Why is it OK to bash the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Maveric169
There is only 1 big problem with your post.

There are no Innocent Civilians in IRAQ. Period! Lets get that straight. Iraqies knew the US was comming and was told to get the hell out of the way.

You have 2 types of "civilians". 1) is the type that they are for their government and against the occupation (and fight). 2) are against their government and for the occupation (and get the hell out of the way).

Now Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia, hell even Iran, all set up tent cities for the innocent civilians so they would not get caught in the cross fire. Did ANY of them go to these, NO! Anyone who stayed in the "hot zone" has something to lose and is helping Saddam. Therefore the're no longer "innocent civilians".

But alot of you all are right on the whole Iraq deal, the US should have handeled it differntly. We should have gave the damn country 48 hours for all innocent civilians to get the hell out, and then leveled the whole damn country with bombs and been done with it.

The whole damn country is a vietnam senario. That 5 year old kid you just risked your ass to protect...... just picked up an AK and shot you in the back. Anyone who has been to Iraq will agree.

no offense but its THEIR bloody country init?

why exactly will these people leave?

america delcared war... not vice versa... you expect all teh civilians to evacuate so the invaders can just drop big bombs all over the place and preen their feathers? no war is fought like that cept those planned by morons with little clue about what they are doing...

america through its actions has an obligation to do right in Iraq... specially in light of its campain in Afghanistan...

Originally posted by Sazar
no offense but its THEIR bloody country init?

why exactly will these people leave?

america delcared war... not vice versa... you expect all teh civilians to evacuate so the invaders can just drop big bombs all over the place and preen their feathers? no war is fought like that cept those planned by morons with little clue about what they are doing...

america through its actions has an obligation to do right in Iraq... specially in light of its campain in Afghanistan...

Why not, they did in the first gulf war.

Why not, they did in the first gulf war.

did they?

perhaps I missed the bomb shelter that was blown up amongst other things?

:confused:

all those civilians who died in there were not really there?

LOL Maveric... that seems like the typical attitude as to why people dislike the US.

Maybe the US would have had more help if they had more concrete evidence than what they did, as to the reasons why they INVADED and are OCCUPYING Iraq. Maybe even more of the 'little guy' in Iraq would be more encouraged to help out against the fall of it's country.

One thing that also bothers me about this whole global action thing, which most countries are guilty of.... Governments seem to jump into battles, support and so on, but we still have various problems like poverty, lack of healthcare, drugs, starvation, disease, crime etc... rampant in our countries. Why don't our own governments spend these billions of dollars on ourselves?? Why is it when another country is in dire need then all of a sudden a million here, a billion there appears but when we need it ourselves, we got to fight to the bitter end to try and get help. Is there no money in helping ourselves? Does it not help our own economy or something?

Originally posted by Kr0m
X-Istence, as sad as it may seem, money makes the world go 'round.
We may spend our hard earned money on software etc... but we don't truely own it. It's more like we've leased it or something.

Does that mean we can give it back when we're done with it. i.e. p/x for a new one?

@Maveric169 People like you are one of the main causes for the current trend in US bashing.

That kinda self-righteous, pompous arrogance belongs in the Schoolyard.
Not in the world of adults and politics.

You are a sadly deluded individual, a victim of the American propaganda spin machine.

Perhaps Europe shoulda evacuated in WWII when Hitler warned everyone he was coming? I think not.

Let's be honest about this - until 9/11 the US government couldn't give a hoot about terrorism,
because they were largerly unnaffected by it.
Since 9/11 there's this big drive to wipe out the world's terrorists, and supposedly, we (the UK) are supposed to stand by your right side and join in too. (I say right hand side, as anywhere but there makes you fair-game for friendly fire - something the US army is very experienced in) :p

Where were you when the IRA blew the hotel in Brighton with the PM in? Why no airstrikes on Northern Ireland.
After all using your own logic Maveric, They must all be guilty right? lol

Let's be honest about this - until 9/11 the US government couldn't give a hoot about terrorism

you are somehow associating Iraq with 9/11

all of bushes advisor's, including the CIA told him before he started this war that he would be lying if he tried to connect Iraq with 9/11

Bush just didn't care, he figured the lie would stick, cuz America was angry enough.

it did stick...his little marketing trick of his...people are still trying to justify the ridiculous war with 9/11

it's astounding

you are also forgetting that we were already engaged in the country that was responsible for 9/11

if you want to engage terrorism, you do it where we know it comes from, you don't voluntarily dilute your force, and fight your war on two fronts.

anyone with any military training would tell you this

the task was far from finished, and is yet far from finished.

