Lost

I wouldn't be surprised if Jack or Sawyer were killed. That would make Kate's decision easier. Then again, I'd be pissed if either of those guys were killed.

Speaking of characters getting killed off -- what characters are left that we don't have a strong connection with yet? The writers normally kill off the characters that the audience hasn't invested a whole lot in. It's getting to where we like every character for one reason or another, so it will suck when (if) someone dies.

We haven't had the chance yet to invest much in the "tailies," but based on this week's episode that's where we're headed. So right now I'd say if someone has to be killed off, it will be one of them.

muzikool said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jack or Sawyer were killed. That would make Kate's decision easier. Then again, I'd be pissed if either of those guys were killed.

Speaking of characters getting killed off -- what characters are left that we don't have a strong connection with yet? The writers normally kill off the characters that the audience hasn't invested a whole lot in. It's getting to where we like every character for one reason or another, so it will suck when (if) someone dies.

We haven't had the chance yet to invest much in the "tailies," but based on this week's episode that's where we're headed. So right now I'd say if someone has to be killed off, it will be one of them.

I think the woman that has the psychology minor is probably next. They won't kill off Anna or Ecko, so she seems to be the next logical choice. And I seriously doubt that Jack or Sawyer will ever be killed off...at least I hope not.

That woman is a good guess. Did you notice the friendliness between her and Hurley at the end of the last episode, though? Not to be mean, but it's hard to believe he would get a romantic interest in the show. :laugh: I wonder if that's something that will be built on, or if it was just another way to show unity between the two groups.

muzikool said:
That woman is a good guess. Did you notice the friendliness between her and Hurley at the end of the last episode, though? Not to be mean, but it's hard to believe he would get a romantic interest in the show. :laugh:

Haha I was thinking the same thing :laugh:

Also, Bernard could also be on the "next-to-die" list. Maybe.

Grandmaster said:
Also, Bernard could also be on the "next-to-die" list. Maybe.

That would suck, considering how long it took for he and his wife to be reunited. We don't know much about either of them, though. Hmm...

Well the other reason I mention the kissing scene (albeit I would have to see it again to make sure, so sorta left it out), was I seem to remember that Kate was the one who broke away from the kiss first, not Jack.

If the main thing preventing them from having a relationship was Jack's knowledge concering Kate's past; this wouldn't explain why Kate was the one to pull away, rather then Jack, and then to run off... Likely tied up in her past, but she has her own inhibitions, which at that moment at least, seemed stronger then Jack's...

muzikool said:

Well, do the other's count? I wouldn't be overly bothered if the guy on the boat who kidnapped Walt were to find himself in an untimely end. Other then my thinking that it was stupid for them to try to effect a rescue so close to the island so as to try to make contact, (when, the presence of others had already come to be known); that guy on the boat... The only strong feelings I would have for him, wouldn't be positive :D

The former police officer would make a good bet though. She's new, and her personality is such that, well I'm not sure she would have been very endearing to anyone as of yet...

Son Goku said:
Well, do the other's count? I wouldn't be overly bothered if the guy on the boat who kidnapped Walt were to find himself in an untimely end. Other then my thinking that it was stupid for them to try to effect a rescue so close to the island so as to try to make contact, (when, the presence of others had already come to be known); that guy on the boat... The only strong feelings I would have for him, wouldn't be positive :D

The former police officer would make a good bet though. She's new, and her personality is such that, well I'm not sure she would have been very endearing to anyone as of yet...

No, the Others don't count because they aren't major characters, yet. I doubt Anna would be killed off because she is one of the few known actors in the shows. Plus, she has a strong personality that adds a lot of flavor to the story. It's even possibility that she will compete for Jack's affection -- that would create a really interesting mess. :)

Son Goku said:
I'd be happy with that, but somehow I doubt it.

just watched the latest episode, v cool. creepy goings on though

Well Anna might be played by a well known actress (actually, I don't tend to pay as much attention to that aspect of things, being more interested in the story then the lives of the actors themselves); but the character has traits, that well... That said, more then a couple chars in this show have a certain past...

I'd just seen the episode, and I know what people are saying about Mr. Echo...
He was a crimminal and most definitely involved in some rather unsavory acts. I won't say that this would put him beyond the realm of the wrongdoing Siyad had been involved in as part of the Iraqi army however, where it came to downright torturing and killing people.

Now, was this indicative of his "true nature" or was this more the path he was lead down by certain circumstances I'm not entirely certain, but likely more flashbacks and all as the show continues will give more info (as we've tended to have more info revealed about given chars as the show has progressed).

And though the mention might tend to reveal more about myself then the chars; is redemption from such a past possible? IMO, yes, but it does not necessarily come free. Beyond proving that one has in fact learned/changed and is worthy of such redemption, it can also at times require one to visit the wrong doing of the past, and "their former self" if one will. And in visiting that former self which they once were, the need can be there to confront that former self they had, at one time, become; and then having determined who it is they do and do not want to be, to address the wrong doing of their own past. The path they might have to walk in addressing such a past might not be easy, but it wouldn't be impossible...

