Why is it OK to bash the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody will bash anything given the chance, The US people and government bashed France, for not going to war. If people are going to bash I wish they would say "US Government" not The "US."
everybody Bashes ...................... AMD or INTEL, ATI or NVIDIA. I wish nobody would bash, but ....well that would be a perfect world ....and we know that's not happening.

Originally posted by Benny
That treatment has nothing to do with "freedoms of other countries"
I don't like it when people are responding well to brainwash,
I've survived communist Russia, surviving Jewish Israel and hopefully will survive narcissist USA.

I survived Communist Cuba, then the US and the UK started training and aiding the terrorists over the boreder (Im South African) in Zimbabwe, forcing my family and leave the country. Also because of the Western interference my family and my dads friends in Zim are now dead, as are a lot of our family friends etc in South Africa. My dad had to fight in the army in South Africa to try keep the country from being overrun, they succeeded but still to this day the terrorists are fighting across the boreders, and now civil war is erupting.

The US government is the biggest terrorist in the world, the statistics show that the US has bankrupted more than 100 countries worldwide, and has killed far far more people than any other nation in history has ever done.

P.s its nothing personal to the US people, its just the way the country is generally run :)

Originally posted by Bucky Badger
If people are going to bash I wish they would say "US Government" not The "US."
everybody Bashes ...................... AMD or INTEL, ATI or NVIDIA.
Well "Government" is a long word and hard to spell. ;) Just "US" is much easier.

And you seriously forgot Microsoft vs. Linux/BSD/*nix.

The US has intervened in 150 or so different situations since Wounded Knee in 1845 (i think thats when it was)
When I say intervened I mean people have been killed on US orders, and for a country which is trying to promote democracy across the world a lot of those interventions were removing a democratically elected leader and replacing them with a dictator

I will admit that I do not know the statistics for other countries like the UK, France or Germany

Does killing something on the verge of 25 million Vietnamese count as a small dose of deaths?
Does turning all your policies and armies against the native Americans in the late 1800's constitute as killing?
As I said, nothing personal, I know a few really great Americans, it just seems to be something thats been picked up on a lot.

Also, please note its not all direct deaths, things like the Hiroshima bomb etc still kills people today.

Doesnt really matter.The biggest dog has always got the biggest target painted on it.Its human nature.Fact is we have made plenty of mistakes and/but US bashers like to compare us to Utopia.Too bad so many of them buy into it.

In my mind we are far from perfect but I would not trade my citizenship or heritedge for any other.Many americans are blind to their affluence and freedom from worry and it comes across as arrogance to other nationalities and they dont even realize it. Many of the ones in this country that have benefited the most are the least grateful for what they have and they feed the fire of the US bashers of the world including terrorists.It truly is a shame.

I agree with you last two posts jan,,,right on the money

though with the following caveat;

if we see them coming, and if not then while they are in progress

this is the herritage of our nation, and it's our strength...it's exactly the reason we grow

we were never naive to our leaders actions and decisions...though now we are less naive then before, and in the future we will be more informed then now

we are more critical...we are not naive to politics, nor naive of our leaders politics...and the decisions that they make...and the affect these decisions have on our future and the planets future...

the leagasy of man is at times at hand.

we take to question all our motives, from all of our policy... both inationally and internationaly

and this is how it shouold be isn't it...

and so we grow

I dislike all the corporate/political corruption. And Nothing really seems to get done, for the good of the people. But lately we seem to be getting worse. Total hypocracy.

I disagree w/ you kitct, we are arrogant and blind to the world, we're supposed to have the best democracy but only 30% of this nation votes, thats dead giveaway. Our forfathers counted on almost everyone to vote, its not like its supposed to be. I would say, we've steadily degraded to almost blind since the early 80s. I believe there were people who wanted this to happen and it did.

heh, bush actually said "war is peace" once.
orwell.jpg

Originally posted by kitct
freedom from worry
the US is one of the most paranoid and worried countries in the world next to the people it doesnt like who are afraid of getting bombed

Also I offer two quotes
"If pro is the opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress"
"Politicans like diapers need to be changed out frequently and for the same reason"

Ah Im not going to argue anymore, I dont want to make enemies, especially out of Americans who might bomb me (joke!), so Im not going to participate in this anymore.

