OSNN Adverts

Another way to solve this is to get a browser with a pop blocker. I find that the new version of Maxthon very good :)

We don't have popups.
Speedy: can you get any more info on that ad?

What info do you need? I can get the link for the frame, but due to it being randomly generated, the link will lead to another ad..

Where the link leads (ie the referral link) or the location where the image is stored.

Tis flash, not an image. Will get all the info I can next time I'm attacked by it :D

Yeah, in both IE and Firefox you can view the page info, so I imagine Safari has a similar feature.

Don't think it does actually *suggests to Apple*

Using FireFox at the moment anyway :)

OSNN.net site ads denied = port scan

Hello I'm experiencing ports scans from OSNN site ads - if I don't allow ads to connect. What is this about? Thanks.

53420.jpg

this is what happens when I deny it

53425.jpg

Consequently, my firewall blocks all when it senses an attack. (more than one port scanned)

12:23:32 AM Port scanned 209.123.205.211 TCP (4125, 4123, 4122, 4121, 4120, 4119)

10/5/2004 10:07:17 PM Port scanned 69.93.243.146 TCP (3017, 3011, 3019, 3014, 3010, 3015)
10/5/2004 9:53:46 PM Port scanned 69.93.243.146 TCP (2351, 2359, 2363, 2354, 2362, 2372)

No idea, so I will get that ad removed from rotation.
Tho anyone else getting it?

I had this happen last week said 11 ports being probed, so I blocked them.

I never mentioned this, I will now, I found two entries in my registry whilst doing a search and they had reference to osnn.net, never bothered asking what they were about.

I found the log, here it is:

Details:Attempted Intrusion "MSSQL_Null_Packet_DoS" against your machine was detected and blocked
Intruder: www.electronicpunk.com(69.93.243.146)(http(80))
Risk Level: Low
Protocol: TCP
Attacked IP: 172.189.34.191.
Attacked Port: ms-sql-s(1433)
:mad:

lynchknot said:
Hello I'm experiencing ports scans from OSNN site ads - if I don't allow ads to connect. What is this about? Thanks.

53420.jpg

this is what happens when I deny it

53425.jpg

Consequently, my firewall blocks all when it senses an attack. (more than one port scanned)

i.dslr.net is dslreports.com's images server. Nothing to do with us :)

The top and bottom images are not related unless its the ads on dslreports.com that are generating this prompt?

Continue to block it as you do, our ad provider whoever they are now are not all too good from a privacy point of view but judging by the size of punks wallet very good for a money point of view :p

[killa_bunny] said:
which firewall software are you using?

Thats Outpost 2.1

You can import a flash file into Flash MX or Swishmax then see where all the links in the file go to.

hey Ep still talking ads dint kinow if you fixed it or not but this was a new one sorry didnt get a link.

if i see it again post screeny.

I didn't mention anything before but one of the last few times I was here I had something try to scan my ports with a trojan.

Praise the lord for over-sensitive firewall software. *does the happy dance*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back