask created, other than the mask in WW which allows u to see an enemies health bar).

and yes you do have a point that you are dissing the game before playing it. :D that should give u all the reason to try it out.

aw crap, another one who isnt up to date...
_DM_ if youre such a zelda fan youd know that no links in the zelda games are the same. all of them ARE DIFFERENT HEROES. miyamoto mentioned this in an interview, all the links are different, whether he is from a link to the past, majoras mask, wind waker, or any other zelda game

lol, even though i dont own a GC, i want to try this game out. next time at the McDonalds near my friends place, im trying it on their GC station, :)

Originally posted by _DM_
Damn the character for WW is not Link. So I guess I wont buy it. Ya thats right, I wont buy it cause we zelda fans want Link not some 5 year old kid with some cartoonish graphics. Save your money guys and get some other game besides this. Its weak dont get it just trust me on this one. My friend bought it and played it and he returned it the next day cause it was to g**. Plus I heard this game runs at 30 fps.

HAHAHAHA go you!! game is 100% junk. :D

Read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan if you haven’t already (It’s a great series.) Then come back and play Zelda: The Wind Waker. You’ll see why I suggested you read the books. Ya ya it's not link. I believe it's actually supposed to be a 'reincarnation' of the hero in Ocarina of Time but even that isn't set in stone, they just sort of hint to it. You don't want to try it? I respect that. I enjoyed it, my only complaints were that there was too much water; I'd of like to have been able to run around a little on dry land - perhaps in old Hyrule that would have been sweet and I would have liked to see more uses for the music spells. . Either way, I’ve played the game, finished it and I enjoyed it. I think other's will too...

I wish I had GC I'd go for this cell shaded game.I tried all the old zelda games only this one I call a true game...the others are nothing but a 2d crap.

Originally posted by apu95
Krux, if youre the "zelda fan" you call yourself, youd be up to date on what mr.miyamoto said about the game. Link is not the same Link IN ANY OF THE ZELDA GAMES. its always a different hero, no matter which game it is! thast why he has a family, thats why the original link from OoT did not appear!! jeez, get with the program already....

I think I'm quite more with the program then you, in fact the link from zelda 64 was in majoras mask either that or he beat up the other link stole his horse and kidnapped navi. Just a thought......

Originally posted by Octopus
I wish I had GC I'd go for this cell shaded game.I tried all the old zelda games only this one I call a true game...the others are nothing but a 2d crap.

if you think all the other ones are 2d crap then you haven't played them now have you, this is the 3rd and worst of the 3d zelda games.

for those of you that are bashing the game and haven't played it get your head out of your ass. How can you fully understand and judge a game before playing it. I'm not talking about just for 5 mins or jsut the demo. I mean sitting down and actually giving it a shot. You'll find out that the game is great. It may not be the best game in the entire world, but its damn good. so for those of you judging the game from screenshots and other media without playing the game grow the hell up. This thread has turned into 5 pages for playground arguing. Damn, I thought elementary school was over.

for those of you that are bashing the game and haven't played it get your head out of your ass. How can you fully understand and judge a game before playing it. I'm not talking about just for 5 mins or jsut the demo. I mean sitting down and actually giving it a shot. You'll find out that the game is great. It may not be the best game in the entire world, but its damn good. so for those of you judging the game from screenshots and other media without playing the game grow the hell up. This thread has turned into 5 pages for playground arguing. Damn, I thought elementary school was over.

WooHOOO!!!! go you.:blink:

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
WooHOOO!!!! go you.:blink:

pretty sure he was talking to everyone in the thred..... bah what does he know?! we are having fun right?!:D

Yharn I know this game sucks cause what i said before, my friend played it and he returned it to the store the next day and said the graphics where bad and u dont start out with a sword!. This game doesnt even run up to 60 fps! Well dragon said it runs above 30 fps, so he probably ment like around 40 or 50 fps.:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back