Mozilla Vs Internet Explorer!!

Wonderfully refreshing discussion ... but I really should be reviewing for my Bio finals. :p

I'll check back l8r tonight ... leave me something good ;)

Cheers!
NetRyder :cool:

Originally posted by gonaads
Who do you think created Phoenix???

as if I don't know

yes, phoenix is a good step forward and a great beta experiment for improving the very crude mozilla.

now, if the programmers of this beta program learn how to exceed minimum requirements for reading code, they will be getting somewhere

Originally posted by dealer
I guess you didn't read all the other arguments.

mozilla is the worst browser, hands down...slow, unforgiving, uncofiureable, crude

pheonix is best in this regard

Well if the web is W3C fully compliant then Mozilla being, as you so repeadedly state is unforgiving as to exact coding. Then it would be the browser that works the best since it is soooo W3C unforgiving.

Well if the web is W3C fully compliant then Mozilla being, as you so repeadedly state is unforgiving as to exact coding. Then it would be the browser that works the best since it is soooo W3C unforgiving.

compliant does not mean you go no further!!!...sheesh...why is this hard for you mozilla advocates to understand

when you are compliant, you can also exceed compliancy

and if you knew how to do it, you would

this "we don't want to exceed compliancy"is a marketing trick for lazy crude programming to try to stand on equal ground against more sophisticated philosophy

i did read them, but i cant be arsed to argue against them to be perfectly honest. (explanation further down) and i though that one was poor and a completely invalid point.
If your going to argue with statements such as it takes up too much screen space, you may aswell moan about the color, or the head coders hair style.

Personally i think this whole debate is pointless. Some other topics you may wish to discuss are
Intel V's AMD
Windows V's Linux
Windows V's Apple
Apple V's Linux
BSD V's Linux
ATI V's nVidia
Apple pie V's Cherry pie

this is why i see no point in arguing, they're all simple based upon opinion. and therefore can not be resolved.

actually, no speedyb, my benchmarks are not opinions, they are my results.

user preferance, that is opinion

it is not an opinion that any other browser will slow down your computer for the ram necessary to drive it...this everyone knows and acknowledges

it is not an opinion that ie can decipher lazy code, and these other browsers cannot...this everyone acknowledges

but you are right...this discussion is now old...

I did have fun though

kevin..I believe ie has a strict mode as well

bed time

g'night all

chrisuk
dude.. is this even a contest?? :confused:
Of course it is.
Someone out there has to like cherry over apple, and someone has to like apple over cherry.

We give this 2 people access to the net, point them at a forum, and voilla, debate. w00t.

you cant try to tell me that apple pie is on a level par with cherry pie!!!

I WONT TAKE IT DAMMIT!!

ApplePIE4LIFE

That's actually what is happening. If you remove the DOCTYPE, in Mozilla

kevin..let me know how to do this, I will experiment with pheonix again

PAH! CHERRY ROOOOOOOLZ!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!111111

Dealer, just try this at the very top of a page. <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
Most people dont know about doctype, so its no on most pages.
And i can actually backup what kev is saying, as i was playing around with doctypes earlier today.

And Dealer, Mozilla is not the type of Browser that if it takes a crap it takes the OS into the crapper with it. If I remember correctly IE did this. Now with XP I don't know since I don't like using IE except for checking the web pages I edit. But that would be a deffenit sticking point with me. Oh the browser to a sh!t... reboot. Oh the browser had a melt down... damn reformat and reinstall OS.

APPLE PIE WITH KOOL WHIP!!!

Cherry pie only on a date... :p

And Dealer, Mozilla is not the type of Browser that if it takes a crap it takes the OS into the crapper with it. If I remember correctly IE did this. Now with XP I don't know since I don't like using IE except for checking the web pages I edit. But that would be a deffenit sticking point with me. Oh the browser to a sh!t... reboot. Oh the browser had a melt down... damn reformat and reinstall OS.

well, if this were happeing to me, I would surely use another browser as well.

this is a very good point to those people having stability issues due to ie and I agree those people should not even cinsuder using ie

it doesn't happen to me, ie is very smoothe

im all for cherry pie
it rocks

and im an avid IE user, cos im far to lazy to change but mozilla seems quicker, has more features, seem's less noncy, and doesnt invent its own code
kthx

yahhaa, more cherry fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all know cherry is the don :D

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
yahhaa, more cherry fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You all know cherry is the don :D

Yeah but after you have Cherry :eek: ya know it just becomes apple... :p yumm yumm :cool:

apple pie is the standard, like it or not. same with IE. now i'm not saying that standards cant be changed, because that is pure ignorance to even start to think that.

people have gotten used to apple pie, and now with blueberry, raspberry, backberry and poontang growing in popularity its gonna be a hard fought battle to see which pie does in fact own the rest.

for now tho, i stand my ground...

apple pie = teh win \o/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back