The Multi-Core/Multi-Processor Club

Re: Dual Core Processor Club

Cool that 4800 sounds like a beast, the one downside is you have to change your sweet sig :lick:

4800 = Sexy CPU

Enjoy the new hardware and you better get folding!! :D

When winter rolls around and the temps drop I will get back into it, my room just gets so hot as it is I dont like to do it during the summer months.

sindustrial777 said:
Cool that 4800 sounds like a beast, the one downside is you have to change your sweet sig :lick:

Hehe, yeah I do need to change it... speaking of which I hope I can still find the source for it. :-\ It might be time for a change anyways.

Newegg now has the E6600 and E6700 listed. Both are out of stock/auto-notify.

E6600 = $419.00 (supposed to be $316.00 according to MSRP sheets from Intel).

E6700 = $699.00 (supposed to be $530.00 according to MSRP sheets from Intel).

Last edited:

It's cheaper elsewhere on the net.

For some reason, Newegg is gouging a coupla the new procs.

:(

I ordered the E6700 today. I should have it in my hands next week.

Awesome! Congrats on the purchase, let us know how it goes :)

I hate you and your free stuff. Not fair!

I starded an upgrade last week and got an AMD 64 X2 4600 AM2. Stepping up from my Athlon XP 2000. But still waiting for my new video card to arrive so I'm using an old Voodoo3 2000 temporaraly. Now I need to see about installing some software on it.
Matt

hello,i'm new here.

i have a 4.4ghz pentium D 930.:laugh:

I finally joined the club :)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700.

It's a noticable step up from the athlon 64 3500+

Welcome to the club. The E6700 is the best processor I have ever used.

Guess I'm a member now, too :p :D

Count me in. Just got a Tablet PC last weekend in Redmond with a Core Duo T2400. ;)
Add my desktop to the list now too.
Sold my 4000+ Clawhammer and got a dual-core Opteron 165 in its place. Currently running at 2.6GHz, and ready to push higher! :D

Still loving my X2 4200+

And I, my x2 4600.
I will one day make a 4 processor opeteron pc.

*drools*

heh I just need to buy a core 2 quadro and I have a 4 processor PC in a single socket :p probably spring for the new nvidia stuff first though as those will give me the biggest gains.

I guess I'm an honarary member now. They upgraded my PC at work to Dual Core 3.4G Pentium D. I am rather amased at how fast secondary applications slp up on the screen even when multitasking. The 2 gig of ram doesn hurt And the on board vidoe was a pleasant performance surpise. This must be a Vista ready machine. Load time off of disk is surprisingly faster. I'm going to have to study everything on this machine and see where it got it's edge from.

Considering it's not that far from my home machine AMD64 XP2800 w/1 GB RAM, but with an x800xl vid card, it is much more responsive. Exact same hard drive, same OS and Office suite.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back