War on Iraq

watching crossfire right now... its really sad... :(

they are so quick to say france is ungrateful et al... but when the point is raised that there are other members who oppose the war... the response... france coralled them in before they got on side :rolleyes:

heh... oh well... tomorrow is D-Day II...

Bleh, stop ****ing talking about this war and get over with it, i want to know if i'll be going up to my roof to watch the scuds fall or was france right after all.

Originally posted by Geffy
China is starving and killing millions of people within its boarders yet on an international scale nothing appears to be being done about it.
I think (obviously I don't know) that the current plan with China is to change them by a gradual creepage of westernisation. In the same way TB expects us to join the Euro by default. I bet they see China becoming more open and westernised as time passes. By encouraging China to grow in prosperity they see this fairly neutral regime as being receptive and non-threatening.

I would imagine that behind the scenes concessions are worked into every deal - I would hope so.

Israel just as at fault as Palestine as neither will honour any of the treaties that have signed. They are both constantly at each others throats ...
Is sadly the way of things. Which is why to me you really have to be prepared to enforce the resolution on both sides or not at all (the current situation).

My solution (which I thought of long before they did!) is to build an f'in big wall between Palestine and Israel but no access either way. Big zone either side so no rockets can go over, either way.

With no hostility UN/Arab League could pump money into Palestine and rebuild. With no hostility people could begin to talk. When people actually talk they begin to see they are really the same. Wall comes down in 20 years, 50 years? Who cares? It will come down.

Problem I also have with Palestine Vs Israel is this: We all probably know the odd Israeli, and see them on TV. Most want the terror to stop. Most want just to live in peace. They talk reasonably and abide by cease-fires, until bombed (generally true?).

Palestinians? Rant, rant, rant, burn flags, vow death, blow things up etc...

It's never going to win over the world and just puts most people off their cause. Ghandi did more for freeing India (did he not?) than terrorist action (stretching here coz my history there is not good). But that's the point I'm trying to make.

If for example Israel were punished for their failures and violations (this duality is one of the highest causes for hostility towards America in the Arab nations) then the US would likely get more support and compliance from those nations.
Why is it always about punishing Israel and being Anti-US Anti-UK and never about punishing the real bad guys (Iraq)?

Israel, USA & UK are democracies. We value freedom, human rights and our Governments donate hundreds of millions £/$ yearly to help third world countries.

Iraq however is in clear violation of countless UN resolutions and the Hussein regime is responsible for murdering thousands of his own people and for starting two major wars in the space of 5 years. He has used WOMD indiscriminately on his own people and on the soldiers of Iran in a war started by him. Yet all your vilification is directed at the USA, Israel and the UK :confused:

We're not perfect but please is there nothing more to be said than?
Iraq, yes I agree that something should be done, but in my opinion war should never be an option.
Now is your chance…

It is true the USA has put a lot of money and effort into supporting Israel. But why not? There are a lot of Jewish voters in America. Israel has not vowed death and destruction on the USA Everybody is entitled to have friends and support them.

On the other hand if the USA is Israel’s friend who is the friend of Palestine and what are they doing to help them?

Great store seems to be set in the brotherhood of Islam and too right they all appear to be eager to AVENGE AND DESTROY when one Islamic country is slighted, prodded or poked. But what about a bit of help? Instead of building the Burj Al Arab hotel why not build a smaller one and send some money to Palestine to help re-build the houses, homes and lives of their brothers. If they are ready to die for each other why are they less ready to live for them? These countries literally possess Trillions of Dollars in wealth.

Saddam is not likely going to disarm when Israel is comparatively so close. Were there to be a global disarming of all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons then I think even Saddam would feel better about disarming.
So we get rid of our WOMD in a gesture of good faith (translate = suicide) and then ask Saddam Hussein to disarm in kind? :eek:

Quite simply he will fear disarming while the US with its arsenal of weapons exists. Remove those weapons and the size and complexity of those problems reduce.
The threat to Iraq is not one of WOMD, The USA is not planning to use WOMD on Iraq unless of course Iraq uses them first. So do we expect the USA to give up it’s conventional weapons so that Saddam Hussein can sleep at night? Thus, upon waking refreshed, Saddam can see the error of his ways, give up WOMD and live in harmony amongst the peoples of the world?

Now I know that will never happen because the US is too paranoid to disarm at all. They believe they have a right to the Nuclear weapon, almost as if it were an extension of the 2nd amendment, which is horribly out of date.
America constantly believes that it is under threat, it might well be, but were it to "make peace" with the world, that threat would subside or disappear completely.
Again you place emphasis on the USA to “make peace with the world”. In Bosnia the USA, UK and NATO were the only people with the stomach to make the peace.

