Xbox 2 Launch

ok in real money :) how much do you think it'll cost? more or less than $400? hey good idea ding ding.

They said it would cost around $249-$299. :) But you never know, they might change it.

lancer said:
Anyone have any idea just how much the new xbox will cost.
Which version? The "game console" or the "media center"?

14884077517726061vw.jpg

Can’t tell you how we got our hands on this image, but what you’re looking at is a real live shot of the Xbox 360 that someone sneakily snapped with their cameraphone at Microsoft’s Xbox360 Revealed launch party in Los Angeles last night. Also note the presence of a hard drive attachment up top, the white controller, the Xbox Live headset, and what looks like that EyeToy-like camera peripheral we’ve been hearing about.
[Via Engadget]

Those latest Xbox 2 pix look alot like the Phantom (only white). :p

*edit* - Phantom pic ...

Attachments

• phantom.jpg
    phantom.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 82
Xie said:
Those latest Xbox 2 pix look alot like the Phantom (only white). :p

*edit* - Phantom pic ...

They do...I never thought of that. :p I've read that a senior designer from the Xbox team left a few years ago to work with Infinium on the design for the Phantom. Maybe he had a few draft designs for Xbox 360 that ended up being used as a basis for this?

Anyway, I really don't like the look of the Xbox 360...and it looks too much like a PC.

Indeed I do, depending on the price at launch, I may even buy one straight away.. more likely I'll wait a month for the price to drop though.... it always happens :D

SPeedY_B said:
Indeed I do, depending on the price at launch, I may even buy one straight away.. more likely I'll wait a month for the price to drop though.... it always happens :D

Yeah wait a month. I paid a lot of money to get the Xbox on launch day because all the retailers were only selling it as part of a bundle. A month later the bundles dropped in price by $200.

I think what's really exciting this time around is the really great developer support(especially Japanese developer support) that the 360 is enjoying this time around from the launch date, which was lacking when the Xbox came out.

I'm more interested in hacking the bugger up and getting it to do things that it shouldn't, there's an awful lot of power being put into this machine (if current rumours are to be believed) and I want to abuse it all :D :p

SPeedY_B said:
I'm more interested in hacking the bugger up and getting it to do things that it shouldn't, there's an awful lot of power being put into this machine (if current rumours are to be believed) and I want to abuse it all :D :p

That's fun as well...I tried that once with my older Xbox...now it's a huge paper weight :p

It's not that bad, but I'm still waiting for May 12. ;)

Grandmaster said:
That's fun as well...I tried that once with my older Xbox...now it's a huge paper weight :p
That's where warranties come into play. There's a lot of stupid retailers in the UK willing to take back "faulty" units, and who won't even think to check for tampering... not that I condone that sort of thing (bloody handy though).

We'll see anyway, I'll be interested to see what develops between the launch date and when I actually consider buying one :D

SPeedY_B said:
There's a lot of stupid retailers in the UK willing to take back "faulty" units, and who won't even think to check for tampering[/size][/i]).

We'll see anyway, I'll be interested to see what develops between the launch date and when I actually consider buying one :D

argos has saved me several times :rolleyes:

Henyman said:
argos has saved me several times :rolleyes:
Point proven :p Usually I'd go for Index in Stafford.. but Index kinda went bust :D

SPeedY_B said:
Point proven :p Usually I'd go for Index in Stafford.. but Index kinda went bust :D

My 3 year extended warranty ran out when I did mine. Though they are useful as I've replaced my controllers at least half a dozen times because of it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back