Mozilla Vs Internet Explorer!!

A perfect example of unhealthy marketing practices, and the use of unfair means to try and kill competition :rolleyes:

Microsoft: "Use the POS that is included although there are better alternatives, because if you don't, you're wasting resources"

this is a very good question!!!

now, you're getting close.

I would surley consider pheonix if it could read all the pages ie can read

I would never consider mozilla..it is clearly the slowest browser on the market, it is very crude in every regard...it is obviously written by lazy programmers that have no reason to step it up, and exceed compliancy...lazy is the best word I can use for them

I would never consider opera...this monster takes up about 1/3 of the screen, and there is not much you can do about it.

the speed of opera actually measures slower then ie on every website I visited...many people are fooled by an abundant amount of crazy activity going on in the taskbar, and an illusion of speed prevails...however, on any site that measures pageloading, opera fails

pheonix is the only browser that stands close to ie on speed of loading pages, and configurability of the toolbars.

plus, pheonix has the tabs that some people can use.

so, yes, if ie was not included in windows, AND IF PHEONIX EVER GOT THE HANG OF CORRECTING LAZY CODE, then I would surlely choose pheonix over ie.

however, there is still other things pheonix needs to be besides bloated unnessary code.

that being getting more sophisticated programmers that can figure out how to tell a browser that when a person puts in an empty tag, it needs to ignore the tag (duh)

so, like I said, it's a great hypothetical question.

but as it stands, ie is clearly the best browser available at any price...so far...but probably pheonix can catch up if the programmers stop their lazy attitude

Originally posted by dealer
I would surley consider pheonix if it could read all the pages ie can read

Bear in mind that Mozilla/Phoenix can display pages that IE can't as well. There are two sides to it, dealer.

I would never consider mozilla..it is clearly the slowest browser on the market, it is very crude in every regard...it is obviously written by lazy programmers that have no reason to step it up, and exceed compliancy...lazy is the best word I can use for them

Sorry. Lazy is the word you should use for those who design webpages that Mozilla/Phoenix cannot display correctly - lazy to learn HTML the way it was intended to be. :rolleyes:

If we only used apps that came with windows, we'd be screwed if we wanted to do anything more than doodle in paint and type crap into notepad.
Browsers shouldnt need to correct code. If a coder is inept they should stay the f*** away from coding, or learn more, then put it into practice.
i dont know whats wrong with your install of mozilla, but all the people using it will agree with me, its by no means a slow piece of software.

however, there is still other things pheonix needs to be besides bloated unnessary code.

All I can do is laugh at that statement.
Phoenix does not include any "bloated unneccessary code." You install the extensions that you need.

Official quote:
The great thing about extensions is that they allow Phoenix to stay small and unbloated. Anyone who requires more features can download the appropriate extension.

Originally posted by NetRyder
Sorry. Lazy is the word you should use for those who design webpages that Mozilla/Phoenix cannot display correctly - lazy to learn HTML the way it was intended to be. :rolleyes:

I do use that word for these programmers...they are lazy..we agree

no, mozilla is not displaying the lazy code of these bad programmers correctly...it is displaying the page incorrectly

mozilla is using this notion as a marketing ploy, (whicch seems to work on quite a few people), as a lame excuse for there own lazy programmers that cannot figure out how to make a browser to figure the obvious...when a page has a capitol p, it's actually a small p...when there is an empty tag, ignore it

(duh)

mozilla has taken absolute minimum tolerance, and has made believe that it is wrong to exceed minimum tolerance

when you do not exceed minimum tolerance, this is not an asset, it is a liability

I will ask this simple question again;

do you think if mozilla had the ability to correct bad code, the mozilla people would turn it off???

no, they wouldn't turn it off, they would brag about the ability

btw.

I believe there is a stict mode in ie, if you want it to run as unsophisticated as mozilla runs

The W3C validator is available free of charge for HTML coders to check and correct their code.

Once again, it's not upto the browser to correct faulty code. That cannot be taken as a valid advantage.
A browser is a browser, and just that. It's job: to DISPLAY webpages, not error-checking.

Once again, it's not upto the browser to correct faulty code. That cannot be taken as a valid advantage.
A browser is a browser, and just that. It's job: to DISPLAY webpages, not error-checking.

we agree netryder...it is not up to any product to exceed expectations.

a car is a car...doesn't need a radio, and it's not up to a manufacturer ti add a radio

or electric windows

or an air conditioner

a car is a car

but it is up to the consumer to give the company that exceeds expectations their best regard

I would not hire a company that does not want to exceed code

I would relish any company that did want to exceed code

O.K. Dealer the web is now W3C fully compliant... (imagine it for this question) What browser are you gonna use??? And remember XP is still without a browser of it's own. You have to install your own and IE still does not stay resident.

Any idea why IE still can't display PNG alpha masks correctly?
Does that make Microsoft's programmers lazy too?

See the point there?

Mozilla/Phoenix can't display certain pages that are incorrectly coded.
MSIE can't display certain pages that are even coded correctly.

Which one deserves to get bashed more?

Come on Dealer... where's that quick IE retort??? maybe you should use another browser to post yer reply. :p

Originally posted by gonaads
O.K. Dealer the web is now W3C fully compliant... (imagine it for this question) What browser are you gonna use??? And remember XP is still without a browser of it's own. You have to install your own and IE still does not stay resident.

yes, gonaads, with these prerequisits, I would definately use pheonix

I would never use mozilla...it is the slowest browser I have ever seen, AND IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH SCREEN...pheonix is very good in these regards

opera is also terrible in it's configurability, so that has no shot either

pheonix is the best choice with your parameters gonaads

netryder spoke; IE still can't display PNG alpha masks correctly?
Does that make Microsoft's programmers lazy too?

yes

See the point there?

Mozilla/Phoenix can't display certain pages that are incorrectly coded.
MSIE can't display certain pages that are even coded correctly.

Which one deserves to get bashed more?

this is a great point...however these pages are too few and far between to make weight against the pages that ie reads, and the other browsers don't

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
thats a poor argument.

I guess you didn't read all the other arguments besides it taking too much screen.

mozilla is absolutely the worst browser, hands down...slow, unforgiving, unconquerable, crude

Phoenix is best in this regard

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back