384 SD Ram PC133
Abit Siluro Geforce 3 TI200 128DDR
XP Home

Core Clock/Mem Clock -- 3D Mark Result

175/400 - 4230
200/460 - 4458
215/480 - 4545

I leave mine on 200/460 so get 4458

Just to clarify- there is some extra features unlocked through the pro version. The only extra test that the pro version performs is an image quality test which is for comparitive purposes only and does not increase or decrease your score. The thing that I love personally is that the pro version actually lets you play and control the car which is present in the first test. It isn't terribly exciting but it can be fun once and a while to go out and blowup some helicopters....

Patrick

madonion.com

There is 3DMark2001SE and PCMark2002.... You have the two mixed together.

Download and run. Then post your scores

My score was 2426

P4 1.6 GhZ
256 mg RAM
GeForce 2 MX
20 GB Hardrive

The image does not contain his system specs, only his score and gfx card info.

My score is right at 1906 or something. I know it's because of the bias with 3dmark against voodoo cards though. I haven't come across a game yet that didn't look and play great on my voodoo 5 pci.

If I had a AGP slot I would get something else but I don't think there is a better PCI card out there. In real world scenarios...

Originally posted by catch23
Yes Intel has the fastest CPU available...but it's been proven 8 times (1500+,1600+,1700+....2200+) that AthlonXP processors outperform the competitive Pentium 4s...AMD doesn't have a CPU out to compete with the 2.3ghz - 2.533ghz Pentium 4s because they're working on the Clawhammer....but you KNOW, if they did have an AthlonXP 2400+...it would outperform that 2.533ghz chip.

I dont think you understand that AMD's chip's can't really go any faster, the cpu's architecture is at it's limits, yes maybe the clawhammer will be better, but intel's fastest cpu's are better than amd's right now.

that radeon 9500 thing looks photoshopped... can't imagine things with those kind of figures...

remember that any card that is coming out needs optimized drivers to perform... everyone is saying that the r300 is going to compete VERY well with the g4 4600... therefore there is scant chance for it to outperform the 4600 by THAT kind of margin... even with a crudload of RAM and a cpu o/c'd to the max I can't see that kind of performance occuring anywhere.. and I am basing my judgement on the fact that I have seen the scores of some amazing systems...

so either this guy has something running a GPU with 256 meg on board DDR at over 600 mhz AND a cpu running over 3 gig oc'd AND has overclocked DDR/RDRAM I can't see a score that high...

therefore hello photoshop or some other imaging software...

untill AMD does something about not only its die size but also its cache... it is not going to be able to do much... the hammer unfortunately EVEN though it produces less heat... the small die size means there is still a fair amount of heat for surface area therefore DON'T go near it with anything but a copper heatsink..

I like the performance/value that you get with the xp series and the fact that they are innovating... INTEL is far more into marketing at this stage... trying to sell the idea that the more clockspeed the better...

would you rather have a car with mucho horsepower and middling torque OR a car with middling horsepower but mucho torque... the wise go with the latter...

personally I Think its a matter of preference what you choose and it is all up to the user... if you have the money and want the extra cycles AND the extra cache size go with intel... if you want to save a little money than go with the AMD solution... simple as that...

and you can read that in any number of posts all around the site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back