Upcoming Movies

mfarley said:
X2 rocked, and I've never been into any comic style movies or characters. Looking forward to X3.

Same here. I never read the comic books, and I'm sure that hollywood took so many of their usual "liberties" with the story that I don't want to mess up the story in my head.

Of course, after seeing X1 & X2, I had to see the Jackman in Van Helsing, and really enjoyed that, too (and it had good "babe quotient" as well, for all you guys out there). I've heard that the Van Helsing movie was really way off base from the original graphic novels as well. Hey, so what?... it had Hugh Jackman!

I believe historically in Hollywood Van Helsing was portrayed as an aged man. So yes, way off base there but still a visually appealing movie none the less. Course my view of Jackman was tainted by seeing a few photos of him on Broadway, but then again diversity I guess.

So I was on apple's trailer website, just downloading some random trailers, or those that I thought had an interesting name. I came across Red Eye, gave it a click, saw it was directed by Wes Craven (Of Scream fame) and figured it could be an ok, somewhat enjoyable movie.....

get here: http://images.apple.com/movies/dreamworks/red_eye/red_eye_m480.mov

Spoiler put in only to have people read after watching the trailer; contains very, very general plot.

...Fast-Forward to watching the trailer: begins with the sappy romance stuff and I'm think 'what on earth is this?!?' and then the dude's eye turns red and i just started cracking up laughing ^_^ I don't know why i found it so funny but it just was.

I went and read a bit about the movie and it's actually a straight thriller about a woman who gets told she has to kill someone on the plane or her father will be killed :p There is absolutely no supernatural content whatsoever! Red Eye merely refers to the cheapest and/or first/last flight of the day (ie. the red eye special). For some crazy reason the people who made the trailer thought it would be cool to give the dude a red eye.

In summary, if the guy did actually have a red eye I might have seen this movie, but as he doesn't I think i'll probably give it a miss. Probably watch it on DVD one night.

EDIT: My Serenity post seemed to get missed on the page changeover so i'll link to it here: http://www.osnn.net/forum/showpost.php?p=598771&postcount=60

Last edited:
Hsn said:

I didn't even know they were making that, but then again I don't really follow new releases until they kick me in the face :)

I'll have to check that out when this place is a little slower

So Tom Hanks is going to play the lead... Not bad... I had pictured Mel Gibson for the role, but Tom Hanks will work.

Oh man, I am very tempted to look at the Da Vinci Code trailer...must resist.

Grandmaster said:
Oh man, I am very tempted to look at the Da Vinci Code trailer...must resist.
Oh come on...you've already read the book.
The trailer doesn't really give anything away that you don't already know. :p

Sazar said:
A few decent ones.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/v_for_vendetta/trailer/large.html

Looks good, especially considering the body of work that Hugo Weaving has undertaken previously.

Looks interesting from what I was able to see. Albeit the download stalled about mid-way and hitting reload did nothing. It must be cached somewhere that using a different browser won't resort in a reload however...

Son Goku said:
Looks interesting from what I was able to see. Albeit the download stalled about mid-way and hitting reload did nothing. It must be cached somewhere that using a different browser won't resort in a reload however...

same here

matrix trilogy, huh? let's hope it's more like I than II or III

Hmm, and here I thought the problem might have been that my Internet connection is being stressed by torrent downloads. Guess the link might be posing problems. I got about half of the trailer downloaded before it stalled.

Let me see if I can pull it up again

OK, from the Warner Bros page

http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/trailer.html

Sazar's trailer, is trailer 2 on this page... I went in standard, and then the largest available. Trying to get closer to the URL however, poses a common link rather then a distinct one for the various pages...

Some interesting movies coming next year! yay

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back