Remember the free systemworks 2003

Systemworks....blah! It's crap. Overpriced, overrated and underproductive. I wouldn't even steal a copy of sysworks.

I use Diskkeeper Pro for my defrag needs and NAV2003 for my AV needs. There was nothing else really that useful included in sysworks that isn't available for free (legally) on the net.

Got mine today. Knew what it was before i opened it, normally things from the net come to my house adressed to "SPeedY_B" but this had the big gehy yellow symantec logo on it too :p

1.jpg

Excuse the poor quality, I dont have a scanner, only a camera, so the image needed sharpening etc to make it readable.

Ah well, only wanted it because it was Free
icon10.gif

got my letter of rejection today... oh well it was worth a shot. from the sound of the letter it looks like all the ppl who applied for the free copy must had freaked them out... hehe :D

Okay, I got mad and made time - what do you think of this?? I have made copies of their letter of rejection and also the e-mail to send along- is this too weak, too strong, or any suggestions would be welcomed.

Damnyank
My Home

Dear Sir, December 31, 2002

Enclosed please find a copy of the e-mail I received from PartnerUS@symantec.com on Thursday Oct 17, 2002 stating I would receive my free NFR copy of NSW Professional 2003 within a few weeks!

Enclosed is also a copy of the undated letter I received on December 30, 2002, from Symantec stating that Symantec would be unable to fulfill my request, since the request was redirected without Symantec’s permission. Be that as it may, I feel insulted by your referral to a site to download a 15 day free trail of NAV 2003, NAV 2003 Pro or Norton Personal Firewall 2003.

I am a member of NTFS.org (formerly XP-erience.org) which as of this writing has 24,312 registered members and in excess of 218, 500 posts. Now that may seem like no big deal to you, however, Symantec could not spend enough advertising money to obtain all the kudos that has been bestowed upon the Symantec/Norton products by members of this forum. If you have any doubts just go to www.NTFS.org and do a search for NSW 2003, NAV 2002/2003, What’s the best firewall, or any of about umpteen hundred questions about installing, reinstalling, problems with, etc any of Symantec/Norton programs. Our members for the most part tell it like it is and most of us rave about NAV and tell the truth about the rest of NWS - which by the way - you should heed! (Needs some refinement).

I think this whole thing about the NFR NSW 2003 Professional is unfortunate - both for us - who were hoping to get something for free and for you, who had the link “passed on” without your permission - we have both lost. Us - our “free software” - You - our trust!

I personally feel a much better offer from you would have been a years’ extension of Virus definitions subscriptions to your loyal followers - rather than just a 15 day trail of NAV 2003, NAV 2003 Pro or Norton Personal Firewall!

I (we) are eagerly awaiting your response.

Sincerely,

Bruce R. Youse

BTW - I would love the name of the CEO at Symanetc to address it to!

Your comments are welcomed and encouraged and I will take all into consideration! The bottom line I guess is for the best for the most of us!

Please respond!

quite a friggin letter, damnyank...I was planning on writing something similar, but I never kept my conformation, as I was sure the whole thing from the beginning was not authentic

well well done.

everyone who still has their conformation should use this letter as a template, change a few things, and send it off to this rediculous company

NE1 have any recommended changes??

I will hold off until tomorrow so "both sides " of the world can reply!;)

Where can I find the CEO of Symantec's name???

<edit> Love my Goggle - John W. Thompson is the CEO of Symantec>

Oh hello John - have I got a deal for U!!!!;)

ok dy, here's my suggestion;

I would suggest that the conformation that you hold is a contract, and conformation of acceptance of the contract.

in addition, you can demonstrate the free publicity this company recieved, due first to the promotion, and next due to the conformation.

and that this act of ill will is as well a breach of contract...possibly subject to a class action

If and when I get my letter I am going to call that damn number on the letter and raise holy hell with them. Not because I really want the damn thing but to make them be true to their frickin word. :D

But I'm gonna have to go straight to the head customer support supervisor(s) for it to even have a remote chance of working.:cool:

I wonder how long they'll keep me on hold???:p

Dealer - I hear you and I know I asked for input - but not too sure about the "breach of contract" approach. In my many dealings in the past - especially trying to get the most out of volunteers (you know those you can't fire for not doing their jobs - got to be nice to them but can't operate without them, etc). I like your idea of free publicity due to promotion and confirmation.

Come on Perris - oh great writer of words - give me some suggested sentences etc!;)

Originally posted by dealer
ok dy, here's my suggestion;

I would suggest that the conformation that you hold is a contract, and conformation of acceptance of the contract.

in addition, you can demonstrate the free publicity this company recieved, due first to the promotion, and next due to the conformation.

and that this act of ill will is as well a breach of contract...possibly subject to a class action

Sooooooo, you suggesting we all get together and sue them???
Hmmmmmm, and since we as a whole are this Forum (NTFS) and serious presence on the "net" it might scare the bejiibus outta them.:p :p

Originally posted by gonaads
I wonder how long they'll keep me on hold???:p

Why not mention the name John W. Thompson to them - it's their CEO!:D

What the he11 is a bejiibus ???

dang I put in for it as well, however, it wasn't like I was going to use it anyway, consider Norton's stuff including their antivirus to be lame in the extreme. all bloated junk in my opinion, free stuff out on the net works better, includign the free antivruses.

IMHO

carry on

cool.gif

Thanks Ice - appreciate your input - even if you don't care for Symantec/Norton - it's your fellow NTFS compadres who are being screw ----sorry, can't saw that here!

Thanx for the "carry on"!;)

confused about how you got screwed.

How much did you pay again ???????

cool.gif

Originally posted by damnyank
Why not mention the name John W. Thompson to them - it's their CEO!:D

What the he11 is a bejiibus ???

Be (short e sound) Jii (long e sound) Bus (should have been a Z) :D

O.K.... Scare the HELL out of them... happy? :p

Ice - not in the mood for an arguement - if it says free - that means nothing, nil, zero - if they don't deliver, ya got screw----!:eek:

Originally posted by Iceman
confused about how you got screwed.

How much did you pay again ???????

cool.gif

Well if "Time is Money", then the time to fill out the form, submit it and so forth... Hmmmm... they still owe us.

Not including "mental anguish" for getting our hope up and the the feeling of the rejection... We'll be scared for life. ;) :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back