Lost

Grandmaster said:
It just aired tonight, so it'll be on the torrent sites tommorow.
Splendid :D

Watched ep9 recently, can't wait for the next installment. I hate having to wait though, as I watched the first series via the DVD box-set, therefore could watch the next episode whenever I wanted... now I have to wait a week (or more :p) per episode :ermm: :D

SPeedY_B said:
Splendid :D

Watched ep9 recently, can't wait for the next installment. I hate having to wait though, as I watched the first series via the DVD box-set, therefore could watch the next episode whenever I wanted... now I have to wait a week (or more :p) per episode :ermm: :D

As pretty much everyone else has been grieving about :p It sucks so much.

k, thx for the heads up. I guess I'll grab it tomarrow then...

Up to the point of this ep, things had certainly taken an unexpected twist with season 2 and all...

Meh, the wait isn't so bad, given there are some other things one can watch also (like Stargate) which is also out of reruns, though yeah I saw all of season 1 through a massive torrent download sometime last year. The main thing for me, is holding place holders so when these shows go into a lengthy break from showing new eps, I know on what episode number to pick up again :laugh:

Electronic Punk said:
So it was a recap and an episode?

Well one of the episodes was basically like the "The Other 48 Days" episode, except they combined events on both sides as they happened. Still worth watching (if only for the Kate shower scene :p).

I kind of liked the recap even though I have seen every episode it was nice to see the entire timeline, and to see where Echo fit into everything... they are fleshing out his character nicely...

mlakrid said:
I kind of liked the recap even though I have seen every episode it was nice to see the entire timeline, and to see where Echo fit into everything... they are fleshing out his character nicely...

:eek:

You like the Echo eh?

You like the flesh of the Echo eh?

You like the character of the Echo eh?

:eek:

:smoker:

Grabbing it now, so will no more latter.

Still, if it's a recap episode, there's a whole nother group on the island that we knew nothing of until recently. Isn't a bad thing, putting the time line together, especially if people from the second group (having left the cop behind), re-joins the group we're more familiar with...

mlakrid said:
He shows we all have a human, caring side, no matter how awful we are..

Eko is the one who carried Sawyer back to their camp isn't he? Was going to wait till I got to see last nights episode in case some new revelation was made, but tied up, and have some time I have to wait to speak with some people with, to get some job references...

I'm not sure I'd say that Eko was a horrible person based on the description we've seen of him. There's obviously something in his past, and much he isn't apt to talk about. But is he an awful individual? Hmm... Not sure on that point, though I reserve the right to edit this post latter, if this weeks ep gave some rather horrific revelation...

All said however, more then a couple characters had sordid pasts, from Sayid, to Sun's husband, to Sawyer (who did start the series out acting much like an a*s), to the fugitive... As horrific as Sayid's past was, as part of the Iraqi Republican Gaurd and all, whether he's a "bad individual", at least anymore and as the series progresses is another question entirely. I'm not exactly certain what to make of Echo, as of yet, especially with his being a person of so few words...

Last night's episode was great. A friend recorded it on Tivo and a big group of us watched it later last night. We decided to skip the first hour of recap -- would you guys recommend going back and watching it anyway?

Did any of you go frame-by-frame through the scene with the smoke? There were all kinds of images in there. The old man that Echo shot, the lady outside the church with the statues, the church, Echo's brother, a crucifix ... it was crazy. I thought we were going to find out more about the smoke. Still, what they showed was really cool.

Here are the images I was talking about: http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php? -- scroll down just a bit to find them. Don't look here until you have watched the episode.

Son Goku said:
I'm not sure I'd say that Eko was a horrible person based on the description we've seen of him. There's obviously something in his past, and much he isn't apt to talk about. But is he an awful individual? Hmm... Not sure on that point, though I reserve the right to edit this post latter, if this weeks ep gave some rather horrific revelation...

You might get a bit more insight with the new episode. Maybe.

Last edited:
muzikool said:
Last night's episode was great. A friend recorded it on Tivo and a big group of us watched it later last night. We decided to skip the first hour of recap -- would you guys recommend going back and watching it anyway?

Here are the images I was talking about: http://lost.cubit.net/investigations.php? -- scroll down just a bit to find them. Don't look here until you have watched the episode.

It's Lost, so even a recap episode can be entertaining. If you want to see how everything played out on both sides of the Island in "realtime", you should watch it. Did I mention the recap of the Kate shower scene? :p

The images I didn't notice at all...this show has a lot of subtle image tricks.

I only noticed 2 or 3 of the images during my first viewing. This kind of stuff was made for people with Tivo, and for later on when they are released on DVD. Just think about how much fun the production team has with this stuff!

OK, here is my take on the smoke, "monster." This is a poaching of Michael Crichton's Prey, the scientists were working on a nanotechnology. You have a programmed nanite intelligence, that acts as a security system.

thoughts?

my thoughts are you shoulda used spoiler tags :cool:

- Sazar

Last edited by a moderator:
muzikool said:

Did any of you go frame-by-frame through the scene with the smoke? There were all kinds of images in there. The old man that Echo shot, the lady outside the church with the statues, the church, Echo's brother, a crucifix ... it was crazy. I thought we were going to find out more about the smoke. Still, what they showed was really cool.

You might get a bit more insight with the new episode. Maybe.

Maybe the next episode will be a flashback bout the smoke, or better still, the shark :eek:

I guess Kate is now with Sawyer as well, interesting that. I always thought the doc had a thing for her but, maybe he's gay?

Or, maybe he still has a thing for his wife?

Sazar said:
Maybe the next episode will be a flashback bout the smoke, or better still, the shark :eek:

I guess Kate is now with Sawyer as well, interesting that. I always thought the doc had a thing for her but, maybe he's gay?

Or, maybe he still has a thing for his wife?

They do...

It's back in ep 9, so don't think spoiler tags are necessary for this. But after Kate left the care of Sawyer, and thought she nearly lost it seeing the horse and all; she ended up having that romantic scene with the doctor prior to running off. I think she still does have the hots for Jack, though she might not want to admit it...

I'm sure that Jack and Kate both like each other, but both are reluctant to address the proverbial pink elephant. I think part of it stems from Jack's knowledge of Kate's past. That created a barrier early that's been slowly torn down -- but I think it's still left enough to prevent something from happening between them.

Now, after what Sawyer's been through, he's getting sympathy from Kate that is adding a new dimension to their relationship.

Everytime Jack, Sawyer and Kate are together you can see the conflicting emotions ... especially from Jack and Kate. The writers have done a great job of creating that tension, and the actors have done well to make it subtle but noticeable.

Except that something did happen between Kate and Jack. OK, I'm referring to the kissing scene, and then Kate being the one to run off into the woods when Jack is calling out for her to waite, after they kissed rather passionately for awhile...

Right, that did happen. It was a result of adrenaline and the underlying feelings they do have for each other.

If this were a Gilligan's Island type story then they would have been together a long time ago. :p Instead, the circumstances keep prolonging what for a while seemed inevitable. Now with the maturing relationship between Sawyer and Kate, who knows?

She'll end up with Sawyer, then break up and go to Jack. Simple. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back