Post New Nvidia Drivers In Here >>

Yes Gonzo I did and they worked fine for me so did the 44.71 that is out there, all files can be found in the driver section of

http://www.guru3d.com/

Right now I am in a benchmarking craze some fool in the forums at 3dguru said something about my machine being slow after I made a joke in a post about guys spending 500$ on vid cards using 60$ cpu's well he took it wrong and get a little smart arsed so I had to show him that I might be a muppet Kermit_the_Frog over at 3d guru but in 3dmark2001se when we compare exact cpu/cpu gpu/gpu like in boxing pound for pound that the frog is a heavy weight contender sitting a mere 105 points from the top ten in 11th place overall in the 2.253ghz Ti4200 class LOLOL

It all started here if ya wanna have a look

http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54296&perpage=10&pagenumber=36

Then I said ok time for the frog to step it up a notch I never really cared much for 3dmark2001se Iused it to get a basic overall idea but I would also take into consideration my game play, the overall look and feel of drivers ...now I felt that I should just spend a little time giving this a push and I was in 13th postion and moved up to 11th overall now in the 2.253Ghz class Ti4200

Of course the list is when you choose one result from each user and exact cpu speeds same vid card I know there are faster and better but I just needed to show that muppets can kick ass

Oh btw I got into the 13k class on Omega's 43.45's
:p

The 44.71 has a modified .ini if you like to mess with drivers

I found the 44.67 very good , the 44.90 and 44.71 about the same there is a flood of drivers atm and this makes me think that we will be seeing a new set on Nvidia's home page very soon

i cant get the 44.90 working. The Zip file doesnt contain a workin .exe file? :confused: whats up with it? Ive noticed some of the file names contained in the zip file are shortened, is this the problem?

Alex :cool:

Install from the device manager you know how ?

You go to add remove uninstall your old drivers .... reboot when you get back if wondows wants to install a set let it to that, but dont reboot when prompted , then go to the device manager and find your card , right click and update driver , but you choose the driver and browse to the folder 44.09 and go from there when it says not signed say yeah yeah and continue :)

Thank you Kermit dude.. but i think will just for the official release now considering after you put

"the 44.90 and 44.71 about the same there is a flood of drivers atm and this makes me think that we will be seeing a new set on Nvidia's home page very soon"

which i just spotted.. so wont be long now and im happy enough with the 44.67's for now.. that should keep me going for a little while :p

Thanx once again Kermit :cool:

Hey no problem dude I found the 44.67's very nice

I am in a benchmarking craze right now I am breaking in this new rig of mine its been 3 weeks so now I am cranking it up a few notches starting to really feel the dual channel pc3200 400mhz ram she is now at 196FSB , 2.159Ghz , and a wicked fast 392.56 mhz on the ram ;)

nice one Kermit.. thats a nice machine you got there :)

You'll have to keep us informed on your results of the benchmarks :)

Thanks dude and I will

when I got this rig I was at 12,902 and if look in my sig you can see I kinnda gave that a heave-ho but I was stuck on 13 x mulitplier :0(

Too bad this board dont unlock the X's for ya so I had to result to the wire trick and that gave me my 12.5 X and below ,

I had cranked it up to 13 x 182 but I could not get the true feel for the ram at 182 FSB and it was getting a little rough

So I dropped her down in the multies and now I am cranking the FSB ... I will have to re-set my vid card and its like starting at zero , I need to find her sweet spots everytime I change the set-up . :D

But hey you can bet I am gonna be bragging about it soon enough :eek:

I am thinking about switching the motherboard this is a very nice board but its a little to resricted for me , I am used to really fudgeing around I miss my EPOX that baby I was able to do what I liked ... we will see I am sure my kid wont mind getting this board LOL

:cool:

Originally posted by themafia_69
hey kermit how come when i install new drivers for my graphics card, i always have the thingy that bugs u about non certified drivers off so it doesnt bug me, but it still comes up, even on certified drivers sometimes

when you gp to your hardware tab after right click on my computer you see a tab for driver signing , if you look in there the options on how your rig handles non signed drivers is there :cool:

New 45.20

New 45.20 at http://download.guru3d.com/

they are beta and dont have the exe installer, but I tried them and these drivers seem fine, for me anyways , they seem geared towards the IQ more than the performance if I go by what's being said in some other forums, my first impressions are that these seem to be good, they are smooth and they give a very good IQ in games. I will play a few games and post back tommorow with info :)

Nuh Uh...I installed the so-called new drivers and when I checked I found out that they were at least 2 years old!! Something like 22.93. So be warned!

I dont know where you got yours but mine are fine and run very nice, they look fantastic I wont break any records in 3dmark with them but they are on par for speed , but very good looking in games, so I will stay with them for now because I like to see the beauty in the games sometimes as well, when I finish setting this rig up , I am stress testing at 200 FSB right now , I will go back to a fast set and do a few 3dmark runs just to set my bar a little higher.

:)

Kermit,

Got the drivers from guru3d.com. Its possible that somehow they didnt install properly. I'll go back to the old ones i was using before. Are the 45.20's geared towards the new GeForce Cards? Im using an older G3 Ti200 so maybe they'res the problem.

I think its safe to say all the det 4's are geared towards the newer cards but that dont mean you cant find a set that will improve certain games for you, The best thing is to read the forums, and test the drivers, Me I do it bacause I like to play with the drivers and tweak my puter, The fastest set for me has been the Omega 43.54, I just added another 300 points to my 3dmark2001se tonight and again I did that with the Omega's , the second best for me has been 44.03. Now for best looking 45.20 and 44.67 have been the best looking drivers and still offer good speed. I am in the process of reaching for the sweet spot on my new MOBO and am now in the 200 FSB range and rock solid. Its always a lot of work to test and stress at each new level always looking for the right amount of voltage at a certain FSB and different Clocks but thats why I buy AMD , just so easy to play with. So just try different sets see how they go but I would not expect any major improvements and that even for my own Ti4200 I think from this point on the drivers will be geared towards the newer FX line of cards :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back