[US politics] Appeals court denies parents' request to rehear Schiavo case

Status
Not open for further replies.
melon said:
Actually, no he's not. He has a girlfriend and children with her. He is still legally married to Terri Shiavo.

Frankly, in any other instance, I would think he's scum for cheating on his spouse. In this instance, she's been essentially dead for 15 years. Maybe he still loves his wife, but all the love in the world isn't going to bring her back. But I certainly can't speak for him. I just think that those who automatically paint him as "scum" are probably just listening to the biased ramblings of her parents, who don't seem all that sane, honestly.

Melon
I heard that he's had girlfriends (thats more then 1) since before the court case in which he testified he wanted the $ to pay to bring Terri home so he could take care of her. Seems like he has a conflict of interest for a long while. Interesting that though he was dating and all that he wouldn't divorce his wife and also won't let her family have any say in her care.

Also on your last part, put yourself in her parents position. You believe he at least vurbally abused her have at least a part in her bulemia. You are also upset that he's been seeing other woman since shortly after your daughter being hospitalized, while pronouncing his love for her and pledging to bring her and home take care of her. Would any of that make, or make you seem, kinda crazy?

perris said:
I don't think he's scum for moving on with his life.

and I suppose it does make a differance if he's not legally married.

however he is socially married by virtue of his other family.

"Socially married" (i.e., "common-law marriage") has been indirectly voided by most states that have anti-gay "Defense of Marriage Acts." As such, Florida could have pursued a "bigamy" charge on the basis of the "common-law" definition had it not been so quick to be homophobic.

Melon

Xie said:
Also on your last part, put yourself in her parents position. You believe he at least vurbally abused her have at least a part in her bulemia. You are also upset that he's been seeing other woman since shortly after your daughter being hospitalized, while pronouncing his love for her and pledging to bring her and home take care of her. Would any of that make, or make you seem, kinda crazy?

I sympathize with everyone all around, including her parents. I know exactly why they are doing what they are doing. I just consistently disagree with their reasoning, and I think that the past 15 years and the limbo that Terri has been left in has made them completely mentally insane. Of course, what's the only institution where it is socially acceptable to be "insane"? Religion.

Melon

At last.

Now can we close this thread :)

she lived as long as anyone gave her a chance to live...it seems to me her parents were right, that she struggled for life to go on.

my sympathy to the parents in their loss

Yes, God bless her and her family.
I dont think we have heard the last of it.

<cue>the media blitz</cue>

RIP and I am sorry to have had to watch the way that happened ( more so for her parents that is )

peace

yeah i heard the news at lunch. such a horrible thing too ugh. some guy at work was telling me when u go days without water ur mouth becomes so dry (obviously) but it becomes unbearably painful and feels like a sore.

I think the husband having the security keep the parents from seeing their daughter in her final momments is very cold hearted. It goes to show he cares nothing for her anymore and is mearly "cleaning up" so that he can carry on with his gf/kids.

If no one else objects, I am going to go ahead and close this thread since Terri has passed and the matter is over for all intents and purposes.

Thank you all for your discussions and thoughtful debate and the effort and energy many brought to their coherent arguments and points.

:)

Sazar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back