But please all you Americans, do realise that Americans are the only ones who like America as a nation.

I think that on this board, the rule "No political discussion or aggrsession" should be enforced - I believe pretty much everyone here are likeminded people just here for answers, or for social reasons, I dont think this board should be used as a base for people to express their political views.

There is nothing wrong w/expressing views.Expressing views is good.I respect your views.As long as nobody gets their briefs or panties in a bind.(Wouldnt want to cut off the circulation.) :p

You're right, Unleashed. Politics wears me out. I like talking computers better (although some people get pretty heated about that, too!). Politics, religion, and the brand of motherboard/cpu/video card/OS/web browser are things people will never cease arguing about.
I don't even know why I get caught up in it...

Most everyone has been very civil in this entire thread, including those who disagree with me and my views. There is a distinct difference between an argument and a flamewar. I can respect civility; there is never an excuse to be rude, and I thank everyone who participates with respect for their opposition.

I guess discussion like this has its place when it is kept at a civil level. It may not be in the best interests of the people who run this forum, to allow such discussions. Why risk offending and losing people who frequent the forums for issues unrelated to the site's focus?

I think discussing politics is okay, as long as you don't shove your opinion down other people throats, and like HandyBuddy said, as long as people remain civil.

Keep in mind that in current situations, Iraq and Afghanistan, previous US governments had a hand in creating these monsters we call Hussein and Bin Laden.

Politics is messy, especially on a global scale. Politicians may enter this career choice with good intentions from the start but it seems to get pretty ugly later on down the road, ie: greed, corruption, scandals etc.. There's been plenty of that in a lot of countries, not just the US.

Any 'bashings' seen here are against the governements of any particular country, not the people themselves. Not everyone in a particular country believes in what their government does internally and externally. The 'average Joe' may not give a rat's ass as to what their government does globally as long as this average Joe can live their life, working their job, raising their 2.4 kids with their 2 story house and a white picket fence.(This can apply to ANY country).

Who knows what our governments could be doing secretly behind our backs although during these times it is getting more difficult for our governments to do things secretly, which in a way can be good and/or bad. I sometimes wonder if we're better off knowing everything our governments do or if we're better off not knowing what they do.

meh, so much more to type but I've hit my post limit for this month :)

</end senseless gibberish>

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how wrong they may be."
- Unknown

The Lounge group is the perfect place for such discussions like this. It isn't a bad thing for us to be able to express our views and thoughts. In some countries they aren't able to. Being able to see & hear other's views on such topics can't do any harm, it gives us a chance to see what others think and are thinking on a personal level.

agreed guys, talking about politics should be in our normal daily life, like at work and around the dinner table. It begs to be talked about because it effects us all at one time or another.

I love this discussion. Just have to chime in.

I always find it amusing, to say the least, is that our country (US) is always the bad guy. Doesn't matter what the topic is, the US should have done something smarter, faster, or better than the way we did it. But at the same time not 1, not one single country on the damn planet would step up and take action and do it. It is always the US. Not Europe, not Asia, not Africa, it is always the US.

Take ANY conflict that the US has EVER been involved in and you will find that hundreds of countries expected the US to intervene, risk US lives, and spend Billions of US dollars to stop a conflict. Then, turn right around and condemn the US for the very same thing.

The bottom line is this. The US has become the global police dept. Every time something happens in any country in the world they call the US to save their asses, and then b***h about how the US did it. And the few times the US refused to get involved, we were condemned for that too, yet no other country stepped up and took the responsibility.

It is funny how the world seems to forget all that they owe the US and our arrogance and politics. Considering all of Europe would right now be a communist country called RUSSIA if not for the US. 100's of Millions of people would have been executed at the hands of Hitler had it not been for the US. Need I go on? Didn't think so. Funny how so many people forget.

And who do you think is going to get called in if/when North Korea starts making demands or threats. The US. And we are already getting crap for it.

I think the US should listen to the worlds b****ing for once. The next major conflict to break out, the US should just say NO! Were not getting involved, you do something about it, and give the rest of the world a big political, arogant middle finger. And then we will get to complain about how crappy of a job you did. Granted, that won't EVER happen. Because there is not 1 country on this planet that has any balls that would do a damn thing.

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS, YOUR ALL WELCOME FOR THE FREEDOM THAT WE PROVIDED YOU WITH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back