Last edited:
OK, I thought I was vague enough, in not really mentioning the plot of this episode, beyond what might be wrapped in a bit of an enigma which would require one to be familiar with the episode to understand what I was getting at. Perhaps not...

/adding them

Son Goku said:
OK, I thought I was vague enough, in not really mentioning the plot of this episode, beyond what might be wrapped in a bit of an enigma which would require one to be familiar with the episode to understand what I was getting at. Perhaps not...

/adding them

Well some people still haven't seen much of the show, although I guess they shouldn't be reading this thread at all if they don't want to be spoiled...Thanks for adding them though.

So far regardless of the pasts which many of the islanders have they are all basically good people. There was some territorial stuff to start with, esp from Sawyer, but I think that was more him trying to take control of a situation in which he had little to no control over.

same for Ana-Lucia. Territorial and an overbearing control freak, she is used to being in control of a situation as well.

Well, probably a result in part of the death of certain people while working on her job as well as what happened on the island (which I'll leave nameless to avoid spoilers), but Anna's personality really does rub me the wrong way. Ditto for her being the kinda person I would I would chose to leave in a position of power myself, I'm not sure if she's the sort of person I would want to associate with. If this would mean having to be at logger heads with, as a matter of containing some of this over-bearingness, perhaps for the protection of others, so be it. Some therapy for her might well be in order however.

I've still been watching it but got bored with it weeks ago.There wasn't that much happening really and there wasn't enough cliffhangers for my liking.
They could have probably fit it all in to half the number of episodes
:crosseyed:

Lost Bloopers better than the actually programme if you ask me. :laugh:

:laugh: @ Son Goku -- It would probably be best just to use spoiler tags and say exactly what you're thinking. Being so vague in order to avoid spoiling things makes it really hard to understand your posts the first time. I had to re-read several sentences to follow what you were saying. ;)

:laugh:

If I were to type exactly what I was thinking at any given moment, I think we'd both be here all day. Lets just say that I'm conscious of thinking on more then 1 level of mind, if you will at any given time, and at certain levels of mind I don't think in language (aka am not sub-vocalizing my thoughts); but rather in complete ideas. I could say visually, but that wouldn't entirely fit, as such thoughts can include complete concepts, impressions, intuition, etc at a given instant...

More often then not, I'm having to interpret my thoughts into words to convey them...

Still, and though at times I can chose to be more cryptic then others :D this isn't the first time I've got some scratching their heads. Lets just say that a friend and I were playing this game in Diablo II with another friend of his. We hid (aka played hide and seek) and dropped some clues as to where we were. This other friend of his didn't like my clue about where we were hiding "it's some place special to the paladin". He checked the various churches (but not the temples in act 3). When I finally told him where it was, Kurast Bazaar. He was like "since when is that special to Paladins, I was checking the Cathedral and all". The one who was both our friends asked him if he knew the story line to the game, at which he left in disgust :laugh:

Actually, that was kinda fun, though I guess not for the other person. The two of us had fun however... He got the idea from his brother, who used to hide items in games with n00bs, and would give them clues. The one who found the item, got to keep it...

Well, back on topic I guess :D

Lost is an amazing show. I started watching it in the holidays and have been hooked since. The ending of Season 1 left me hungry for Season 2. And now, I have caught up.

So, like everyone else, I also became interested in Eko at the start of Season 2 and wanted to see how his past was like. My wish was fulfilled in episode 10.

This episode was superb. From Eko's past, to the "smoke", to Michael supposedly chatting with his son. One of the links posted above was very interesting which revealed what was inside the "smoke" when Eko was standing face-to-face with it. What the hell is that thing? Is that really the monster?

Waiting sucks. :mad:

Hsn said:
Lost is an amazing show. I started watching it in the holidays and have been hooked since. The ending of Season 1 left me hungry for Season 2. And now, I have caught up.

So, like everyone else, I also became interested in Eko at the start of Season 2 and wanted to see how his past was like. My wish was fulfilled in episode 10.

This episode was superb. From Eko's past, to the "smoke", to Michael supposedly chatting with his son. One of the links posted above was very interesting which revealed what was inside the "smoke" when Eko was standing face-to-face with it. What the hell is that thing? Is that really the monster?

Waiting sucks. :mad:

Yeah the smoke is the "monster". More technically it is the islands' defense mechanism. I don't know why those images were shown, but that's probably why Ecko didn't run away like everyone else does when they see the smoke.

Grandmaster said:
Yeah the smoke is the "monster". More technically it is the islands' defense mechanism. I don't know why those images were shown, but that's probably why Ecko didn't run away like everyone else does when they see the smoke.

Perhaps if that thing shows up in front of other people, images from their past show up? Didn't this "monster" also meet with Locke way back in Season 1? Because I remember him telling Jack later that he has "looked into the eye of this island", although he finishes that statement with "and what I saw was beautiful".
We'll find out sooner or later I hope.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back