Xbox 2 Launch

NetRyder said:
I'll have to wait for the video to make its way on the web. :)
I will probably also. I still have over an hour till this is suppose to be on, and I'll surely forget by then. :p Oh well though .. not buying one anyhoo.

From what I've read on the 'net...the MTV thing was absolute crap :D

http://xbox360.com is now live :) The images on that site make the console look a lot nicer than images released before...looks sexy!

Engadget has been pretty spot on with the 360 so far, and an article on their site now has the following details:

* European release one week after the US
* Japanese release in December
* It’ll be out in less than 6 months (i.e. before November)
* Halo 3 slated for 2005 release
* The two types of Xbox Live appear to be correct
* The X button is used for Xbox Live and displays your controller number
* [Translated] “You will be able to transfer stuff from an iPod.”
* USB-recharging of the controller batteries
* Release titles include: Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3, and Kameo

I can believe all of those except Halo 3...it's more likely a translation error and means Halo 2.5 - the supposed update to Halo 2 that might be released for the 360.

And the name 360 has kinda grown on me now.

Last edited:
Xbox 360 rocks! I'm impressed with the design and specs. :D

Yeah, it's strange...looks really nice from some angles and just weird from others. Everytime I mention the specs to someone, I have to repeat "triple core" thrice because they don't believe it. :p

Going to be really interesting to see how game development studios make use of all that raw power. :)

the thing just barly meets the requirements for longhorn HMMM is this the way to come for computers now?????? LOL

we will see.

but just woundering how long with it take someoen to hack this and put unix or a form of linux on this? i dont think there is a windows version anymore that is a power pc compile. but i know it exists in the unix world.

how long do you think it will take?

Not very long, I'm sure.
There are lots of smart, but very bored people who love to do pointless stuff like that. :D

im ganna try and find a video of the mtv release on bittorrent

Grandmaster said:
http://xbox360.com is now live :)
* [Translated] “You will be able to transfer stuff from an iPod.”
I tried the site and it wouldn't load, so I tried the Coral Cache thinking maybe it had been melted by /. or something. I got a blank page with that also, so I took a look at the source and found it's an evil flash site and that must be why. :p

Oh and about the iPod thing. Are they attempting to make the iPod a portable memory card? A very interesting move by a company (well just Bill) that said iPods are all but dead and we will all be using cell phones for music soon. I don't see any cell phone support mentioned. :p

Funny how Microsoft is gonna have support for the Ipod on the 360 tho but maybe its just me :p.

canadian_divx said:
i dont think there is a windows version anymore that is a power pc compile.
I'm not sure about it still running but NT could run on PPC. ;)
NetRyder said:
Going to be really interesting to see how game development studios make use of all that raw power.
I think consoles like this are going to be a double edged sword for game companys and may be the downfall of a few. The faster the console the more people expect from game makers. They have to make more eye candy, more effects, ect. All this costs them more $ and more production time. On top of that they have to worry about making a game that'll make them all that $ back. Oh and they have to beat everyone else to market or else they are "just another *fill in the blank* type game".

Not sure I'd wanna be a game developer this round ...

Is $300 the price for xbox, the bbc thinks so, not a bad price i say, sure i'll get one maybe 2 or 3 haha

heres the torrent if you are interested

Attachments

• The.Next.Generation.Xbox.Revealed.DSR.XviD-LOKi.torrent
    15.2 KB · Views: 365

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back