Mubbers

If only things where the way they are showed on CNN.
The truth is that the Israeli Palestinian conflict cant be resolved by any "simple" means, a wall wont help for nothing but making the Palestinian population more poor, hungry, angry, crammed and pissed at the world and especially Israel. which will byte everyone in the ass once again (especially Israel).
The war against Iraq Is based upon some weird ideology and need to tell people how to live (pardon me for asking , but is forced democracy really a democracy?!) and its just a big bundle to asure interests (why the **** did something go boom at 3 am, going to find out, post the rest later)

oh , its just ****ing kids playing with fireworks (**** Purim).
anyway, i was saying something...
oh yea, the whole ****ing Iraq thinger...
war is bad!

I told you he was MOSSAD, talk about sneaky he wangled out of me on msnm what I was gonna post and then lay in wait.

I've a good mind to change my post....

eh eh eh .

Yes true - entirely wishful thinking re. wall but I'm sure with the wealth available in the middle east more could be done to improve the Palestininan position.

Mubbers

Originally posted by Geffy
and no other country has done that, the US has done it, theres an island near the UK that we poisoned and it has been dead for decades

Ok, and how many people were on that island?

Originally posted by Maveric169
Ok, and how many people were on that island?

Gruniard Island?

I believe that's where we're offering Saddam exile :D

Mubbers

Resolution 1441 and all the preceding resolutions that have been placed upon Iraq to ensure its disarmament have failed.

The french government has derailed any attempt at a second resolution be stating at the outset that it would veto any such move. This has not prevented war all it did was halt any dialogue tha

<tap>

<tap>

hey what happened?

<tap>

<tap>

hey let go of me helpppp!
:eek:

/me drags away a screaming Mubbers.

thats all i have to say about I-raq

mmmhhh eeemmmmmemm mmwwwwwww

echhh ehhhccchhhh - I cannnnnn't breath....

get your helmets and buckle up, it's gonna get nasty.
I guess we'll soon see the capabilites of Iraq.

Originally posted by Mubbers
My solution (which I thought of long before they did!) is to build an f'in big wall between Palestine and Israel but no access either way. Big zone either side so no rockets can go over, either way.
Hadrian did that to the scots, it didnt need to be as tall though as they only had spears, there is rivalry now, but not so much of the hostility, well until the 6 Nations Rugby starts

imo its all down to religion.

its funny how jews and christians can make a FAIRLY democratic society... while muslims can't... i.e. iraq, afghanistan. its as if they have nothing to aim for or work on within their own countires that they blame the west for everything. what about when things go wrong in the west.. who does the west blame... The North - i dont think so. they look at their wrong doings and mistakes and hopefully correct them. we dont have highly corrupted leaders selling our food for weapons (well sort of :)), then letting terrorist groups incubate within our borders.

and it annoys me when people from these countries come over to ours seeking asylum (bringing over their problems and taking from our countries resources) that i think why the **** dont you go home and sort out your own country. these countries have the potential to be the richest in the world (take england for example WTF do we exploit ****ALL yet we got the 3rd biggest economy in the world) sierra leone has **** loads of diamonds, iraq has oil. but none of theyre leaders can manage to organise a piss up in a brewery

my 2 cents:cool:

Originally posted by XP Abuser

its funny how jews and christians can make a FAIRLY democratic society... while muslims can't... i.e. iraq, afghanistan. its as if they have nothing to aim for or work on within their own countires that they blame the west for everything. what about when things go wrong in the west.. who does the west blame... The North - i dont think so. they look at their wrong doings and mistakes and hopefully correct them. we dont have highly corrupted leaders selling our food for weapons (well sort of :)), then letting terrorist groups incubate within our borders.

and it annoys me when people from these countries come over to ours seeking asylum (bringing over their problems and taking from our countries resources) that i think why the **** dont you go home and sort out your own country. these countries have the potential to be the richest in the world (take england for example WTF do we exploit ****ALL yet we got the 3rd biggest economy in the world) sierra leone has **** loads of diamonds, iraq has oil. but none of theyre leaders can manage to organise a piss up in a brewery

pure flamebait...

Originally posted by XP Abuser

I could go fishing in hell with that... moths to a flame I tell ya

Theres certain streets round here you can't go in to cause the asylum seekers do nothing but fight between themselves....2 were stabbed last month and one was set on fire last week.
:huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back