did you know, after all this time, we are still only able to prosecute one individual for that attack?

but Bush figured he would dilute our true task so that he could be popular again

his presidency was a miserable failure, and he needed to direct the American public to look at something he was not failing at.

it seems like most Americans are the victim of the American spin machine,

the press is after all now owned and run by big bussiness with their own agenda after all

this war was spun into a war against terrorism...this war has nothing to do with terrorism at all to do with terrorism

it's so disappointing when I see people still using the day in the middle of September as some kind of excuse for bush to start this war

it's a travesty that bush would use that day for his personal gain

this is worse then those people that lie so they can get some of the money the vitims are supposed to get...much worse, for our children are dying for bush's personal gain

there he was, figuring America would fall for anything that he said was about 9/11

did he care that he would be taking our forces from where they belonged?

no

and even in the light of all the treachery of his lies.

people still try to associate his little war with terrorism.

Originally posted by Erbmaster

@Maveric169 People like you are one of the main causes for the current trend in US bashing.

That kinda self-righteous, pompous arrogance belongs in the Schoolyard.
Not in the world of adults and politics.

You are a sadly deluded individual, a victim of the American propaganda spin machine.

This thread was fine till you started flamming ppl.
Do not continue to flame ppl.
Keep it civil and on topic.

Originally posted by dealer
you are somehow asssociating iraq with 9/11
Yer Bush's Axis of Evil :p
Where next Syria perhaps? j/k

you are also forgetting that we were allready engaged in the coun try that was responsible for 9/11

OMG I hope by that you don't mean Afghanistan!?
The Al-Qaeda Terrorist network were responsible for that, not "a country"
That's the kinda mis-informed lunacy that gets you lot in trouble in the first place.

it seems like it's you erbmaster that is the victim of the american spin machine
this war was spun into a war against terrorism...this war has nothing to do with terrorism

LOL Hardly, I don't believe a word the US Goverment spouts.
Note my comments were tongue-in-cheek - sarcasm.
I wanted to see someone come running trying to justify Bush's motives.

That's the whole point of this thread...people wanna know why u lot get bashed...now you know!.

Let's be honest half of GWBush's out-bursts contain words found in no dictionary.
The man's clearly a half-wit.
I certainly don't believe his hype, but all major US news agencies talk of the war on Iraq, and the war on Terror in the same breath.
Seems like the news US news breakers do!.
Seems they are not mutually exclusive after all.
It's all about the US controlling that nice little strip of sand with all the oil under it.

Axis of Evil lol. - Strip of land with people fronting a different political/religious standpoint to the US. Oh yeah...gotta be evil!

it's so dissapointing when I see people still using the day in the middle of september as some kind of excuse for bush to start this war
So remind me again then dealer....
Why did he start it then? :p
No-one uses that as an excuse except the US media/government.
The rest of the word ain't so green!
Seems like Junior's cleaning up Daddy's unfinished business under the flag of making a better life for the Iraqi people....did they ask for your help...?.

Please don't believe the rest of the world accepts his lies. We're just miffed we're expected to.
Too dumb to know better eh? lol

ya, I ahd just woken up and didn't get the meaning of your post erbmaster

opologies

*goes back to sleep*

There is only 1 big problem with your post.

There are no Innocent Civilians in IRAQ. Period! Lets get that straight. Iraqies knew the US was comming and was told to get the hell out of the way.

You have 2 types of "civilians". 1) is the type that they are for their government and against the occupation (and fight). 2) are against their government and for the occupation (and get the hell out of the way).

Now Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia, hell even Iran, all set up tent cities for the innocent civilians so they would not get caught in the cross fire. Did ANY of them go to these, NO! Anyone who stayed in the "hot zone" has something to lose and is helping Saddam. Therefore the're no longer "innocent civilians".

But alot of you all are right on the whole Iraq deal, the US should have handeled it differntly. We should have gave the damn country 48 hours for all innocent civilians to get the hell out, and then leveled the whole damn country with bombs and been done with it.

The whole damn country is a vietnam senario. That 5 year old kid you just risked your ass to protect...... just picked up an AK and shot you in the back. Anyone who has been to Iraq will agree.

No innocent civilians in Iraq????
WTF

its a good thing there were no innocent civilians in the World Trade Center building when it got hit then isnt it, my god what a load of complete bollocks.

and its a good thing there were no innocent civilians in that large warehouse with the RED CROSS painted on the roof in Afghanistan

popcorn.gif

Maveric169: your so full of it. I can't believe you'd say something like what you posted. Would you like a country to bomb and level the place where you live? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back