Playstation 3 Pre-Orders

They play ZERO part in any crime that occurs as a result of not being able to meet the demand

That is your opinion and your entitled to it , you also need to learn that your opinion is just that its an opinion and its yours, not the worlds.

As mine is mine and I am entitled to it also.

The kid should of not robbed some other kid for his ps3, if he just didnt do that then he wouldnt gotten shot in the head. Sony did it right, thats how you make money and make sure all your systems are off the shelfs. Its all marketing and they do the research before they ship them out to the stores.

No its not they are not making money they are going into debt for the next 2 years with the PS3 maybe as long as 5 years they are saying , and each game will need to sell at least 500,000 copies before it makes a dime profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I have to say on this is:

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

That is your opinion and your entitled to it , you also need to learn that your opinion is just that its an opinion and its yours, not the worlds.

As mine is mine and I am entitled to it also.
First off, although i agree with you alot Shamus...
You are completely wrong...
Why is Sony at any fault.
What if you made a paper clip, you only made 100 million of them, only half of america can get it. But all of america wants it.
Should you loose tons of money, and possibly his bankruptcy because you dont want to release only half?
If someone is killed because of this paper clip being in such high demand, you should definately go to jail, right?
That is what you are saying, correct?

For that matter, you could do that with anything.
I want the Aston Martin, but i cant afford, it, I think ill kill someone for it.
Oops, Aston Martin shouldn't sell it. Right?

Also, this is not the Wii thread.
Posts with Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
in them are not valid.
Frankly we dont care if you believe the wii is the solution to the ps3 problems.
If you think spending 250 dollars on basically a last generation system with a wiimote, go right ahead.
Tell us about it in the wii thread.
not in the ps3 thread.
this thread is really for prospective buyers, not for trashers....

Oh my God. A post from Vanquished that I actually like :p

I know, I know
they are rare, but when they come, they are good :)

First off, although i agree with you alot Shamus...
You are completely wrong...
Why is Sony at any fault.
What if you made a paper clip, you only made 100 million of them, only half of america can get it. But all of america wants it.
Should you loose tons of money, and possibly his bankruptcy because you dont want to release only half?
If someone is killed because of this paper clip being in such high demand, you should definately go to jail, right?
That is what you are saying, correct?

For that matter, you could do that with anything.
I want the Aston Martin, but i cant afford, it, I think ill kill someone for it.

Oops, Aston Martin shouldn't sell it. Right?

Also, this is not the Wii thread.
Posts with Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
in them are not valid.
Frankly we dont care if you believe the wii is the solution to the ps3 problems.
If you think spending 250 dollars on basically a last generation system with a wiimote, go right ahead.
Tell us about it in the wii thread.
not in the ps3 thread.
this thread is really for prospective buyers, not for trashers....

Hey why not attack AZ he posted with Wiiiiiii and I responded to him oh wait a sec you wont do that he would tell you to take a flying leap ... so take a flying leap from me instead :lick:

And again opinions are like *******s we all have one and yours is valid for you period .

And Sony is loosing tons of money and will for years to come ... so your point is not valid they are not turning a profit.. never said Wii was the answer to the PS3 problems ..never said PS3 was a problem either , just that Sony rushed to get to market had all kinds of troubles and are far from out of the woods with their PS3.

But thats my opinion learn to respect opinions instead of just being a fan boy ... and I see your trashing in the Wii threads but I did not get all bent over that did I?

Your over reacting to me is out of place .

Hahaha,
I find this so funny that they have to have "Common Sense Warnings" on there Video Games :) <<<<<<<<<<< a little quote from our friend in a Wii thread

Dont see why you think I was trashing the PS3 just that I dont think Sony was ready to hit the market they needed to get out now because the xbox 360 and the Wii are eating away at the Lion's share .... thats all

Last edited:
Sony could have waited a few more weeks and released around Christmas when they had more units instead of releasing when they did then allotting stores so many per week. Part of Sony's strategy to profit with PS3 is Blu-ray taking off but that may not happen. Who knows how this Blu-ray vs HD DVD is going to turn out but consumers may stay away in fear they buy into a technology that will not be supported.

