Hurray for cookies!

Re: Dual Core Processor Club

A dual core cookie nonetheless.

I need dual core, somethings just weren't meant to be :(

How about a club for us cool people with the Pentium D processors :D

Derek, I thought you bought all new hardware?

Derek doesn't want to talk about it, and I'm avoiding that thread on purpose :eek:

aww.. they've removed this thread from sticky. lol :p
I'm a late joiner... however, i couldn't resist getting my hands on a new laptop so i got 1 a few weeks ago, now i've just purchased an X2 4200+ to replace my 3700+ on desktop. tee hee :)

Guess I'm in too..... One QX6700 and one E6700.

Nice David.

Will have to setup a Quad-core thread just for you :)

How's the QX working out for you. I am really tempted to grab me a 6600 quad with the price drops but... we shall have to see.

Nice David.

quote]

Think the thread should just be named "Multi-core" since I guess others will have an 8-core system by the time you actually do start the new thread. :D

Nice David.

How's the QX working out for you. I am really tempted to grab me a 6600 quad with the price drops but... we shall have to see.

Haven't had time to do a lot with it yet. Just got everything together Friday afternoon and started 12 hour night shifts Friday night. I have only one day off this week (today) and next week (Monday) so it will be a couple of weeks before I get time to really try it out.

I can say one thing about it though - it runs HOT. A lot hotter than the E6700 it replaced (I swapped around some stuff. Sold an E6600, moved E6700 to the computer the 6600 was in and bought the QX6700 to fill the slot the E6700 had been in). At stock speeds the E6700 never sees 50°C while running World Community Grid while the QX6700 gets up to 60°C. I have Zalman 9700's on both of them.

Cheapest I've seen the Q6600 so far is at ClubIT: $547.50 including shipping. http://www.clubit.com/search.cfm?keyword=q6600&cat=all

Last edited:

Nice David.

quote]

Think the thread should just be named "Multi-core" since I guess others will have an 8-core system by the time you actually do start the new thread. :D

We'll start a new thread for that soon I think :cool:

Now I'm in.

Just built a new systems with a new AMD 3600+ Brisbane X2. Overclocked to 2.85 right now, think the PSU is keeping me from 3GHz!

It amazes me that people are buying athlon x2's.

The one I'm forced to use here at work is so appalingy slow at everything I do its tantamount to torture compared to an E6700.

Still I'm waiting on people to start stocking the Q6700 now the qx6800 is around :D

It feels to me that this AMD build is just as snappy as my C2D 6300 at work. Not to mention that the cpu only $65 and running on a $70 mobo.

I can see that draw if you have a budget to work to but these HP boxes are ludicrously slow compared to my C2D. The first thing we did when we got them was format them and reinstall clean xp.

I can see that draw if you have a budget to work to but these HP boxes are ludicrously slow compared to my C2D. The first thing we did when we got them was format them and reinstall clean xp.

Doesn't HP use Intel-only CPUs in their systems? Anyhow, yeah, I find the HP systems slow as a snail at work... And I hate P4's. lol :p

Athlon X2's are very good CPU's , nothing wrong with them at all .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back