Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
madmatt said:
NR, your trick doesn't work with my mouse.
You mean middle-clicking a link to open it in a new tab?
Check your mouse settings. Have you assigned some other functionality to the middle button? It needs to be set to the default middle-click in order to work.

Doesn't work with mine. The wheel is set to universal scroll when you press the button.

That is normal behavior, it should autoscroll unless you are clicking on a link. Do you have any of the crappy Intellimouse or Logitech software installed? Intellipoint screws up my mouse in AutoCAD if it is installed.

Yes, I have the "crappy" software installed. I like the the additional buttons on the mouse and keyboard.

I have the IntelliPoint software installed, and it still opens a link in a new tab in Firefox if I middle-click it. I can't actually try it with IE 7 on this machine because this build doesn't install on XP x64.

intellipoint0nz.png

Logitech doesn't offer that. You can assign a keystroke to it, so if you knew the keystroke combo then you could do it.

I was just pointing out a possible problem I've seen. Unless you have more than the standard 5 [7-button] mouse, the software is pointless and causes conflicts. I have a logitech MX310, and it has a 6th button to open up menus, which I have no need for, so I don't have their software installed.

I tried this yesterday and I think its a nice version - the phishing function looks as though it could be useful for people less aware of internet dangers.

I did need to hit the Restore Factory Settings button first however - my broadband connection got a bit upset with the initial settings (also caused my BT dial window to appear / disappear every .5 of a second when trying to access pages.

The reset fixed everything, although I'm having a bit of trouble setting the homepage properly now (it keeps resetting to some wierd, unkown address containing box non valid characters)

Not checked out the refresh yet, trying to hang on for the next vista ctp :)

mine crashes a lot, especialy when launching pages from my live.com page

Faulty coding perhaps Khayman?

Edit: in the browser, maybe not your web page.

its not "my" my page. just my customised live.com page. which is microsofts page, so its their code either way :)

I really like the browser, alot.

I have to admit when I first downloaded the refresh, my socks were still on and the jury was in. The more I got to use it, the more I love it. Sure, there are a lot of similarities to what Firefox offers, but there are so many little things I have noticed that are really sweet. Keep in mind, I have always been an IE6 user, not a Firefox user. From that standpoint, this browser is an INCREDIBLE upgrade....

I went back to using firefox. IE7 is nice, but it still needs to work some kinks out .. I am hoping they add some more features when it is final. As of right now, I don't see any reason to chose it over firefox ..

Usually when a program enters the beta 2 stage it is considered to be feature complete. Beta 2 is the last step before RTM.

Looks like I'll be staying with firefox then ..

IE7 is not really ever going to get me to switch because it will never be offered on anything but Windows, but I just hope that in the final version there are option to customize it a little bit. I hate the big + on the toolbar, it looks like it should open a new tab but does something else, and I can't remove it. You can't move or customize any of the buttons, that really peaves me.

As I pointed out earlier, I hope they are going to add some more CSS2 support, but I don't think that is going to happen. I just dont understand why anyone would choose this over Firefox if this is pretty much the final product.

madmatt said:
Usually when a program enters the beta 2 stage it is considered to be feature complete. Beta 2 is the last step before RTM.

its not really at beta2 yet though and we know well that Microsoft will have at least 2 release candidates. (if that they hadn't already stated there will be no such milestones)

You're right. "Beta 2 Preview" is a preview of what's to come in the beta.

j79zlr said:
IE7 is not really ever going to get me to switch because it will never be offered on anything but Windows, but I just hope that in the final version there are option to customize it a little bit. I hate the big + on the toolbar, it looks like it should open a new tab but does something else, and I can't remove it. You can't move or customize any of the buttons, that really peaves me.

As I pointed out earlier, I hope they are going to add some more CSS2 support, but I don't think that is going to happen. I just dont understand why anyone would choose this over Firefox if this is pretty much the final product.

We have open minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back