Anyone remember VHS vs Betamax and how that turned out?

Sony could have waited a few more weeks and released around Christmas when they had more units instead of releasing when they did then allotting stores so many per week. Part of Sony's strategy to profit with PS3 is Blu-ray taking off but that may not happen. Who knows how this Blu-ray vs HD DVD is going to turn out but consumers may stay away in fear they buy into a technology that will not be supported.

Anyone remember VHS vs Betamax and how that turned out?

This is exactly why I think that HD DVD is going to win. It may be technically inferior (VHS was as well), but people like to be able to pick and choose the components they buy.

Hey why not attack AZ he posted with Wiiiiiii and I responded to him oh wait a sec you wont do that he would tell you to take a flying leap ... so take a flying leap from me instead :lick:

And again opinions are like *******s we all have one and yours is valid for you period .

And Sony is loosing tons of money and will for years to come ... so your point is not valid they are not turning a profit.. never said Wii was the answer to the PS3 problems ..never said PS3 was a problem either , just that Sony rushed to get to market had all kinds of troubles and are far from out of the woods with their PS3.

But thats my opinion learn to respect opinions instead of just being a fan boy ... and I see your trashing in the Wii threads but I did not get all bent over that did I?

Your over reacting to me is out of place .

Hahaha,
I find this so funny that they have to have "Common Sense Warnings" on there Video Games :) <<<<<<<<<<< a little quote from our friend in a Wii thread

Dont see why you think I was trashing the PS3 just that I dont think Sony was ready to hit the market they needed to get out now because the xbox 360 and the Wii are eating away at the Lion's share .... thats all
Was that wii trashing?
I dont think i ever said anything bad against the wii....
That was a general statement, referring to how stupid people are...
And, show of hands, who thinks sony would have lost more money if they hadnt released the ps3 at all, rather then what they did?

Me!

I agree with Van. Its not sonys fault that someone got shot because people want ps3's so bad. And i wouldnt call that trashing...just a statement that is true.

Sometimes I can't believe the mentality of some people. It's about time they learned that you can't always have what you want.
I went the shop for a bag of crisps but there was none left. Should I have shot Walkers the company who make them, the owner of the shop or the person who bought the last bag? :speechless:

Oh my God. A post from Vanquished that I actually like :p
He actually made an excellent point didn't he? :laugh:

And where am I trashing the PS3?

I made a statment about the release date ... and you said I was saying the Wii is the answer to all Sony's problems so where was it I said that ?

And where am I trashing the PS3?

I made a statment about the release date ... and you said I was saying the Wii is the answer to all Sony's problems so where was it I said that ?
You didnt...
You did however say this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Zombie
All I have to say on this is:

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii rocks no doubt !!!!!!!!!!!

-End Post-

Which Zombie was saying the wii is the answer, and you were agreeing.
Neither were helpful posts at all...

Maybe you got that impression I have to say it is wrong , all I did was agree the Wii rocks and that in its self is a true statment

As for the PS3 I am sure its going to end up in my home just not right now I dont want to get shot or robbed when I go to buy one :nervous:

Same here.
I won't buy it until i can pay the real price for it.
And i will also get a wii, but i still feel that a post like:

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

serves no purpose whatsoever.

If you want to know what I meant by something I posted then ask me. All you did was make an assumption which was wrong. They have a word for people who do that but I am not gonna say it here.

Just got back from EB games, they had a 20gb and a 60gb for sale...Im shocked that nobody had bought them. If anybody is looking for one let me know. :D

Its not that shocking not everyone wants to spend $1000 for a console and an extra controller + a game .

Yet everyone wants to make a profit, right? Look at the size and view count of this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back