old Futuremark 3DMark2001 SE Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the smart lad on the previous page who said intel does not need watercooling coz it is cooler than amd :) I say bollocks...

anytime you start overclocking extreme like taking a p4 to 2.9-3 gig range... you need to cool it...

the reason people look to water cooling solutions are because it is the BEST way to cool and most effective... sure you can have monster heatsinks... that is not the only solution though... run special heatsinks with pipes channeling water through em on the HDD/CPU/GPU and see what happens to your core temperature :)

it does not matter if you are using intel/amd coz when overclocking you are stressing your CPU more than it was intended to be... therefore you HAVE to take measures to keep temps down else yer gonna have fried chips for dinner... :D

my two cents...

Originally posted by sazar99
for the smart lad on the previous page who said intel does not need watercooling coz it is cooler than amd :) I say bollocks...

anytime you start overclocking extreme like taking a p4 to 2.9-3 gig range... you need to cool it...

the reason people look to water cooling solutions are because it is the BEST way to cool and most effective... sure you can have monster heatsinks... that is not the only solution though... run special heatsinks with pipes channeling water through em on the HDD/CPU/GPU and see what happens to your core temperature :)

it does not matter if you are using intel/amd coz when overclocking you are stressing your CPU more than it was intended to be... therefore you HAVE to take measures to keep temps down else yer gonna have fried chips for dinner... :D

my two cents...

I understand but what I am saying is you will need watercooling for and amd long before you will need it for an intel at the same MH overclock.

And Im not a "lad"

I just burn out a geforce 3 ti 200 because of overclocking (I think) and what comes down to the base of this is that overclocking in an ego thing, and in turn so are our scores. One of my drivers at work Radeon 8500 whooped the pants off of my ti 200 but my geforce 4 ti 4200 put my scores almost 3000 points above his, fact of the matter is high scores just inflate our egos :)

Damn those new 2980 drivers rock

My 3d2001SE score jumped from 10312 to 10720

Nice... and all I did was drink a beer.. wonder what would happen with tequila.

Originally posted by silenslupus
I just burn out a geforce 3 ti 200 because of overclocking (I think) and what comes down to the base of this is that overclocking in an ego thing, and in turn so are our scores. One of my drivers at work Radeon 8500 whooped the pants off of my ti 200 but my geforce 4 ti 4200 put my scores almost 3000 points above his, fact of the matter is high scores just inflate our egos :)
Isn't that the point? I mean really now, isn't it?

YESSSS, my geforce 4 4600 just arrived

Will post benchmarks when I get home

/me wants to break the 13k barrier!

MY SCORE!!

Hey guys, my specs are :

Athlon XP 1700+
256MB DDR PC2100
MSI KT333 ULTRA
MSI GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB DDR (29.42 drivers)
30gig Maxtor 7200 RPM UDMA 5
30gig Quantum 7200 RPM UDMA 4
Creative Labs Soundblaster Live! Value
Plextorwriter 16/10/40
Matshita 50x CD-ROM

Well my problem is that my score is only 8642 (default settings), i wanna know if that sounds right or not, and if i can get it to push a little more without overclocking it, i use Geforce tweak utilities and try to fool around with that but the highest i got was 8850, now i cant get it back to those scores, dont know why, maybe it could be the new VIA 4 in 1's.... btw which VIA drivers are best for performance/stability??? also which NVIDIA drivers would be best for my video card? Thanks in advance,

RaZoR

ps.... reason i am concerned is because i have seen other peeps with same specs/drivers and they are getting 9000+ even upto 10000+

seems ok to me maybe they have o/c there card to get them scores?

windows xp pro
amd athlon xp 1700+
512mb pc2100 ddr
jetway 866as ultra motherboard
leadtek gf4 ti 4400 128mb ddr
40gb 5200rpm seagate hd
pioneer 16x dvd
liteon 32X12X40
realtek 10/100 family fast ethernet nic
19" lg flatron
microsoft intellimouse optical
creative soundworks digital

From this;

3dmark.jpg

to this

MSI_default_3dmk.jpg

Oh yeah! - Now to overclock!

Hopefully I will be 13k with OCage and All features open on 3Dmark2001se build 300

^^hint hint^^

sweet

Man that's sweet

My comp did that too.. cept guess what ? Cpu died on me two hours ago.. but I built a comp outta old stuff and Im back on the net.. but 1 week till I get my rma'd stuff back ugh

UniSol
Your score of 11278 says " The benchmark was NOT run using default settings "

So it means nothing! :)

Oh well time to buzz in I guess. 11523 at default. No overclocking of my Ti4600 or my PIV 2.0

Originally posted by GraveLayer
UniSol
Your score of 11278 says " The benchmark was NOT run using default settings "

So it means nothing! :)

^^meaning I need someone to give me a serial so I can use the "Pro" version, which has all the features unlocked, im missing one benchmark, I cant use it until its unlocked, that is why other people have better score.

meaning I need someone to give me a serial so I can use the "Pro" version, which has all the features unlocked, im missing one benchmark, I cant use it until its unlocked, that is why other people have better score

Either your on to something or on something. I think the later. There is no SPECIAL feature for a pro version. I've NEVER had any PRO version.

Try again.....

i can't get mine to NOT say "The benchmark was NOT run using default settings."... and the settings are all default... is it cuz i have a gf2 and can't do "pure hardware t&l"?

and unisol, the pro version will NOT give you a higher score... teh score is only based on the first three tests (car chase, dragothic, and lobby).

I had a computer scince 1998, Ok i'm embarressed to say this, How do I find out my 3Dmark 2002?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back