Xbox 2 Launch

For those who are interested, below are the leaked specs for Xbox 360. :)

The controller, the camera, the headset, the camera, and even the console itself...there have been a lot of Xbox 360 leaks so far.

Now, it seems a full list of Xbox 360 specs and Xbox Live details has been leaked. This list comes from a thread on the Team Xbox forums (the thread has since been deleted), and the TXB poster originally got it from another un-named forum.

2 types of Xbox Live:
Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)
Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service:
(S) Also for Silver
(O) Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360
- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) (S)
- Free Xbox Live weekends (S)
- Multiplayer online gameplay
- Motto for gamer profile (S)(O)
- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide (S)(O)
- Offline achievments (S)(O)
- Online achievements (S)
- Access to other players' Gamer cards via Live (S)
- Cumulative gamer score (S)(O)
- Location/language profile (S)(O)
- Reputation (S)
- Enahnced matchmaking using above
- Skill level matchmaking
- Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)
- Recent players list (S)
- Free and premium download game content(S)
- Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv (S)
- Downloadable demos/trailers (S)
- Microtransactions (S)
- Custom playlist in every game (S)(O)
- Play music from portable devices (S)(O)
- View images from digital camera (S)(O)
- Strem media from Windows XP (S)(O)
- Interactive screen savers (S)(O)
- Track info for CDs (S) (O)
- Communication with voice, video or text (S)

The Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU:
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance:

- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor:
- 500 MNz
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- unified shader architecture

Memory:
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth:
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio:
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

To sum up the important stuff regarding XBL:

There will be two versions of Xbox Live. Silver is free (everyone gets it), and Gold is a paid subscription, like the current XBL. It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously. Current Xbox Live accounts will carry over to the 360 and become Gold Xbox Live accounts. Both Gold and Silver members will be able to download demos, trailers, and other content through XBL.

This info seems pretty legit, and some insiders have confirmed that this is indeed a real leak. At this rate, you have to wonder if Microsoft will have anything left to reveal at the MTV unveiling on May 12. :p

Source

I think this is some sweet stuff. :D

Would there be Xbox live gold and silver for the first xbox?

With the specs it sounds like the Xbox "360" will just be a super Mac in a small form factor case. :)

Dang o shoot man...thats fookin awsome! I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to some screenshots. What will the X-BOX 360's unveiling do to Sony's PS3 development?

3core 3.2GHz PowerPC (Do they even exist? :D) and 512mb of GDDR3, fecking impressive to say the least. Most would be happy with that in their desktop machine.

Good to see 16:9 being supported up front too, I despise 4:3 and it's pitiful existence! :p

SPeedY_B said:
3core 3.2GHz PowerPC (Do they even exist? :D) and 512mb of GDDR3, fecking impressive to say the least. Most would be happy with that in their desktop machine.

Good to see 16:9 being supported up front too, I despise 4:3 and it's pitiful existence! :p

I have to agree with that...damn this thing is going to be fun to play with :D

edit:

I have to say though, at least hardware wise, Microsoft have delivered everything I wanted and more. Wireless controllers? Check. Powerful CPU/GPU? Check. Lots of Ram? Check. Harddrive? Check. The specs are awesome.

Also they've borrowed Bungie's idea of skill-based matchmaking...that's a brilliant move. Bring on the games!

Last edited:
SPeedY_B said:
Hell yeah...I'd love to turn that into a desktop system. :D

Latest stuff from OurColony.net. It's a Perfect Dark Zero render. :)

L2893749823.jpg

~bk said:
Latest stuff from OurColony.net. It's a Perfect Dark Zero render. :)

Ourcolony.net appears to be just a ridiculous riddle and a goofy flash bubble. Is there a deeper link?

Last edited:
Today is the launch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knowing me i will forget all about it. Guess i dont have much to see anymore since pics were leaked :(.

TittleBitties said:
Today is the launch!!!!
Not the launch, just a TV plug/showing. I believe launch is set for Novemberish isn't it?

Xie said:
Not the launch, just a TV plug/showing. I believe launch is set for Novemberish isn't it?

The speculation is Novemberish. The original Xbox launched on November 15, 2001. Xbox LIVE came out on November 15, 2002. Halo 2 came out November 9, 2003.

I wouldn't be suprised if they release it around November 15 this year. Besides its perfect timing to get it to become a hot product for Christmas.

Xie said:

You know what i ment :dead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back