Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this computer is officially screwed up. I went to uninstall the first beta in favor of the second release and it hung while removing IE7. I tried removing it again after a reboot and it said it couldn't find a file.

I tried installing the new release over it and it said no.

I can't access the Internet on that computer. Oh well.

Just installed this on the laptop earlier today. It feels quite a bit faster, or it could just be related to other factors. Nevertheless, it's a nice build. Haven't had any major gripes with it so far.

Matt, did you try System Restore?

System Restore? Who are you kidding. =)

I got around it. I removed the registry entry that the install looks at (to see if it is installed) and installed the new release. It updated just fine.

What is the build number of this beta?

I wasn't kidding about System Restore, by the way. For major issues, it falls flat, but I've had good luck with it in the past in certain situations. Doesn't hurt to try. :)

I disable it.

I see they haven't fixed the issue with SSL sites and incomplete certs. Other than that it does seem to load pages faster.

They added a few features to the toolbar customization context menu.

Hmm, what else?

What's the issue with SSL sites?

I believe there are additional rendering engine fixes in this build as well. The RSS feed display has also been cleaned up and polished. Other than that, mainly bug fixes.

Well, this is not too bad.

It looks messed up a little compared to IE 6 due to the theme but otherwise it looks pretty decent.

Speed is good and the tabbing is so much better than Firefox IMO :cool:

Now to see if the bugger has any memory leak issues.

I still prefer tabbing in FF, just cause its got more options, close buttons on each tab and at the end of the row, duplicate, undo close, reorder etc

Still crashes a bunch on here though :(

I wish there was a way to get the tabs to the bottom like in firefox. I like that look a lot better.

NetRyder said:
What's the issue with SSL sites?

I believe there are additional rendering engine fixes in this build as well. The RSS feed display has also been cleaned up and polished. Other than that, mainly bug fixes.
NR, for instance... my OWA site... the name matches the site and the cert is within the timeframe. But I setup my own cert server and since it isn't a "trusted authority" it gives me an error page. No big deal, I click to continue and an IE dialog opens asking me if I want to replace the "current frame" with iisres.dll or something like that.

I'll write it down later.

Johnny said:
I wish there was a way to get the tabs to the bottom like in firefox. I like that look a lot better.

That might be interesting :)

I prefer the top version but heck, it's all about options eh?

I just want everything to be on a single line like I had it with ie 6. Now I have 2 or 3 separate "lines" with the address bar, the tabbed section and the classic look option.

i still get that msfeeds error...what gives...im only running what windows needs nothing else....GRRRR

Last edited:
Did you uninstall the first preview?

I love how this version of IE arranges tabs... anyone else notice that? If I click a link that opens a new window/tab and it is related to OSNN it puts it next to it.

Yah, took me a few minutes to get used to it, but it is kinda cool.

madmatt said:
Did you uninstall the first preview?

I love how this version of IE arranges tabs... anyone else notice that? If I click a link that opens a new window/tab and it is related to OSNN it puts it next to it.

I was never able to geththe first one installed i got the same error. I closed all programs (AVG, Bitcomet, WB5..everything) and i cant get it to work. I also did the regedit thing like the site says...

Odd. Running all the latest updates? Does the Malicious Software bit install fine?

It goes to 28% and runs a little slow till about 30% and the it says installing core "whatever" and fails at like 45-50%

Do you already have "msfeeds.dll" on your desktop (C:\WINDOWS\system32)?

If you, try to register the DLL and see if that will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back