Lost

I LOVED it .. was the only reason I really turned my TV on. :p After saying that though I would take it all back if I had known they were going to "kill" it by having a secound (+?) season(s). It was began as a 1 season series and later changed (due to GREAT ratings) to be at least a 2 season show. IMHO in doing so they killed the show and makes me really upset as I was a huge fan, I no longer am. :(

I really liked the first ep, got me hooked right from the beginning due to the intense intro...I'm not joking when I started grinning when I saw that guy getting sucked into the turbine engine :)

It's much more intense than I expected, the characters seems to be developing at a nice pace. Those climatic endings are a nice touch too :)

Apparently alot of adverts?
As well as a big brother break?

Electronic Punk said:
Apparently alot of adverts?
Was breaks like ever 4 mintues or so here (at least thats how it felt). :p So for an "hour" show you were lucky to get 40mins.

onimkron said:
I really liked the first ep, got me hooked right from the beginning due to the intense intro...I'm not joking when I started grinning when I saw that guy getting sucked into the turbine engine :)

It's much more intense than I expected, the characters seems to be developing at a nice pace. Those climatic endings are a nice touch too :)
Yeah it's very action packed in the begining for sure. :) They also make sure to leave you hanging each week so you become like a junky that wants your fix. :p

yes...it is a series worth watching..im with Sazar, 4.5/5 OSNN stars

tdinc said:
yes...it is a series worth watching..im with Sazar, 4.5/5 OSNN stars
Up until the last few episodes I would agree. It was one of the best TV series IMHO. It was near the middle/end (when here in the US we would have 3-4 weeks of repeats at a time) when they began to rewrite the plot in order to stretch it into a money making 2nd season that I feel they let the fans down. You could tell that they were adding more and more "filler" toward the end and I got a bad feeling about it. The finale comfirmed my worst fear as they didn't even try and do anything with it leaving it a waste of 2hrs for the sake of a 2nd season to hopefully cash in on.

I feel they threw creativity out the window for $ (completely selling out).</rant>

The series was good. I don't mind the filler because there is so much about each character to learn. For me it was a darn sight better than 99% of the crap out there that passes for entertainment.

Cheers everyone for their feedback. Will watch the recording of it this weekend, with the ability to fast-foward the adverts! :D

Sazar said:
The series was good. I don't mind the filler because there is so much about each character to learn. For me it was a darn sight better than 99% of the crap out there that passes for entertainment.
I wouldn't have minded the filler if they had wrapped it up like was the plan to begin with. I do object to the filler for the sole purpose of dragging the series into a secound season. I did enjoy the extra in depth information on the characters but not at the cost of the series as a whole. If they wanted to do such a thing they could have done the "filler" in the place of all the repeats for weeks at a time.

I finally found time to sit and watch Lost last night.It was incredibly cheesy and predictable in places but I still enjoyed it.
Shame it's not on the BBC then I wouldn't have to record it and watch at a later date to skip all the boring ad breaks.:speechless:

The O.C >>> Anything said in this thread

But this was good but the Adverts was stupid

Yeah, The O.C. is like Beverly Hills 90210 for this late teen/early 20's generation. Had it come 3-4 years earlier I probably would have been hooked on it as well. Dawson's Creek ended up being my "young people drama" of choice. :p

Evil Marge said:
Ah I have seen that before,my daughter used to watch it.I ended up making her go watch it in her room cause it was awful :dead: :laugh:

lol guessed you would say that

I probably would have been hooked on it as well. Dawson's Creek ended up being my "young people drama" of choice.

The O.C >>> Dawson's Creek :p

Only thing i can member about Dawson's Creek is the Hot Blonde girl

Oh man...I downloaded all the episodes and my wife and I are watching four a day. Just watched ep. 22 last night. I was a fan of mysteries as a kid, and I'm a sucker for drama (I've come to admit this to myself recently). This show suits me fine.

So yeah this show kick some major ass. New episode tonight! Too bad I'll be too busy to watch it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back