Reputation Button

I like your idea speedy but like have something like a report a bad post or somethin and u review it. So a mod looks at the post and then gives the negative. If someone with a high power could easily hurt someone pretty bad so there should be a set number to take off or something.

Electronic Punk said:
Negative will be re-enabled. ;)
hopefully
That didn't work very well the last time it was enabled.
smile.gif

I can see members giving out negative rep just to be funny.

NetRyder said:
That didn't work very well the last time it was enabled.
smile.gif
That's why I asked if it could be moderated. I think if we ignore whiners then it can work quite well with negative enabled. :p :D

I was talking the negative reputation over with someone from OSNN a bit today - as a result I formed the opinion it needs a whole section in the forum guidelines.... then like speedy says that has to be "enforced" or "regulated" by the mods - could mean more work for them though...

I don't like the idea of negative rep.

people will stay away from controversy, and there really has to be controversy...this is what gives this board personality.

It wouldn't be added if I wasn't going to be happy with it.
As such there are no modifications to the reputation hack at the moment that I have any interest in, so they will stay the same for the time being.

why not have a something like the report post thing? but with reps.

Because it doesn't exist and I am not willing to do it :)

Electronic Punk said:
No groovy replacements yet then?
Uber-resurrection! :D
I was bored. I was taking a break from coding a CS project. So here's a replacement set.

(I know you can't report your own posts, but this is just for illustration)
I have all the little buttons saved at their correct sizes in the GIF format like the current ones.
Let me know if you want 'em, EP. :)

btw just wondering what is the rep button a wad of cut paper?

themafia.69 said:
btw just wondering what is the rep button a wad of cut paper?
The current one is a pair of weighing scales.
The one I posted above is a gold star.

NetRyder said:
The current one is a pair of weighing scales.
The one I posted above is a gold star.
lol its a weighing scale? now i see it, i thought it was a wad of papers! :laugh:

themafia.69 said:
lol its a weighing scale? now i see it, i thought it was a wad of papers! :laugh:

All this time, you thought it was a wad of paper? Ha!

themafia.69 said:

LOL and now you've pout it in my head I see a wad of paper! Teh point here is it should change.....

and hey Ryder, could you run through the "triangle !" and the "mini OSNN" in your illustration too - I am presuming they are for "report bad post" and "online"? At last stetement of intent by EP we had negative rep coming back also - this will need an icon too - (in your case mebbe a dark star?) - if you go back far enough in thred (did I start it?!) then for me I would make it a thumbs down.....

Personally I am guessing we will have the whole discussion again and then it will be left as is - somehow that si what happened before..... then again EP has broadbeans now - so we will just have to see....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back