UT 2004 demo today?

Wicked Kewl game... so when are we all going to practice?? :D

Now that was kewl! Assault was fun... even more so with Onslaught. :D
*goes off to run ppl over*

Yeah, I would love to try it out online. Bu ti will need to practice first.

Fenris said:
My whole net connection goes down.
that is very odd ... I've never heard of such a thing ...

/me goes to investigate ...

* Edit * - ok I found several posts of this same kinda thing around ... here is one from a FAQ site ...
Q: My internet shuts off when downloading. What can I do?
A: If its still off unplug your cable modem (or whatever you have) for about 10 seconds (which raises the question how are you reading this without your internet connection... oh well). Then plug it back in - it will reset. Some ISPs don't like really high traffic and/or use on lots of ports which is may be why it is shutting off. A work around for this problem is to limit the number of ports open to Bit Torrent (maybe 6881-6884).
also some ppl have suggested lower the number of "peers" you try and connect to .. so if your connected to 100 when this happens try 50 as your either flooding yourself or your isp is cutting you off it looks like :(

mine crashes as soon as i click join game to play on the net =\

sorted it out, firewall thing...

Xie said:
that is very odd ... I've never heard of such a thing ...

/me goes to investigate ...

* Edit * - ok I found several posts of this same kinda thing around ... here is one from a FAQ site ...

also some ppl have suggested lower the number of "peers" you try and connect to .. so if your connected to 100 when this happens try 50 as your either flooding yourself or your isp is cutting you off it looks like :(

Thanks for the help Xie ill try that out :)

I've won the last 15 Onslaught rounds :). Last round ended up with 109 points :p

how did you get it to stop crashing?

nevermind i don't know what i did but its working fine now...... :)

i was playing online today and i noticed something which i thought was amazing (i'm obviously easily impressed) when you're driving the hellbender, the license plate changes to your name...i'm sorry but i thought that was amazing!

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 110
so when is someone going to start a server so we can play against each other??

can't access master sever anymore.......anyone else getting this???

[*update* - it started working agian once i went into settings and changed my net settings to something else, applied it, then changed it back to what it is supposed to be.]

Yup, its a good game alright.. Even more importantly, Assult is back, which was my favourite in UT..

It seems like this time round they have got the right balance between Deathmatch (standard deathmatch modes) and Teamplay (Assult and Onslaught)

Particularly nice is the fact you have to be careful when flying vehicles if someone has a rocket launcher around.. the "Missile locked on" warning is nice though.

Also nice is the turrets guarding the node points :D

if anyone cares me and a few friends play almost nightly, just stop by #ut2k4pug @ efnet.. anytime and see what is going down or setup your own with people in there. I am working on getting my network admin for college to open the port so i can host a priv server :D but the UT engine is so sweet anyone with a decent connection can host and no one gets laggggg

This is going to be a great game! I'm loving the cars!!!! I just tryed it out on the internet, very cool!

wow i love this game... there is so little lag, the mic support is built right in and automatically binded to a key(f)... and it plays like a wet dream. btw onslaught rules, but i LOVE bombing run.

cant wait for the real deal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back