Upcoming Movies

Not sure how the new War of the Worlds will compare to the "original" (OK, the original was really a radio broadcast...) I've seen the movie that was out there on video sometime ago...

That's the best trailer yet for that movie. Gotta see that one. :D

Went to the movies last night... Anyhow, some might remember the TV series Bewitched... They're making a movie off of it apperently. From the trailer looks like it might be funny...

Trailer

Sorry about the small image size. Found a better one on another site, except that their site seemed to have probs and it kept stopping to allow for further buffering of the clip...

There was no question in my mind about going to see Bewitched when I saw that Will Ferrell is in it! :D

Drove 50 miles yesterday to one of the only theaters showing Miyazaki's new movie, Howl's Moving Castle. It was even better than Spirited Away. (You can check it out at http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film.php?2809)

Until I found out that was opening, I had plans to see Mr. & Mrs. Smith, which is probably what I'll see next.

What I want to know is: WHEN IS XMEN 3 COMING OUT???????
(Love that Wolverine! YOW!)

As to X-Men 3, there doesn't seem to be a date posted somewhere...

Anyhow, went to the movies tonight. And speaking of previews, wonder if Night Watch is going to be any good...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/night_watch/large.html

During the previews, it just gave 2005 for a release (well in the US actually)...

BTW, half forgot the name comming home (yeah I had about 4 hours sleep last night...), so searched online. A little further info

http://www.bbcworld.com/content/talkingmovies_archive_33_2004.asp?pageid=665&co_pageid=4

Director/Screenwriter: Timur Bekmambetov
Starring: Konstantin Khabensky, Vladimir Menshov
Russia Release date: July 2004
UK / US Release date: TBC

Russian cinema has come a long way since Eisenstein’s 1920’s classic 'Battleship Potemkin'. Now it seems it’s copying Hollywood and meeting with triumph. A new Russian film called 'Night Watch', the most successful movie in the history of post-Soviet Russia, is outperforming some big Hollywood blockbusters across the country. With a huge promotional campaign and a simultaneous release all over the country, the first weekend brought in more than 3 million movie-goers, returning to its creators much more than had been expected.

Anatoly Maksimov, TV producer: "Probably for the first time in history since the Soviet period, a domestic movie has really significantly contributed to the theatres in this country."

In fact Russia has never had a film that topped the $2 million barrier. With total ticket sales for 'Night Watch' estimated to exceed $12 million, the film is performing far better than Hollywood epics like 'Troy' and 'The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King'.

In its first few weeks on the big screen people were queuing to see 'Night Watch'. Today there are no queues, but the box office is still sold out even for the morning shows. The movie theatres can now only regret having to take the first Russian blockbuster off their screens to make way for more Hollywood movies.

The hit is based on a Russian science-fiction book about the eternal combat of the good (or light) and evil (or dark) forces. But as often happens, the film is quite different from the book.

The first two parts of the trilogy - 'Night Watch' and 'Day Watch' - are set in present day Moscow and boast unprecendented special effects. That's what the filmmakers are most proud of - the computer graphics. With only $4 million spent on production, some claim the movie looks at least six times more expensive. And all the production, except the sound, was done in Russia!

Last edited:
Going to see a couple today. yay! not been for an age

joyojoy said:
What I want to know is: WHEN IS XMEN 3 COMING OUT???????
(Love that Wolverine! YOW!)

;)

Last edited:
Sweet, May 26' 2006! Loving the poster. :)

Last edited:
~bk said:
Sweet, May 26' 2005! Loving the poster. :)

Errrrrrrr... 2006
whistle.gif

I've read a lot of ****ed up **** about the film thus far, but i shall keep an open mind until I see it. Or at least a trailer

The poster is wicked. I haven't seen X-Men 2 btw. :nervous:

hsn said:
The poster is wicked. I haven't seen X-Men 2 btw. :nervous:

Then there is no point for you to get excited about X-Men 3. :p

X2 rocked, and I've never been into any comic style movies or characters. Looking forward to X3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back