Post New Nvidia Drivers In Here >>

Well after testing every driver out with my ti4200 64mb over the past year i just gave up and kept using the latest nvidia driver in the end.......but today after reading good things about Omega drivers and Gf4`s i thought what the hell and downloaded the Omega 43.45 (cannot think why i have not tried the driver before).

I tested Omega 43.45 performance against 43.51/44.03/45.23 +45.24 Official nvidia drivers... using codecreatures/Vulpine and 3d mark and to my surprise on codecreatures and vulpine it rocked giving me a min of 4fps and a max of 11fps improvement against ALL the drivers above, the 43.51 held itself against it in 3dmark2001 but again the omega driver romped home.

So i am off testing the omega 43.45 in the real world against my games bf1942/tribes 2/mohaa & spearhead if it screws up i will post back but at the moment its a keeper.

My last post i was going to try out the 45.24 driver but in the most recent testing it did not show correct textures and the water scenes looked like a toxic waste dump.

Finally a good link to a whole host of nvidia drivers and tools can be found Here by clicking me

43.45 are the drivers I run on 3 differant cards and 3 differant machines. Works great!

Yes I have to say the omega's were the drivers that out performed all others for me too , I now use the latest nvidia released set and like them, they work great and look great, but for all around performance the omega is king.

:)

yeh the latest release is working best for me in games, im still getting a bad issue in BF1942 DC mod, but hey its up to .39 in beta, so i cant expect better for free :)

On my Gf4ti 4200 64mb the 45`s have a massive performance hit on most my games...not just benchmarking...i get judder in BF1942 only when using the 45`s !...all other drivers the game runs fine.

I would rather run the 44.03 drivers rather than any 45 set as they perform much better when playing my games.

Anybody want new OMEGA's I like them tons

http://www.omegacorner.com/index_nvidia.html

The new set is 1.4523's quality mode for me is real nice.

don't care about speed so much these day's on this rig everything is fast enough, I don't get to play as much, and I enjoy seeing the depth and beauty in my games.

Yes from what I had seen they were not ready to go and I was not gonna try them, will wait to see a real set or at least a set that most people find to be a good working set before trying them, not expecting anything major for my card, nvidia will be working on the FX line and that is normal, I cant complain with 13,000 + for $120 and that was monthes ago I am very happy with my card for now. I am watching the cards will buy a new one when I see something that is worth my hard earned cash.

Hmmm? Running the official 45.23 but I might have to try the Omega. Anyone else having sluggishness running Halo. I have FX5200. I thought I'd wait for the next official release but If I can see a difference with the Omega 43.45 I'll try it.

Holly Hell it took me forever to find this post. I thought someone was toying with me and changed my name to Tony Bony or Bony Tony I guess it is. Sorry Tony. that was an honest mistake but after I back paged to see if it was TB or BT It was to good to delete. Becides I like being bass ackwards.
These drivers installed fine I guess this version is suppost to shut us up while we wait a little while longer for the 50's. There is some shader improvement. Havent really run any benches yet but all and all I would say there worth the download.
(like your gonna sit there and say "I'll pass on these and wait for the next release) Happy benching.
By the way. NVidia is the best name in computing. I love NVidia. Soon they will release either a card or a bomb set of 50's thats so damn good It will be capable of dropping a nuke right on the roof of ATI's head office. Have faith.

Originally posted by Driver 7
Soon they will release either a card or a bomb set of 50's thats so damn good It will be capable of dropping a nuke right on the roof of ATI's head office. Have faith.

that remains to be seen :)

nv40... I hope your marchitecture is as good as the reports suggest...

Originally posted by Sazar
that remains to be seen :)

nv40... I hope your marchitecture is as good as the reports suggest...

It sure as hell does not. Are you saying that NVidia has not once been on top. Because there was a long period when there was absoutly nothing better than an NVidia Graphics card. Theve done it before and they can do it again. They damn near have. The 5900 is a damn good card. I have blown alot of 9800's away.
When the new gen of drivers are perfected and released the performance is gonna jump even more and then we will see who will be sitting on top.
Then watch the bandwagon.
I Like ATI aswell. Good competition creates a better product. And thanks to ATI's great job in graphics hardware. The Nvidia Corp has had to work even harder. Which means the next series of GPU's are gonna rock.

It sure as hell does not. Are you saying that NVidia has not once been on top. Because there was a long period when there was absoutly nothing better than an NVidia Graphics card. Theve done it before and they can do it again. They damn near have. The 5900 is a damn good card. I have blown alot of 9800's away.
When the new gen of drivers are perfected and released the performance is gonna jump even more and then we will see who will be sitting on top.
Then watch the bandwagon.
I Like ATI aswell. Good competition creates a better product. And thanks to ATI's great job in graphics hardware. The Nvidia Corp has had to work even harder. Which means the next series of GPU's are gonna rock.

:)

you fail to realise that nvidia/ati are both doing shader optimizations to suit their hardware...

the problem is in raw dx9 situations the nv3x architecture does not allow for rendering of effects @ a fast enough frame-rate to be usable in most situations... heck nvidia's latest drivers are not even allowing full trilinear... we are going back to the stone ages of gfx processors :)

tbh... nvidia has to acknowledge that they have made errors before they will improve... there is a major difference in acknowledging there is a problem and fixing it v/s thinking the whole world is out to get em and refusing to acknowledge the problems... perhaps if the engineers did the work instead of the PR people things would be different :)

I dont fail 2 realise that man. I dont give a ****. Cuz weather they are doing optomizations or not my game play's hella fast. And I play it in 1280x1024. I do not leg 1 little bit.
I am happy with my graphics. That's what it comes down to. I am also very happy that my current video card does not support all the crazy new **** that all the new games have cuz none of em have been released yet. But you can bet the next card I buy, Probally 3-4 months from now, (NVidia of course) Will support everything. And if it's short a trilinear or something that I cant see even when it's there. I still wont give a ****.
On a lighter note. I ordered THIS last week. Anyone have this or used one. I think there fairly new. It's the only complete waterblock for the 5900 that I could find.
And check THIS out.

I wish I ordered that last week.

I dont fail 2 realise that man. I dont give a ****. Cuz weather they are doing optomizations or not my game play's hella fast. And I play it in 1280x1024. I do not leg 1 little bit.
I am happy with my graphics. That's what it comes down to. I am also very happy that my current video card does not support all the crazy new **** that all the new games have cuz none of em have been released yet. But you can bet the next card I buy, Probally 3-4 months from now, (NVidia of course) Will support everything. And if it's short a trilinear or something that I cant see even when it's there. I still wont give a ****.
On a lighter note. I ordered THIS last week. Anyone have this or used one. I think there fairly new. It's the only complete waterblock for the 5900 that I could find.
And check THIS out.

I wish I ordered that last week.

frankly speaking... I don't care what you like or don't like :)

from a consumer standpoint it is very hard to recommend something that does not do what it is supposed to do especially with people spending hundreds of dollars on it... and therein lies an issue...

as for bilinear/trilinear... you can actually see it... :) its the banding you see when running in various scenes with lots of mipmaps... noticeable mainly in fps's...

dx9 games have been released... and benched... tomb raider : AOD for example makes extensive use of ps 2.0...

This used to be a calm happy thread, where we could exchange our views on the latest drivers, we dont need another flame war Driver 7, you like Nvidia good for you, so do I, but the topic of this thread is Post new Nvidia Drivers here

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back