Reputation Button

Change? People dont like change! So why are you all asking for it? I think its kinda nice. I vote for the "leave it alone" group

Thanks guys. Yeah, I figured a gold star would attract more attention than a barely recognizable (apparently) pair of weighing scales. :p

Mainframeguy said:
and hey Ryder, could you run through the "triangle !" and the "mini OSNN" in your illustration too - I am presuming they are for "report bad post" and "online"? At last stetement of intent by EP we had negative rep coming back also - this will need an icon too - (in your case mebbe a dark star?) - if you go back far enough in thred (did I start it?!) then for me I would make it a thumbs down.....
From left to right, the first button awards rep points, the second reports a post and the third one (visible only to mods, I believe) shows the IP address and hostname of the member.

I personally think re-enabling negative reps is a bad idea...it causes people to get quite whiny when they receive negative points. :D But if EP wants to do it at some point, I can always come up with another replacement icon for just that.

Personally I am guessing we will have the whole discussion again and then it will be left as is - somehow that si what happened before..... then again EP has broadbeans now - so we will just have to see....
Well, from what I could see, nobody actually posted an icon set last time. If EP likes the set this time, all he has to do is drop the new ones in place of the old ones and it's done. As I said earlier, the size and format of the new images is the same as the old ones. I'll attach a zip file with the images if/when he gives me the go-ahead signal. :)

NetRyder said:
I personally think re-enabling negative reps is a bad idea...it causes people to get quite whiny when they receive negative points. :D

Yeah, the only way I can see negative reps working out is if those are screened by mods or admins. If negative points were submitted then the case would have to be reviewed and a decision made based at the mod's discretion. Kind of a "checks and balances" thing. This would create more (probably unwanted) work for the team, but that's the only way I see it working to prevent constant whining.

ShepsCrook said:
I like the gold star one.

Yup...me too.

As for bringing back negative reputation, I dunno. It almost asks to be abused (after all, I think I was one of the few people who got it last time and for no reason, as far as I know :p ). What I expect is that people will start getting "negative" happy the minute they see questions they don't like or are perceived as "stupid"; and will likely disproportionately affect newbies.

I mean, right now, do we really see posts that deserve negative reputation? I'd certainly be interested in an example.

Melon

The people that come into a thread and saw well i think u should go to amd instead. AMD OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those kind of people should get negative.

I like the one with the thing, you know. with the whatsit. The shapped one. That was cool

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back