Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found something I do not like about this:

When you are editing a post and go to delete, or hit the the delete button, on a line it will not delete it right away. You have to go over it then start typing again for it to completely delete it. I did however figure out how to customize the toolbar. The bad thing about that is that if you customize it, shut the browser down, and then restart it you will find the last button is not there. It just dissapears ..

Johnny said:
I found something I do not like about this:

When you are editing a post and go to delete, or hit the the delete button, on a line it will not delete it right away. You have to go over it then start typing again for it to completely delete it. I did however figure out how to customize the toolbar. The bad thing about that is that if you customize it, shut the browser down, and then restart it you will find the last button is not there. It just dissapears ..

Saw that too Johnny.

Odd..... wierdest anomaly yet I've seen is composing a new hotmail message - if I type any text, and then backspace it, it does delete it, but the text remains. It is magically replaced when I begin typing again. Odd.... ;) BETA.

I've rolled back to IE6 for now, as when I last installed IE7 preview 2 it forever spammed my computer with dialing 0,38 dialup broadband messages whenever it needed to retrieve data from the internet.

The only way to stop this was to hit reset factory settings where it would connect normally until I logged off, whereby it would reset back to its old behaviour again.

Is this a reported bug or can anyone think of a way of forcing the dialup box not to appear?

Go into Internet options under Connections, and put a check next to Never dial a connection.

But then how would you dial in to make a default connection? as the internet is always on but needs the broadband modem to dial in to make "first contact" as it were.

I went back to firefox for now .. I'm not going to remove IE7, but in the same turn I won'tbe using that much either. I am hoping when they release the final they work the bugs out ..

Dublex said:
But then how would you dial in to make a default connection? as the internet is always on but needs the broadband modem to dial in to make "first contact" as it were.

broadband = no dial

maybe I will change from using Firefox to IE7 coz this new browser is so great

I have also noticed the weird text/backspace/deleting issue, which I thought I had posted about before, but can't remember.

Other than that, from where I stand, really great browser. I can't wait until this baby goes RTM :)

Yeah, I agree, wwwdjrcs. It is a very good browser. I am anxious to see what will be come of hte RTM as well. I am also really wanting to try the new windows mail as well.

O.k I uninstalled this. I found that it was starting to cause problems with other programs installed on my system ..

Johnny said:
O.k I uninstalled this. I found that it was starting to cause problems with other programs installed on my system ..
What programs was it causing problems with, and what led you to believe IE 7 was the culprit?

It was doing the deletion problems with myemail client. It was also not showing any text I was typing into word .. Plus, it wasn't highlighting any of the text. I didn't know for sur it was IE7 till I uninstalled it. I had the hunch from the way it was acting with IE. It was after uninstalling it that I found it to be the case ...

I was planning to attend MIX06...until I realized it's during the same week as finals. :ermm:

kcnychief said:
How much do those things cost on average, $1500 USD?
MIX06 is ~$1,000. Bigger conferences like WinHEC and PDC tend to be more.

I downloaded IE7 on my computer and later found out that it isn't compatible with Mcafee have they fixed this problem yet?

SPepper said:
I downloaded IE7 on my computer and later found out that it isn't compatible with Mcafee have they fixed this problem yet?
What problems and what version of McAfee? I run both at home without issues.

I'm running the newest virus scan, fire wall, and privacy service. It didn't affect the fire wall, but all of the other programs messed up. The programs would open and run, but the window they opened in was always blank. Also, with privacy service I had to enter a password to log onto the internet so it basically wouldn't let me log on at all. If our running the same things maybee I will try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back