Mozilla Vs Internet Explorer!!

Originally posted by gonaads
Dealer get a real browser, get Mozilla. :p

sorry gonaads...of all the browsers I have tried, mozilla is clearly the slowest and most crude...a beginners effort.

now, pheonix, which is based of course on mozilla...there is a very nice browser...and if it could load pages that programmers make mistakes on, I might consider this as an altenative

sadly, even pheonix can not do what ie accomplishes so easily

and sadly again, any second party browser uses ram that does not need to be used, since ie is running regardless.

I like how fast my programs load when no other browser is running

I hate how my programs load when I have more then one browser loading

so, for me, and the speed of the internet, and the speed of my box, this is really a no brainer

but, it's what you like or are used to that in the end is the fastes utility for your individual preferance.

those of you that know and enjoy mozilla, clearly, mozilla is the best choice far and away

I suggest you give pheonix a try though, as it is mozilla for your familiarity, but it is clearly tons faster then mozilla in loading pages...almost as fast as opera and ie as a matter of fact...maybe even equal...mozilla is not even close in these regards

Personally, I prefer Mozilla. In fact, I'm using it to post right now! :)
You may prefer IE, but it depends what you've used more. I had no problem converting, (about 25 minutes) but IE may work better on some pages. That's just my opinion.

can some one post a link to the mozilla install? have been wanting to try it out for awhile now.

Make an idiot look good???

that is in fact correct, mozilla cannot make an idiot look good, ie can.

well said gonaads, thanx for making this point

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
And suck.
which can be a very good thing at times...I'm sure any male will agree with this bit of wisdom.

how you doin speedy b?

Originally posted by dealer
which can be a very good thing at times...I'm sure any male will agree with this bit of wisdom.

Dealer if you're usin IE for that... Maaaaaan, you got issues. :eek: :p

How YOU doin Dealer? :happy: :cool:

haha :D

Microsoft apps suck, proven fact :)
The only thing microsoft could make that wouldn't suck would be a hoover.

Dealer if you're usin IE for that... Maaaaaan, you got issues. :eek: :p

How YOU doin Dealer? :happy: :cool:

I definately have issues:(

I am not doon to good lately...had to take a full time job, other stuff

how u doon?

IE doesn't really suck ... it's just too basic. (and non-compliant of course :p)
It's just not even half as functional as Mozilla/Phoenix without third-party add-ons.

Originally posted by dealer
I definately have issues:(

I am not doon to good lately...had to take a full time job, other stuff

how u doon?

Not too bad... I still have a full time job. Still tryin to win the Lotto.

Soooooo, gonna be workin for a loooooong while. :p

Originally posted by NetRyder
IE doesn't really suck ... it's just too basic. (and non-compliant of course :p)
It's just not even half as functional as Mozilla/Phoenix without third-party add-ons.

sorry, this point does not hold,...any other browser is a huge...heeeuuuugeeeee add on.

much rather use the very small add ons fo whatever you think ie needs...there are opera add ons, pheonix add ons...everything, and all of these "add ons" is mucvh much smaller then any one browser "add on"

less space, uses no resourses at all...\

talk about a waste of an add on...that would be a useless, crude browsers, that cannot even make bad programming look good

(this is fun...ms is gonna send me tons of stuff for all tis free advertisement))

So what you're saying is that you use IE just because it's there and it's memory-resident always?

What if Windows didn't include IE as a mandatory component. What would you use then?

Very good question. Soooo Dealer if you had XP with no Browser what would you choose. Now remember that this is a impartial answer you need to give. And IE would not be resident at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back