War on Iraq

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well the biggest things to me is this.
Saddam has used WOMD on his own people as well as rivial factions (the kurds) when there really was no need to use them, it was simply for the sake of using them (basically an excuse to test them) which says to me thathe has no moral problems using at any time against anyone. If he was willing to use WOMD against people that were of no real threat to him, what would he against the U.S. who is a real threat to him?
and no other country has done that, the US has done it, theres an island near the UK that we poisoned and it has been dead for decades

Originally posted by Mubbers
Geffy instead of slagging off the US and others for trying to do something about some of the evil in this world why not tell us about all the evil nutters you have mentioned, like China and Israel. Tell us also about some of the others who you choose to ignore like Iraq, Palestine, North Korea, Burma and Zimbabwe.

Tell us what should be done about them.

Or, seeing as you are so intent against action in Iraq tell me why you think Saddam Hussein should remain in power. Tell me how you think the Iraqi people, the Middle East and the rest of the world will be better off with Saddam Hussein still at the helm.

Please.

Mubbers
China is starving and killing millions of people within its boarders yet on an international scale nothing appears to be being done about it.
Israel just as at fault as Palestine as neither will honour any of the treaties that have signed. They are both constantly at each others throats and it seems that they will be for a very long time. Prime Minister Rabin was probably the best hope for peace in that region, yet he was killed by another Israeli. As long as members on both sides do not want peace there will be none.
North Korea, I currently do not know a vast amount regarding the situation surrounding the Koreas, the same goes for Burma.
Zimbabwe is also violating many human rights laws, and currently nothing is being done about that, most likely because the current focus is on Iraq.
Iraq, yes I agree that something should be done, but in my opinion war should never be an option. If for example Israel were punished for their failures and violations (this duality is one of the highest causes for hostility towards America in the Arab nations) then the US would likely get more support and compliance from those nations.
Saddam is not likely going to disarm when Israel is comparatively so close. Were there to be a global disarming of all nuclear, chemical and biological weapons then I think even Saddam would feel better about disarming.
Quite simply he will fear disarming while the US with its arsenal of weapons exists. Remove those weapons and the size and complexity of those problems reduce.

Now I know that will never happen because the US is too paranoid to disarm at all. They believe they have a right to the Nuclear weapon, almost as if it were an extension of the 2nd amendment, which is horribly out of date.
America constantly believes that it is under threat, it might well be, but were it to "make peace" with the world, that threat would subside or disappear completely.

saddam has turned down an ultimatum <----- he'll enjoy war 100ft under the ground. ****ing fool

Originally posted by XP Abuser
saddam has turned down an ultimatum <----- he'll enjoy war 100ft under the ground. ****ing fool

he's not going to lose 100 billion dollars (and more likely)

he's a meglomaniac... he will probably die while in power.. his choice... but we... the tax payers are going to be footing the friggin bill for years to come :mad:

na he'll be down his bunker ****tin it. while he gets misguided fools to try and attack us. which wont be a wise choice.

i heard that 20,000 of saddams troops are so scared by the leaflets theyve been dropping in iraq. that they've surrendered already. dont know if thats morale boosting **** or its really true:D

Originally posted by XP Abuser
na he'll be down his bunker ****tin it. while he gets misguided fools to try and attack us. which wont be a wise choice.

i heard that 20,000 of saddams troops are so scared by the leaflets theyve been dropping in iraq. that they've surrendered already. dont know if thats morale boosting **** or its really true:D
Some Iraqi troops tried to surrender to some UK troops.

Originally posted by Geffy
Israel just as at fault as Palestine as neither will honour any of the treaties that have signed. They are both constantly at each others throats and it seems that they will be for a very long time. Prime Minister Rabin was probably the best hope for peace in that region, yet he was killed by another Israeli. As long as members on both sides do not want peace there will be none.

We are "in each other's throat" becuase they won't stop suicide bombing us. I live in Israel and I still think Sharon is a coward, he doesnt do anything about the suicide bombing and he wont until someone from his family gets hurt.

A couple of things....

The U.S. Constitution prohibits a pro-active war.
If you go by the evidence against Iraq that has
been presented thus far, guess what GW just declared?
This means that the 49% of Americans who didn't vote
for him, and probably some that did and have since changed
their minds, can move to impeach him.

I believe that anyone who is 100% for this war
is extremely shortsighted. I look to the future and
I am very afraid. Even the best case scenario for the
U.S. (we get Saddam and all his brothers, find WOMD, and
the Iraq people cheer in the streets), pales in comparison
to the damage we will have inflicted on our political
standing in the world, our economy, and the amount
of new terrorist threats and attacks we will have to endure.

We can recover from individual terrorist attacks, but
destroy a country's economy and you bring it to it's
knees. If you think our current recession is bad... just wait.

We need to rebuild OUR nation, not destroy
and rebuild someone else’s. We need to keep our allies
close to defeat terrorism, not alienate them!

That's a good point.

In America and Britain - if we don't agree with our elected leaders we vote them out.

Both our countries have a choice, in about 2/3 years, to get rid of GW & TB and vote in someone new.

Unlike Iraq where of course they have no choice.

On a lighter note, do your bit for peace by clicking here!

Pretzels for peace

Mubbers

P.S. Don't credit me with above link, It was sent to me by MOSSAD agent I know. :p

I'm 100% in favour for the removal of Saddam Hussein. As in how it's done, War I'm not, but we all know what that ******* is like. Then again, maybe we shouldn't do anything to him, leave him be, let him keep throwing the inspectors crumbs forever, then one day we or our children will regret that he wasn't removed earlier.

Sadam will probably send one of his doubles in excile (fooling the whole world once again)! Anyway, I want to see some of those MOABs in action! I want to see some of my tax dollars at work once and for all!

P.S. The MOAB should of been included in the latest 1.6 release of America's Army.:D

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Sadam will probably send one of his doubles in excile (fooling the whole world once again)! Anyway, I want to see some of those MOABs in action! I want to see some of my tax dollars at work once and for all!

P.S. The MOAB should of been included in the latest 1.6 release of America's Army.:D

the MOAB was tested barely 2 weeks ago.. I can;t see it being used straight away in a war that is likely to not even be a war... so one-sided are the strengths...

There are always 2 sides to a story, think of the 2 different view points.

Now, i did post a huge long article i had written about this war, but it got deleted all over the place, so i am not posting it here.

Anyways, try looking at it from another perspective.

Originally posted by X-Istence
There are always 2 sides to a story, think of the 2 different view points.

Now, i did post a huge long article i had written about this war, but it got deleted all over the place, so i am not posting it here.

Anyways, try looking at it from another perspective.

no... I don't believe you...

:(

LIAR !!!

only 1 side to the story...

Originally posted by Mubbers
That's a good point.

In America and Britain - if we don't agree with our elected leaders we vote them out.

Both our countries have a choice, in about 2/3 years, to get rid of GW & TB and vote in someone new.

Unlike Iraq where of course they have no choice.

On a lighter note, do your bit for peace by clicking here!

Pretzels for peace

Mubbers

P.S. Don't credit me with above link, It was sent to me by MOSSAD agent I know. :p
reminds me of the "Pound your trout" thing that Nick M found a while back

Originally posted by Sazar
no... I don't believe you...

:(

LIAR !!!

only 1 side to the story...
Its true theres two sides, but the 2nd side is harder to read as you gots to read the book backwards, which confuses the hell out of me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back